test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchant\disenchant costs will ruin the game

ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have never done a combine higher than rank 7 and have never combined a set of shards. I won't until the price reflects that of a free-to-play game. Using a perfect enchant as an example, it takes 64 combines to go from a rank 7 to rank 10. That's $640 to use coalescant wards, and likely more expensive if you attempt to use preservation wards first.

If the costs for wards was reduced by 80%, it would make it far more worthwhile. If you could afford to remove an old enchant then it would mean more get used, as opposed to people settling for rank 6 or 7 on purples because they are being "realistic" instead of having fun playing. It will also enable the designers to create new, higher level content. I was more than disappointed to find there are no real upgrades presented with Feywild. Fomorian weapons are just a new skin and their own twisted time sink of an existing weapon.

The designers will not be able to grow the game level-wise with the mindset of $10 or 200tb per coal ward. Will a few people do it? Sure. If I got them more frequently through invoking I would use them, but have no use for one ward to sit in my limited inventory while I wait the six weeks to the next coal reward. I have four characters i invoke on daily, and have gotten exactly one coal ward from doing so in 5 weeks.

I for one am through paying real money for items in the game. I've spent $120 so far, and nothing since Feywild released. I don't see the point in rewarding someone for stagnating what could be a great game on purpose.
Post edited by ulkaur on

Comments

• wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... you want this game like "press one button to get r10"?
    This is called end-game progress, like it or not - what would you do if you(and everyone esle) had all r10 sloted? You would get bored and quit because there wouldnt be anything to do.
    Same as stats got soft cap, gear does have them too.
    This is not WoW.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dude for fusing 7s to 8s and 9s is way better to use the preservation wards, you have a 20% from 7 to 8 and a 15% from 8 to 9 (never fused to 10) and you dont need perfect enchants anyway, nor lvl 9,10s enchants... you can play perfectly fine with 7s,6s and even 5s, why people think they "deserve" to get everything easily?

Im now starting to switch from lvl 8s to 9s in all slots, after being 1 month to do the same from 7s to 8s... is part of the game progress, if you dont grind your toon, you wont value it.
  • whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wondras wrote: »
    So... you want this game like "press one button to get r10"?
    This is called end-game progress, like it or not - what would you do if you(and everyone esle) had all r10 sloted? You would get bored and quit because there wouldnt be anything to do.
    Same as stats got soft cap, gear does have them too.
    This is not WoW.
    That doesn't justify the fact that getting proper enchants takes centuries.

Nobody would quit if it were easier to get enchants, they'd just work on another character instead of spending obscene amounts of cash and effort just to get one character up over the course of many weeks. With that said I think that going from R7-10 should be hard, just not as hard as it currently is.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never understand how people can complain that this game is too expensive, so they should be able to get stuff they don't need for cheaper. It's totally free to play. There are no people in this game getting an advantage over you because they paid a subscription fee, and rank 10 enchants aren't necessary to play the game. Since this game has no subscription option, it needs a way of making money. The in-game economy needs an AD sink, because if everyone was able to save tons of it, easily, no one would buy zen. The main reason people buy it is to exchange for AD, or else the zen market exchange would be useless.

Also, what kind of ridiculous person uses all purchased coalescent wards to fuse all the way up to rank 10 in the first place, and thus spends $640? For one, that's insane at lower ranks, for two, they cost less in AD on the auction house, for three, you can occasionally get them for free if you invoke every day. I've got like ten of them in my bank and I've never paid for a single one. If you think it costs $640 to get a rank 10, you're mistaken.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    who bothers to disenchant lvl 5 or 6 stones lol? ive sold so many items (blues ofc) with runes imbued to the npcs :D
    Disenchanting is a trap/money sink for rich and naive kids lol.
    For example to remove a lvl 6 stone it will cost you ~ 73k AD from a blue ring . Better buy a new purple ring for max 30k AD and a lvl 6 rune for ~20k AD and the total is around 50k not 73k AD . Lucky me the deflect stones,defence,(as a tanker) life steal are so cheap sometimes at the auction :)
    Always be careful and pay attention to the auction prices , a high lvl stone might be cheaper than buying a ward sometimes :).
    I wont buy/work for higher stones than lvl 6 ,only if i get the end game set gear lol.Then a lvl 7 or 8 will do lol.
    Start to use a lot the profession/crafting interface (similar to Assignments from STO), sell cheap assets; mercenaries,carvers,weavers,miners, etc etc (similar to the doffs from STO) and you'll have some extra coins( AD) to buy high lvl stones :)

