test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invoke timer suggestion: sync it with daily quest resets

vhladervhlader Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I invoke 1-3 times a day, but still frequently lose celestial coins. A fixed 24 hour countdown, preferably starting at the same time daily quests reset, would probably be more convenient for more players than the rolling 29 hour countdown we have currently.

Unless I'm mistaken, the intent of the celestial coin mechanic is to incentivize players to log on each day. However, if I play at 2pm today and 9pm tomorrow, under the current system I would lose all of my celestial coins. When that happens, it breaks the action-reward relationship.

If I forget (or don't have time) to log in on a given day, I'm OK with losing coins. I can accept it. But when I lose coins despite doing daily quests and invokes, i.e. despite fulfilling my end of the bargain, I feel a little cheated and frustrated.

Why can't the invoke timer have a common reset time? How is the 29 hour timer based on your last invoke better? We used to have quests behave like that, but the Neverwinter team changed it, and I think most people are happy about that change.
Post edited by vhlader on

Comments

• Options
    nimericnimeric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree completely. It's hard to even remember when I'm supposed to invocate next since the window keeps shifting.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But I like the rolling 20 hour timer. Let's me get in one extra coin every week.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nimeric wrote: »
    I agree completely. It's hard to even remember when I'm supposed to invocate next since the window keeps shifting.

It's not that complicated. You can get coins 20 hours after the last time you got coins, and you need to make sure you do before 29 hours from your last invoke. For me, that's a comfy window between getting home from work and going to bed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nimericnimeric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I did not realize the timer resets every time I invoke. I was thinking it was only reset when I got a coin which was constantly shifting. I take back what I said. It's not that hard to track.
  • Options
    vhladervhlader Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    But I like the rolling 20 hour timer. Let's me get in one extra coin every week.
    If you can schedule it every 20 hours and are available every 20 hours, or are willing to use a bot/macro, the advantage is yours.
    It's not that complicated. You can get coins 20 hours after the last time you got coins, and you need to make sure you do before 29 hours from your last invoke. For me, that's a comfy window between getting home from work and going to bed.

You would still have a comfy window between getting home from work and going to bed if the timer reset when daily quests reset. The suggestion doesn't hurt you. But it helps people who work varying shifts, or who have morning obligations some days and afternoon/evening obligations others.

There are many many days where I lose coins despite doing the daily quests for that day, simply because I might be able to play and invoke in the morning one day, and can't get on until the afternoon/evening the next day. If this coin mechanic is supposed to reward players who play every day, I believe my suggestion helps it do that better. More importantly, it eliminates some situations that can result in players experiencing negativity/anger/frustration toward the game, i.e. when they lose coins despite playing by the rules and invoking daily.