test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Levelling system

shadeslingershadeslinger Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know what the leveling system will be like? Will there be forced leveling according location? I really dislike forced leveling where you are limited to certain levels according to geographical area. Also what will be the level cap?
Post edited by shadeslinger on

Comments

• horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Good questions:

1. Do we scale at all moving downward?
    2. Can we stop XP gain? Some games as mentioned you want to do all the content, but you level up quickly and miss half the level equivalent quests. (Having a foundry compounds that)

Scaling to lower dungeon level, sounds reasonable for how this game seems to be setting up.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll third the "Good Questions" comment:

1) Stopping XP gain is very important. End game is the least important part of the game to me, while being able to see everything while level appropriate is very important.

2) Quests: Are quests locked to level? Please no. If I can do the quests at 18th level, even though 25th level is suggested, I should have the chance to try. (if they work this way at all) (example: I have 53 SK in EQ2, who easily kills 66 mobs, but can't get quests in zones because he is not "strong" enough...please don't do this)

3) OP's original Geography concern. Please no lock outs due to my level. Don't keep me safe if I want to go looking for trouble.

These are hopes, rather that orders obviously, and if the game is just the opposite, I'll still play. Just hope level does not hinder the ability to go places and see things.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Watching a livestream. A small group wanted to run a level 13, one in the group was level 20 and wouldn't allow them to enter while the 20 was in the group.
  • shadeslingershadeslinger Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My only concern is the game will be like Guild Wars 2 where they force an 80th level character back to first level stats when returning to the area of the map where the game started. That practice totally ruins a game. If they engage in this totally absurd practice you can count me out.
    edited February 2013
    ^ Hah, I have no problem with that and love how they scale one down to make it somewhat interesting.
  • siggemckvacksiggemckvack Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bump. I just started playing and have a question, why are my skills being auto assigned????? is this something i have to change in menu or will this stop once I start hitting higher levels
  • sirschorisirschori Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It will stop around level 10 or so. after that you can choose your own skill set. it just chooses for you the first few ones to teach you the basics of the game.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Closing this for Necromancy. If a thread hasn't been replied to for 30+ days, it's considered a "dead thread." Instead or replying to such threads, please find a living topic or create a new thread instead. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.