and btw when you finished or failed a dungeon run, stay there (don't leave the instance) to search for kits and treasures except the fake ones lol, most parties ignores the kits/hidden treasures and rush to the final boss way lol.Use the traps/spikes to push/kill tough enemies.(Every stone you find matters even if it's a lvl 1 so get to work and gather all you can find in the game ).

This game is way more "harsh" than Star Trek Online , in economy terms too-i guess higher numbers of trek fans makes the item prices more fair/lower) and even if you have a stone lvl 10 will still give you troubles in Neverwinter dungeon runs.To get into a party with 10 lvl stones on other's gear it's a probability of 0.5% lol unless you're playing with your real life friends and do private runs.

I'm thinking to go back to Star Trek Online ,not sure yet, but will do for sure with the Winter Event. I still have saved 328 Glossy Pictures of Q from last year and the free Odyssey ship from the Star Trek Online 2 years Anniversary since that game became free-to-play ...
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also, the fact R10 exists doesnt mean you MUST use them.
    I use avarage of R5,5 stones and I am currently at 12,5k GS - that is more then enought for any dungeon to become fairly easy.
    And i dont see much sence complaining about you cant get extra 1k GS in a week.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As much as I dislike jumping on the "bash the OP bandwagon" I have to agree with the fact that rank 10 enchantments are simply not a requirement to experience content. The difference between rank 5/6 enchantments and rank 10 is not that great anyway.

These kind of things are in place just to get extra money from certain people. I say let them have it, if it means the rest is free for us.
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's about a factor of two between rank 5/6 and rank 10. I agree very high rank enchantments aren't needed for content. Going up to rank 6 or 7 is pretty good, and doesn't cost so much in time or astrals. One can get access to the hardest content in the game without using very high rank enchantments. From there, being successful at that content is more a function of one's ability to play the character and one's team's ability to work together. Frankly, if those aren't present, no level of enchantment is going to fix the game for you.

If one does feel compelled to go all the way, and do it quickly; then yes, it's going to cost or be frustrating. Maybe both.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Who spends $640 on C Wards? Buy them from the AH or invoke to get them.

Use green wards for rank 5-9s. 10 from the Zen Store will cost you around 35,000 AD.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • pjdvpjdv Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited September 2013
    Who spends $640 on C Wards? Buy them from the AH or invoke to get them.

Use green wards for rank 5-9s. 10 from the Zen Store will cost you around 35,000 AD.

not to side track this conversation a little bit but don't people think it is ridiculously expensive to Dis-enchant? Sure, I'll do the work to get high lvl enchants/runes but come on - 150K+ AD to move something from one piece of armour to another is robbery. So you work to get a perfect vorpal which takes a lot of effort and then have to pay a wack just to move to gear you like better is lame
    p.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    no, its called AD sink, and as someone said, you only need to unenchant weapon/armor enhacements, lvl 7 darks and lvl8s, lower enchants are cheaper than unenchant them, and if you have the kind of gear and ingame income to have perfects, rank 8s-10s... the 150-300k (8s to perfects) is almost meaningless.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I get that it's intended as an AD sink and I have no problem with that. I'm glad that we have AD sinks in the game because it keeps the economy healthy. However, it still seems unfairly pricey to remove enchantments.
    Getting the best enchantments should be hard or pricey to get, IMO. If you get everything on a silver platter, what's the point to even play in the first place? There is no sense of achievement if you get the best of anything easily.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I get that it's intended as an AD sink and I have no problem with that. I'm glad that we have AD sinks in the game because it keeps the economy healthy. However, it still seems unfairly pricey to remove enchantments.
    Getting the best enchantments should be hard or pricey to get, IMO. If you get everything on a silver platter, what's the point to even play in the first place? There is no sense of achievement if you get the best of anything easily.

