test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The cats in this game

bloodyladiebloodyladie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I love cats i've had them all my live but the cats in this game are ugly the kitties have ugly heads and all of them don't stand normal they allways are bent to the ground they dont have a natural position.
I would happy to have a cat mount but i dont like them .
Post edited by bloodyladie on

Comments

• abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, the companion kitties creep me out more than a little bit. I had thought about saving up for one until I saw someone else's cat. Their posture makes sense since it's an aggressive stance for a cat, but the thing's face is enough to give you nightmares. D:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think it's the cats that have the nightmares....with all of the dangerous encounters you put them thru. Good thing they have 9 lives. ;)

Dragon_Cat.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The dogs aren't great, either.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Nerd artists vs real artists..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The dogs are cute. The cats are scary.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • sokarrostausokarrostau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    I think it's the cats that have the nightmares....with all of the dangerous encounters you put them thru. Good thing they have 9 lives. ;)

Dragon_Cat.jpg

That pic is awesome.

The "dogs" and "cats" in this game are a special breed of fugly. They remind me of those old woodcuts where the artist has clearly never seen the animal in question at first hand but nonetheless makes a go of it based on descriptions.

I'll also add that the dragons are a little off as well. Really can't put my finger on what's wrong with them, though.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only good cat is a dead cat.
    edited September 2013
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That pic above reminds me of an angry version of Maneki-neko, the Japanese luck/fortune "beckoning" cat.

I don't have a problem with the cat/panther's general stance posture, but I did prefer their sit-down-wash-face animation (even with the weird hind leg positioning) over the stretch-yawn one. And yeah, they're not the most adorable cat depictions ever. But doesn't really bother me much ... I mean, NW can look pretty good from a distance, especially scenery, but face modeling and movement animations aren't that awesome. Not a cutting edge 3d modeling game.

My main problem with the augment Cat is the tail does not match the rest of the body in a way that looks natural. It looks like a lizard's tail that was broken off and is still regrowing/tacked on.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What's most wrong with the cat's face is that a real cat's eyes are very large compared to the size of its head. Neverwinter cat has human-proportioned eyes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Neverwinter cats look like raccoon dog. Kinda scary, why not give 'em some negligible terrifying debuff that applies to mobs passing nearby? =^,^=
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic need to introduce kebab shops into the game to help control the cat population.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, cats are scary, when playing with the foundry and looked at one of the models up close, I thought it was some sort of cat demon or something, luckily the ones in game are small enough not to notice. (at least cat NPCs)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    Kitty.jpg

It looks scary :O
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh god, now I'm going ot have nightmares again! T_T
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It looks scary :O
    But it does not look like a cat.
    English is not my first language.
    edited October 2013
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know what else? They don't have elliptical pupils... even though elves do... like a CAT.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • candygirllycandygirlly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013