test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known Issue: Launcher Minimized in Taskbar

13»

Comments

• lusiannlusiann Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    its september 15th now and i just got the game about 4 days ago..since yesterday i havent been able to maximise my launcher so i see they still have not fixed the problem..its been what, a month since that first post? i have tried all the advice listed here..nothing works..does anyone have any new pointers? and if this helps..im using arc..although i did try to download the launcher directly, but that does the same thing..wont maximise...
  • jadedlilithjadedlilith Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    This worked for me:

Make sure Neverwinter is closed
    Right click the Neverwinter shortcut on your desktop
    Select "Properties" from the menu
    Make sure you're on the "Shortcut" tab
    Find where it says "Run" and from the dropdown menu select "Maximized".
  • mapamo1234mapamo1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    still not working :(
  • caradavinacaradavina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Performing necromancy to say that this fix does not work for me. I tried contacting customer support but they obviously don't care so I'm stuck with an awesome game that I can't play!!!!! :mad:
  • largopirolargopiro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    still not working
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Got it to work using this trick and at this very moment I have a huge patch going on. Patching to NW.5.20130911a.4! Really? I know...I just figure the game/launcher knows what its doing patching backwards and all.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    letmelive wrote: »
    *** SOLUTION ***

Right click the short cut on your desktop (or whereever it is) and choose properties. There is a drop box set to Normal Window. Change it to Maximized Window.

You are welcome. Hace a nice day!

Fast and Easy! TYVM for the time helping :)
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • abigheilabigheil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We've seen some reports of the launcher being stuck minimized in the taskbar. We're currently looking into a fix for this, but here's a workaround for now (thanks, uglyjimmy!):

1. Start Neverwinter
    2. Start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Neverwinter and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start Neverwinter and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Thank you!

I tried to move window, I tried to do the thing u said with the task manager and i even reinstalled the game! Nothing works! Can't u just at least fix the bugs before we enter the game...it is really disturbing...I'm trying for an hour now!
  • draconicdivinitydraconicdivinity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sufffering from this bug too right now. and I dont have a short cut since I'm using Arc. and the Task Manager thing does not work.
  • facer10facer10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    my game just downloaded 110mb, is this normal? now he is doing an auto updating in the corner, this delay? What is this game? have to download or otherwise? grateful already
  • mscheriemscherie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi guys I'm new here and I'm having a problem where the GameClient starts up and loads for about two minutes. It says Loading and says "Material files reloaded" at the bottom left of the screen. After that it black-screens but I can still hear the games background music. I just downloaded and installed the game and I'm unsure why it's doing this.
    Sorry if I'm going off-topic, but I can't post a new thread :(
  • tanglestangles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My issue is quite similar. When I play on the Neverwinter shard, everything works fine. When I try to go to NeverwinterPreview, I have an issue launching the game. Everything works right up until I push the play button. It hesitates a bit and then totally disappears. Nothing in the tray. When I start task manager, it says the game client is running, but there is nothing in applications. I have to end the process before I can get back into "normal" Neverwinter. I've tried changing the properties of the shortcut, but that doesn't help either. I also tried the minimize/maximize before I hit the play button, but that didn't help either. I also just left it on maximize and same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • zsigfriedzsigfried Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eshme7 wrote: »
    Today when I went to sign in, it patched and then signed me in but I click the play button and nothing happens, just the highlight on the 'PLAY' tab but no indication that it is registering the click
    im having the same problem what can I do?
  • lulugraylulugray Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sufffering from this bug too right now. and I dont have a short cut since I'm using Arc. and the Task Manager thing does not work.

since arc is being used

go to the program files where the game files are located
    examplae"; c/programfiles/arc/nw/blah blah.....

right click nw icon and create a desktop shortcut

now try this
    right click the icon on the desk top > properties

there is a dropdown window saying minimised change that to maximise

now open nw thru the shortcut u've created

the maximised window may appear a bit odd but be patient try logging in 2 or 3 times

eh! viola....

works like magic
  • phlowenphlowen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eshme7 wrote: »
    I have had a few problems with my launcher since I installed the game but nothing too major, just a bit of lag etc..

Today when I went to sign in, it patched and then signed me in but I click the play button and nothing happens, just the highlight on the 'PLAY' tab but no indication that it is registering the click.

Anything to help me play the game again would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks,
    /
    \
    |
    Eshme

My friend had an issue with his launcher and he launched it from the command prompt and it worked
  • pandaking5000pandaking5000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i cant login the log in screen pop ups but the login button isnt working the links work just not the login button
  • jaworskyjaworsky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue. Animation_library/skeletons/chicken/skel_chicken.skel:

it keep getting this error