The question is, why bother removing enchantments at all? Rank 5/6 enchantments drop pretty frequently and are more than adequate for the current content outside of PvP, once you've geared up on Rank 5/6 enchantments then you put the ones you collect towards ranking up to rank 10 and then overwrite your rank 5/6 enchantments.
    edited September 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The question is, why bother removing enchantments at all? Rank 5/6 enchantments drop pretty frequently and are more than adequate for the current content outside of PvP, once you've geared up on Rank 5/6 enchantments then you put the ones you collect towards ranking up to rank 10 and then overwrite your rank 5/6 enchantments.
    Actually, if you want enchantments of Rank 5 or higher, you can only get them by fusion. Mobs only drop enchantments of Rank 4 or lower. But I understand what you are saying and I do agree, there is no need to remove lower rank enchantments. However, that doesn't make the fee any more fair.
  • vehlxvehlx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't mind spending money to show my appriecation to the neverwinter and the legacy of the old pencil and paper under Gary Gygax. The game is free, there forefore I think it fair that I help keep it going by paying for a mount, a companion I like, etc. $35 for a companion I think goes well with my Dwarf? A mount that fits my too better? sure. But I do get annoyed with seeing a felwylde strong box dropping off of every set of mobs I mow down, knowing that it requires a key that someone somewhere had to purchase in order to open it. Why are these boxes purple? Make them them grey...I just use them for vendor trash anyhow. Make the boxes grey and make the Keys (a very very rare drop) purple. Gamble to buy buying a key to get a mount only found in one of these as a rare chance? sure! but then add more items that can only be gotten out of lockboxes (in which someone had to purchase a key at some point) is silly and I find it annoying...compound that with the lack of versitility of weapons and well I start to get disenchanted fast with seeing the pencil and paper version come to life. The GWF pretty much as a huge great sword the whole time...you rarely see greataxes, two handed hammers, or a variation of weapons at all...I like the game but it's pretty much starting to look like, depending on the few classes there are, you are only going to get one weapon for each class...dagger, generic looking sword, greatsword....etc...yes I know there are a few exceptions but it's pretty cookie cutter. I don't mind investing but I am starting to feel like this could be as good as it gets...forget seeing dwarves with hammer, greataxes...pickaxes. Variation in wizards; fireballs, forked lighting....turn undead for clerics, bonuses for which diety one worships...paladins, druids, cavaliers, monk, sorcerer, bard, barbian,avenger, invoker, warden, runepriests...I see alot of founders about and they like myself have invested money. Don't get me wrong I am happy to see the ranger coming out soon! I just hope this holds up to the potential. I will be waiting for the time I can actually arm my Dwarf with something other than a greatsword (and still have it be a decent level equivelant weapon). Perhaps some variation on how we can train out companions, do I want my archon to be range (support) or melee? Can I spec my rock elemental to dps or tank? are there options? How about the spider? dps (striker or controler?) small things and option can make a difference I do not expect to get things for free. I expect to pay for the thing I enjoy...I just don't like cookie cutter...let's see this be what it should and could be...

Happy Hunting,

The Pondering Dwarf
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why are you guys going to get it? Cryptic cares about three things and three things only:

1) Sales
    2) Sales
    3) And more sales

Giving out keys? Yeah, right! Making enchant removal cheap? Laughable. Anything that steers people away from spending real money to convert Zen to AD is not a part of their business model. Look at the FF Main Hand. Not only do parts rarely drop, you have to buy the Profession Lock Boxes with the hope or chance that you get what you're looking for. Our guildies got smart and are sharing tools.

