test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WARNING: Mail delete bug, care everyone! Fix needed!

bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
There is currently a bug you should be warned about. Yesterday I bought tons of enchantments from the Auction House and had to delete quite some mails afterwards. Then I moved to the bank and got some Preservation Wards for fusing. I needed to buy some more so got I opened the Zen Store and purchased some - SO I THOUGHT.

I looked at my Zen Balance and nothing had changed, neither did I have Wards in my inventory. When I pressed purchase for the third time I saw that the dialogue was reading "Do you want to delete this mail?". I checked again, then went to the gates to move to Sharandar... instead of asking me "Do you want to travel there?" the dialogue again showed "Do you want to delete this mail?". I tried to log out: "Do you want to delete this mail?" I tried to switch characters: "Do you want to delete this mail?". I tried to exit the game: "Do you want to delete this mail?"....

Finally I terminated NW in task manager. When I logged back on, I could finally purchase some Wards from the Zen Shop. I went to the mailbox and I noticed...

MY LAST TWO MAILS GOT DELETED.

While one was only some green weaponsmithing weapons the other one was an epic Grandmaster Platesmith and two blue Master Platesmiths. Which was kind of a bummer...

@Everyone: After deleting mails you should be very cautious to use the Zen Store, it could delete your mails when you are trying to buy items there. Same goes for the Travel/Logout/Exit dialogues.

@Cryptic: Please fix this bug. I only encountered it once so far but it was quite a pain. If it is too hard to figure out which series of events leads to this bug then at least disable deleting mails with attachments. (A button to delete all empty mails would be very handy too.)

If there is any way the lost items could be recovered... I appreciate any help.
Post edited by bratzinator on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's a problem that comes up from dragging and dropping BoE items from inventory to your character sheet to equip them instead of doubleclicking, which offsets all your confirmation dialogues until you relog. Mostly it's annoying, but it has had fairly dire results for a few people.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited September 2013
    Devs have been notified about this. We hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting it!
  • Options
    bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Devs have been notified about this. We hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting it!

That's really good to news! But is there any way to recover items lost this way? Is this something a GM could help with? I wrote a ticket of course... is there any way to check it's status?
  • Options
    iammegaziammegaz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's really good to news! But is there any way to recover items lost this way? Is this something a GM could help with? I wrote a ticket of course... is there any way to check it's status?

Use the method they tell you to check its status but you wont be notified until they've replied and there is no way to recover lost items, this is how all MMORPGS work.