test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue PvP One-Shots Video

zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I made this video of some one-shots and high critting two-shots in PvP.
It took me a few hours of PvP to collect this many shots.
Basically I wanted to show that TR can still do a very high amount of damage in PvP after the patch.
Also I wanted to make a video that people can enjoy. Hope you do :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQxsQsU8IU
zokir.png
Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
Post edited by zokir on

Comments

• gizz0rgizz0r Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol awesome shots! Gimme a bit of ya power pwease :3 You got a Like for this Vid.
  • xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    Yea, mages, DC, and tr have low def.

some DC at least.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good job, but how come you use a mixed set, out of interest? With your enchants and Greater Vorpal, you clearly could afford a single 4pc set.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Good job, but how come you use a mixed set, out of interest? With your enchants and Greater Vorpal, you clearly could afford a single 4pc set.

This is usually done because the 2 piece bonus is better than the 4 piece bonus. This means using 2 pieces from one set and 2 pieces from another set equals 2 good bonuses. I use a mix of the master assassin set and the sinister shade set. That is 450 bonus to power and 450 bonus to crit.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    This is usually done because the 2 piece bonus is better than the 4 piece bonus. This means using 2 pieces from one set and 2 pieces from another set equals 2 good bonuses. I use a mix of the master assassin set and the sinister shade set. That is 450 bonus to power and 450 bonus to crit.

What if i told you, that 4/4 swash gives you 1k power and 1k recovery? all you need to do is throw 5 daggers and you are good to go.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    This is probably going to get more negative feedback from devs on the TR's than help, I hate to say.

It would be like me posting 3 minutes of clips of my GWF doing 4v1's. While it can be done, and it's a hallmark of the class and in my mind, balanced (much as the TR one-shot against low-gear opponents), it is still an extreme case of a well-geared and skilled player putting the class at it's peak of performance.

And as such, causes tears and calls for nerfing from those who don't want to work for the gear, and don't have the skill, to come close to that level.

Good job to the op, though.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    This is probably going to get more negative feedback from devs on the TR's than help, I hate to say.

It would be like me posting 3 minutes of clips of my GWF doing 4v1's. While it can be done, and it's a hallmark of the class and in my mind, balanced (much as the TR one-shot against low-gear opponents), it is still an extreme case of a well-geared and skilled player putting the class at it's peak of performance.

And as such, causes tears and calls for nerfing from those who don't want to work for the gear, and don't have the skill, to come close to that level.

Good job to the op, though.

Actually, with the right gear, debuff and timing a rogue can 1-2 shot almost anybody and this is why they are op and a real problem.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    This is probably going to get more negative feedback from devs on the TR's than help, I hate to say

You mean "to devs"...

But anyway, not really. What's the point of a TR if they are not dangerous and can potentially one-shot? After all, they can only do it at most once solo against any half decent equivalently geared player, because you know they are there now. They are like snipers in FPS. They have to adapt, and you have to adapt too.

The only thing that matters is HOW they do it. If it is via some unbalanceable way, like the currently undodgeable Shocking Execution where it is irrelevant how much damage the skill does because it gives no one a chance to avoid it, then that is an issue. But for everything else, bring on the challenge! It makes the game more interesting.

Last thing anyone wants is to feel "safe" in PvP, no matter your class or gear!
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do have both full gear sets. It's just personal preference- and mine happens to be half swash half master.

If you look on my channel you'll see this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJiUza3gdqs
    Which is a collection of one-shots from before the patch.
    You can very noticeably see the difference between my hits. Although that video is shorter, I do a one shot on GF and GWF also, which I haven't been able to do since the nerf.
    Also, I've since upgraded my enchants from 7s to mostly 9s now.
    The nerf had a very big impact on the damage TR does in PvP. You can clearly infer that from the lack of QQ'ing threads nowadays.
    When recording PvP for the post patch video, I would get about 2-3 of those shots per PvP; it's not like they happen all the time.
    I just wanted to showcase the current state of TR, and also compare it to before the patch.
    zokir.png
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    Basically I wanted to show that TR can still do a very high amount of damage in PvP after the patch.

Nice compilation. Could use a little editing and the screen seems really really dark, also I found that if you show a little more build up on each "clip" aka a few more seconds leading UP to it, it "flows" better.

Overall, not bad, maybe next vid put a LITTLE more time into editing and you got some nice damage there!
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    What if i told you, that 4/4 swash gives you 1k power and 1k recovery? all you need to do is throw 5 daggers and you are good to go.

I would say you are wrong. The 4 set bonus effect for the Swashbuckling Captain's set is "Your powers have a 25% chance to grant 338 Power and Recovery for 6 seconds. This effects stacks 3 times.". At three stacks that 1014 Power and Recovery for only 6 seconds with a 75% chance of it not happening. Don't forget the 450 Recovery 2 piece set bonus.

Zokir is right that its a personal preference on what players use in the game. Chances are because of all the bugs it is closer to 90% chance of the 4 set bonus not working instead of a 75% chance. I simply decided to go with prolonged guaranteed 2 set bonuses. With the right gear, debuff, and timing almost any class can one - two shot anybody.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Nice compilation. Could use a little editing and the screen seems really really dark, also I found that if you show a little more build up on each "clip" aka a few more seconds leading UP to it, it "flows" better.