This is 1) a business that is 2) set up to fuel an addictive-gambling-like-mentality to 3) get your money.

That's it, plain and simple.

Your options now are to not support their shady business model by being F2P, buy Zen with real money, for find other curious ways of finding NW currency. Is it possible to get all BiS gear in game for free? Sure. A TR in our guild has BiS gear, all Rank 9s, a Perfect Vorpal and a Greater Soulforged. Not completely BiS but dang, dang close. He farms all the time to get items to sell on the AH.

Pick your poison.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why are you guys going to get it? Cryptic cares about three things and three things only:

1) Sales
    2) Sales
    3) And more sales

Giving out keys? Yeah, right! Making enchant removal cheap? Laughable. Anything that steers people away from spending real money to convert Zen to AD is not a part of their business model. Look at the FF Main Hand. Not only do parts rarely drop, you have to buy the Profession Lock Boxes with the hope or chance that you get what you're looking for. Our guildies got smart and are sharing tools.

This is 1) a business that is 2) set up to fuel an addictive-gambling-like-mentality to 3) get your money.

That's it, plain and simple.

Your options now are to not support their shady business model by being F2P, buy Zen with real money, for find other curious ways of finding NW currency. Is it possible to get all BiS gear in game for free? Sure. A TR in our guild has BiS gear, all Rank 9s, a Perfect Vorpal and a Greater Soulforged. Not completely BiS but dang, dang close. He farms all the time to get items to sell on the AH.

Pick your poison.

It is not a "shady" business model. Not even close. You get *exactly* what you pay for, and what you will get is explained if you read the text.

As others have said, there are very few times when the AD cost of removing an enchantment is worth it (namely, most weapon and armor enchants, all enchants over rank 8, and dark rank 7s). The price of Preservation wards is reasonable, IF you convert AD to zen and then buy from the store. NEVER spend 1000 zen on a Coal Ward, get them from the AH for 110-110k AD. Remember to invoke at least once a day on every toon.
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    It is not a "shady" business model. Not even close. You get *exactly* what you pay for, and what you will get is explained if you read the text.

As others have said, there are very few times when the AD cost of removing an enchantment is worth it (namely, most weapon and armor enchants, all enchants over rank 8, and dark rank 7s). The price of Preservation wards is reasonable, IF you convert AD to zen and then buy from the store. NEVER spend 1000 zen on a Coal Ward, get them from the AH for 110-110k AD. Remember to invoke at least once a day on every toon.

Agreed, if you are spending 10 dollars on a ward you should definitely sit down in front of the mirror and think what led you to this point in your life and how to go about fixing it.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

1) Sales
    2) Sales
    3) And more sales

Welfare gamers only care about three things.

1) Wanting stuff
    2) Wanting not to have to pay for stuff
    3) Wanting more stuff, and this stuff is for free too

Too bad for them, businesses are in the business of making money. That is kind of what makes it a business, and not a charity.

Free to play is a Business model.

If you don't like the free to play business model, why don't you try go playing a game made by a non-profit charity instead?

You can try this one.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People forget that it requires players to have AD in order to get AD from buying zen.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I appreciate all of the suggestions. I hadn't considered preservation wards for rank 7-8 due to all of the failures just making a 6.

To those who think I just want an I-Win button, you didn't get my intent. In any business model, product is created, manufacured and shipped with the idea that everything is designed to be sold and used. Product that doesn't sell well enough gets phased out over time in favor of what does. In a virtual environment use is the only factor that matters. It's only a productive item or service if the percentage of people using it or willing to consider it is high enough.

I suggested that by lowering the cost they would make more people consider it an option. If disenchanting were more reasonable, more people would do it. An AD sink only works if people use it. There's no AD sink if people are smart enough to completely dismiss it as an option except in extreme cases.

While I won't ever pay $10 for wards, I would pay $2. I'm not out to keep the designers from making money, just throwing options on how they can reach more people and keep the game going strong. They would also pave the way towards new levels, moving enchants to newer better gear. As it stands, statting your gear is the new grind.

