test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.5.20130923a.4 Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Steal Time: This power should no longer be cancelled and go on cooldown when used immediately after a teleport.

Content
  • Gauntlgrym Domination: It should no longer be possible to leave the respawn areas before a match begins.
  • Temple of the Spider: The missing overhead map should now be corrected.

Enemies
  • Pit Fiend: It is no longer possible for the Pit Fiend to summon Erinyes to aid him higher level than that of the current map.

Items and Economy
  • Mailsmithing: Corrected the Name of the Epic Rank 2 reward scale pants to be Champion's Exquisite Pants.
  • Unstable Potions: It is longer possible avoid the heals or other effects of these potions by dodging or teleporting.
  • There is now a “Free Transmute” item category. Items with this category may be used to transmute its appearance onto an item for free the first time. Currently, the Sunite, Savage and Tiefling weapons are all tagged to use this feature.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    This will be posted on Preview by noon PST today.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    • There is now a “Free Transmute” item category. Items with this category may be used to transmute its appearance onto an item for free the first time. Currently, the Sunite, Savage and Tiefling weapons are all tagged to use this feature.

Great to hear it.

Two questions. Will it be retroactive? And what are tiefling weapons? I don't recall these in game so are they something for upcoming content? New Call to Arms maybe?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the healing potions fix. :)
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Great to hear it.

Two questions. Will it be retroactive? And what are tiefling weapons? I don't recall these in game so are they something for upcoming content? New Call to Arms maybe?

This will not be retroactive, though we will continue to roll out these changes to more cosmetic centric items in the future and possibly adjust prices accordingly. This is meant to mitigate the hidden costs of getting that sweet cosmetic weapon from an event or other source then seeing a 50k AD price tag to transmute it onto your primary damage dealing weapon.

What are Tiefling weapons? Oh... You will see, you will see soon.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some nice things here. I look forward to them eventually coming to live ^_^
    contents to be decided
  • naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard: Steal Time: This power should no longer be cancelled and go on cooldown when used immediately after a teleport.

Will this also fix the rarely not executing Steal Time?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This will not be retroactive, though we will continue to roll out these changes to more cosmetic centric items in the future and possibly adjust prices accordingly.

Cape of Catastrophe, please!

And it would be nice to see a downward adjustment on transmute costs on a lot of the cloak items which seem to be more vanity-oriented, even though they carry some stats. The racial and class quest line rewards, for example.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • glacestglacest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That sounds VERY nice. However WHEN will the graphic bug on the Savage Skull of Many Arrows for CW be fixed? It's been reported for about 2 months and NO ONE will currently transmute using it (even if it's free) since it looks very stupid laying sideways. See the thread here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?439981-Savage-Skull-of-Many-Arrows-visual-orientation-bug-%28-%29.

PLEASE fix this bug or let us know it won't be fixed.
  • daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This will not be retroactive, though we will continue to roll out these changes to more cosmetic centric items in the future and possibly adjust prices accordingly. This is meant to mitigate the hidden costs of getting that sweet cosmetic weapon from an event or other source then seeing a 50k AD price tag to transmute it onto your primary damage dealing weapon.

What are Tiefling weapons? Oh... You will see, you will see soon.

Please consider the Fools Crown for this aswell. Or i guess that could actually be the fool part..... "Oh you actually paid 50k to see this on an item?! bwahahaha... FOOOL!!"

Sillyness aside this would be a good item to be considered a free transmute imho.

Thanks heaps.
    edited October 2013
    I knew I'd forgotten one. So, yes, Fool's Crown.

Some of the other more cosmetic skin items, like those bought from the Wondrous Bazaar, maybe could use a reduction even if not made free transmutes. They already basically cost the earth, right?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ccspamccspam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not mentioned are the new boxes, Dark Forest Lockbox, that may contain a new mount, Owlbear (!), or a new companion, Pseudodragon (misspelled as "psuedodragon", if anyone cares), among other things .