I also mentioned in my original post I have spent money on the game, for a guardian pack, and also some profession packs, keys, etc. On my characters I roughly earn 40-60k per day in diamonds. I've invoked every day if at all possible. I can afford to buy stuff. I'm just drawing the line at what I believe is resonable, and what can just be chalked up to the fast grab.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The op has a very valid point - the prices are just a joke. Take the fact the Sharandar gives you lots of shards quite easily, if you try them out on gear that is not your final gear yet (as a new player) once you are lucky to get a coal ward through invoking is a nice thing. But paying 100k to remove that enchant again to use it on another gear is just insane.

Thing is: Only some die hard players will every make lvl 9+ enchants while everyone else will just stop at some point. Would the whole thing be cheaper it could even lead to more profit for Cryptic in the end. Beause atm I would never buy a coal ward. For what? That is just a little drop of water in the ocean. I would need to buy so many to get fuse the enchants anyway spending hundreds of bucks on a GAME! There comes the advantage of paid games: You might spend like 200-250 bucks a whole year and then have EVERYTHING in game open to use. In f2p you can pay hundreds of bucks for a tiny feature to unlock.
    edited September 2013
    ulkaur wrote: »
    I can afford to buy stuff. I'm just drawing the line at what I believe is resonable, and what can just be chalked up to the fast grab.
    That is a healthy way to look at things.

The thing is that with enough patience, you can get what you want without spending any Zen or AD. I find it a reasonable challenge to get those perfect/Rank 10 enchantments.
    The fee for removing enchantments, on the other hand, is unrealistic, but if you look at the prices they have set for the enchantments in the Wondrous Bazaar you will understand why the fee is so high. A rank 3 enchantment is 50K AD, in the AH for the same amount of AD you can get a Rank 6 enchantment. For some reason, they think that those enchantment are worth a lot more than they actually do, so, in their mind, it's worth for the players to unsocket them. This, of course, it's not an excuse and it just goes to show how out of touch with the reality of the game they are. These prices and fees need to be set to a more realistic amount so they actually reflect the value of the item or service you get in return.

As a side note
    The same thing can be said about the gear they sell in the Bazaar, which has mediocre stats, but for some reason it has a price of over a million AD (the skins look interesting enough, but not worth the price just for that).
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The prices are set by players. The same people here are the ones complaining about bots collecting gems, lol imagine what prices would be if no bots ever farmed gems, over double.

Enchants are the only hard to achieve thing in the entire game, there has to be something that takes time to acquire, get over it.

Also whoever said "why should I pay a bunch of AD to unsocket my P. vorpal once I upgrade my weapon" Um if you can afford P. vorpal you already have BiS, and say you craft the fomorian weapon well you certainly have enough money to unsocket if you could afford P. vorpal and the weaponsmith profession assets in the first place...

Unsocketing, transmuting, and AH fees are the only real AD sinks we have
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The prices for unsocketing enchantments are out of whack with reality .... they should be something like 50% of the cost of the enchantment - high enough to be a bit of an AD sink, but low enough to be actually worth it. As it is, right now, if you are example going from rank-7 enchants to rank-9 (something I am in the process of doing right now myself), it is simply cheaper to trash the existing rank-7 ... a bit annoying, as it took quite a bit of effort to get just a couple of months ago.

Of course you don't really need the highest ranking enchants - but if you have nothing else to spend the AD on, well...why not?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ulkaur wrote: »
    snip

another doom and gloom post... there's a reason why it's not easy to get the most powerful enchants in the game. and i'm sure that it was designed this way on purpose. you seem to be one of those gamers that blows through content and is always looking for the /godmode codes so you can be all powerful. you can't do that here so that's got you in a tizzy.

if the game isn't fun for you, move on. if your idea of game play is invoking every day for the possibility of getting a coalescent ward, it's no wonder you're not happy. most core players/end gamers are either grinding for items of value in order to upgrade their gear or they're buying it.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    It is expensive as it is suppose to be.
    There are people who is going to play this game for years and there has to be something for them to strive fore, in more than one aspect of the game, and not have to sit and wait for Cryptic/PW to bring out new stuff to do.
    It's also a matter of priority, buy only using what's available in game, you can not equip several characters with perfect enchants at the same time.

I am aiming for a perfect vorpal for my GWF, just because I like the gfx of it. It will take forever as this is not something I will spend real money on (I spend real money on other stuff in the game, mainly cosmetics, mounts and pets)
    I hope to get enough AD's by crafting them, to buy vorpals, if I don't get them as drops and I invoke on 5 chars, hoping I will get enough wards out of the coffers to fuse them. So far I have gotten the vorpals in the same speed as the wards (I have one normal and one lesser)
    I stopped fusing enchantments for my DC, she will have to do with normals.

You have to check AH and see if it's really worth to remove and reuse your enchantment or if it's cheaper to buy a new one.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    The prices for unsocketing enchantments are out of whack with reality .... they should be something like 50% of the cost of the enchantment - high enough to be a bit of an AD sink, but low enough to be actually worth it. As it is, right now, if you are example going from rank-7 enchants to rank-9 (something I am in the process of doing right now myself), it is simply cheaper to trash the existing rank-7 ... a bit annoying, as it took quite a bit of effort to get just a couple of months ago.

Of course you don't really need the highest ranking enchants - but if you have nothing else to spend the AD on, well...why not?

The problem with this is, you're almost certainly going by AH prices, which are set by supply and demand. If the cost to remove enchants was lowered to the point where people would prefer to remove them over destorying them, there will be even more enchants floating around, and they would end up costing even less, the AH prices would go down, probably to the point where there'd once again be no point in removing them instead of unsocketing them again. They can't set a fixed price for something based on AH prices.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    no, its called AD sink, and as someone said, you only need to unenchant weapon/armor enhacements, lvl 7 darks and lvl8s, lower enchants are cheaper than unenchant them, and if you have the kind of gear and ingame income to have perfects, rank 8s-10s... the 150-300k (8s to perfects) is almost meaningless.

It's only an AD sync if people actually spend AD on the process.

Any informed player will realize that it is cheaper (generally) to just buy a replacement enchantment of the level you are thinking of removing on the AH, than to pay the removal fee. Even if the AH prices fall as the previous poster suggests, it is still economically less expensive (in terms of farming time and possibly preservation wards) to toss up to a Rank 6 or 7 ward than to remove it.

Perhaps some people are paying the fee anyhow, perhaps some people pay $10 for a coalescent ward. If it is not in the economic interest of players to pay the fee vs. alternatives, though, the AD sink is not as effective as it could/should be.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
    edited September 2013
    The problem with this is, you're almost certainly going by AH prices, which are set by supply and demand. If the cost to remove enchants was lowered to the point where people would prefer to remove them over destorying them, there will be even more enchants floating around, and they would end up costing even less, the AH prices would go down, probably to the point where there'd once again be no point in removing them instead of unsocketing them again. They can't set a fixed price for something based on AH prices.

You are right, the prices in the AH are set by supply and demand, but it's the way the game is set up now that makes the supply and demand. Think how easy it is to come across a Rank 4 enchant and how pricey it is to remove one. The prices in the AH are the way they are because how they set up the game. No one is paying to remove enchants of Rank 7 or lower for a reason and it's not the prices in the AH. It is simply easier to obtain a Rank 7- enchantment than to make the AD required to remove and save that enchantment. The fee should be in such a way that it reflects the rarity of the enchantment not an amount they dreamed up during development. To avoid the changes in the economy they could make the unsocketed enchantments bound to the character so you could not sell them. They had time to test the game for 3+ months now, its seems only appropriate that they should make the necessary adjustments to these prices, otherwise these items and services are just useless. It even fail as the AD sink it was intended to be because players do not spend their AD on this.