And, tantalizingly, one finds a "Bag of Treats", which description is "In celebration of Lina's Masquerade". Guess we now know the name of the Halloween event. :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The new lockbox is list in the Feywild zone rewards. It is called Dark Forest Lockbox. Rewards include Owlbear mount and pseudodragon companion (purple striker). There is an alluring elven box, which is like shimmering but it has a chance of giving a normal tranquil enchantment. Still can give a lesser version as well. The Dark Forest Equipment Arsenal gives purple items instead of blues. Dark Cache of Enchantment gives 1 rank 7, 1-2 rank 6, or 2-3 rank 5 enchantments along with a chance of a preservation ward. Warponsmith and Artificer pack is the same as the feywild lockbox. One completely new item is the Tarmalune Trade Bar Jackpot. The Relic fragments are gone and there is no cache for runestones.
    edited October 2013
    ccspam wrote: »
    And, tantalizingly, one finds a "Bag of Treats", which description is "In celebration of Lina's Masquerade". Guess we now know the name of the Halloween event. :)

I opened one and got a masquerade token and ice pop. All of the bag of treats are lacking icons.

and heading into the enclave, I see that the event is fully turned on. I was able to pick up a quest at the event dias and there are pumpkins everywhere.
    edited October 2013
    I wanted to have a snoop at the event, but there was no evidence of it when I logged in. The companion and mount are on display at their respective shops though, and the pseudodragon is adorable.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2013
    I wanted to have a snoop at the event, but there was no evidence of it when I logged in. The companion and mount are on display at their respective shops though, and the pseudodragon is adorable.

Yeah. Looks like they turned it off. Here is what I managed to figure out.

So there are Bags of treats that drop off enemies like lockboxes (including using the lockbox icon). When you open these bags of treats, you get one piece of candy and a chance at a masquerade token. The different kinds of candies I managed to get were Honey Balls, Ice Pops, Brighties, and Candy Squash. All have the same description of "Gives a small holiday buff" though they aren't usable.

Then there is the quest from the guy at the event dias, which is to go trick or treating at one of the doors in the Enclave. When you pick up the quest you are given one bag of treat and one masquerade token. These bags and tokens are different from the ones I mentioned previously. One token is required to knock on a door and then you are given a random number of bags of treats (again, different from the ones that come from enemies). Only the token that the event guy gives worked for this purpose.

Now the bag of treats from trick or treat quest go into the currency part of your inventory instead of the standard inventory. Their description says that they can be used for pickpocketing or redeemed for rewards

Obviously this isn't the final version so who knows what will happen between now and when event goes live.

On the lockbox front, I did manage to get the pseudodragon and the owlbear to drop after making multiple copies of my character. I really like the pseusodragon's run animation. The Owlbear's idle is nice too.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh my wizard simply must have that dragon, she simply must!
    edited October 2013
    Shh... Go to sleep little pumpkins.
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wanted to say that im glad the lockbox is coming really awesome with the arsenal(would love if the gear could be salvaged though), great companion too :)
  • dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I'm a little sad there aren't Coalescent wards coming in the new lockbox, but, I'm also glad I didn't sell mine with the false hope that their value would drop.

Secondly, I'm glad you guys realized how terrible the feywild lockboxes were. Most of us are willing to spend our money for a chance at something good, but, when we spend $10 or so on keys and get completely screwed we are not likely to do so again.

The 'misses' when you open a lockbox should not be completely worthless. It appears you have realized this as you removed the terrible runestone cache from the new lockbox. Thank you.

Also, the stag was butt ugly in my opinion. These new things sound cool though, especially the pet.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I opened one and got a masquerade token and ice pop. All of the bag of treats are lacking icons.

and heading into the enclave, I see that the event is fully turned on. I was able to pick up a quest at the event dias and there are pumpkins everywhere.

for the test shard, the lack of icons is normal. all of these will have icons when they go live.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Classes and Balance

^^ that is quite awesome. happens to me from time to time and i hadn't even reported it.
    Content
    • Gauntlgrym Domination: It should no longer be possible to leave the respawn areas before a match begins.

this should make everyone quite happy.

plus on the free transmutes for event items... you guys are awesome! thanks for keeping everything fresh and moving. jack needs to give you all a raise. ;)
    edited October 2013
    So, in the comments on the thread with the patch notes going live right now, someone has pointed out that the tooltip for the owlbear mount from the lockbox indicates it is BoP. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2013
    So, in the comments on the thread with the patch notes going live right now, someone has pointed out that the tooltip for the owlbear mount from the lockbox indicates it is BoP. Can anyone confirm or deny?

The tool tip in the Fury of the Feywild reward page does says BoP as well. I really hope this is a mistake and they will change it to BoE (along with the pseudodragon if it is BoP as well).
    edited October 2013
    Pseudodragon is at least confirmed BoE, as I see one on the AH already.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2013
    edited October 2013
    New notes coming soon, closing thread. Feel free to continue discussion there!
This discussion has been closed.