Overall, not bad, maybe next vid put a LITTLE more time into editing and you got some nice damage there!

The screen gets darker because of lurkers; maybe a little my settings as well- not completely sure on that.

I tried to fill the video with as many shots as possible to fit with the song. Maybe next time I'll try a few different things with the editing to see if it can turn out any better.

Thanks for the feedback :)
    zokir.png
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »

Chances are because of all the bugs it is closer to 90% chance of the 4 set bonus not working instead of a 75% chance.

Go to the nearest training dummy, slot sly flourish , and hit for 3 seconds. And tell me if it is still 75% chance not working.

I get atleast 1 stack ( 330ish power/recovery) per second. Maybe i'm just too lucky.:rolleyes:
    edited September 2013
    Go to the nearest training dummy, slot sly flourish , and hit for 3 seconds. And tell me if it is still 75% chance not working.

I get atleast 1 stack ( 330ish power/recovery) per second. Maybe i'm just too lucky.:rolleyes:

Don't always get the chance to build the stacks though, is another thing to consider.
    zokir.png
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nice vid!!
    now go make another vid of how you finish your foundry lmfao its giving me a headache!
    edited September 2013
    Don't always get the chance to build the stacks though, is another thing to consider.

Yes you do, if the TR even farted, he would still get a stack.

It is very simple to build them, all you need to do is throw daggers or use some sly flourish. Going 2 piece/2 piece makes you lose alot of bonus imo.
    edited September 2013
    Yes you do, if the TR even farted, he would still get a stack.

It is very simple to build them, all you need to do is throw daggers or use some sly flourish. Going 2 piece/2 piece makes you lose alot of bonus imo.

Hmm. I've only done a little experimenting with the 4-piece sets. Maybe I'll try it some more and see how it goes.
    zokir.png
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm the TR on 1:51, Arc-Star :D. I remember that match and we worked well together. Loved the video too.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The screen gets darker because of lurkers; maybe a little my settings as well- not completely sure on that.

I tried to fill the video with as many shots as possible to fit with the song. Maybe next time I'll try a few different things with the editing to see if it can turn out any better.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Yeah spend a LITTLE more time editing, its not the size of the crit or frequency but part of it is the surrounding gameplay as well. What situations were you in and got those.

Not that mine is the perfect model but I got alot of positive feedback about my TR video (some negative too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Nq7uJSe1k
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    So before the patch there are vids of TRs OS overkills, and now after the patch the vids show TR's OS.
    English is not my first language.
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    So before the patch there are vids of TRs OS overkills, and now after the patch the vids show TR's OS.

Yah, you gotta learn to play to defeat TRs. Or just ask cryptic for more nerfs because that's easier.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yah, you gotta learn to play to defeat TRs. Or just ask cryptic for more nerfs because that's easier.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You gotta learn how to play a TR than. Or just say to others that they need to "l2p" because that's easier :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    signature-lili.png
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013

Yes my 12.5 GS cleric has been 1 to 2 shot by you before Hyenas lol. Yup I can vouch she is for real :D<3 (And yes I am good at getting away from TR normally just not in this case)
    edited September 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    You gotta learn how to play a TR than. Or just say to others that they need to "l2p" because that's easier :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You definitely don't need to learn to play. You can go eat them up with your unicorn mount and fairy companion!.

Why learn to play if you can whine about them on forums? :cool: /MMOlogic101

Can't kill Sentinel GWF? NERF!

Can't kill conqueror GF? NERF!

Can't kill a TR? NERF!

Yep, it must be the game mechanics. :cool:
    edited September 2013
    Yes my 12.5 GS cleric has been 1 to 2 shot by you before Hyenas lol. Yup I can vouch she is for real :D<3 (And yes I am good at getting away from TR normally just not in this case)

I remember you :D
    Although I don't usually aim to one-shot clerics Lol
    zokir.png
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @zokir

You have a lot of recovery? I see always LA (daily) up... how do you raise it so fast?
    edited September 2013
    carletto75 wrote: »
    @zokir

You have a lot of recovery? I see always LA (daily) up... how do you raise it so fast?

My lurkers assault is always up in the video because it's different clips from PvP.
    Most of my high hits happen when I'm in LA, so that's what is showed in the video.
    It's not always up :p
    zokir.png
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Cool video~ TR with LA is b@d@ss!! What's your AP,Power?
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what`s that white ugly thing you re slapping with ?
    it supposed to look like that ?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i'm sorry but where is the skill involved with being perma-stealthed or even just stealthed in general... and then sneaking up to someone and giving them the good ol' one two? what, your dodge abilities? your quick cat-like movements? please. if you didn't have the greater or perfect enchants along with your perfect soulforged which are clear advantages over a player that doesn't have these... or rather all the enchants that are known to be the best for pvp such as vorpal which boosts your crit severity or plague fire which causes damage and lowers defenses... and soulforged which makes you immune to all attacks while you drink your pvp potion and make your escape. same goes for high ranked enchants. not everyone that is interested in pvp have been playing as long as some of the end-gamers. also, a good team is a good team. so pre-mades definitely have an advantage over a pug group.

you're saying that someone with skill can bypass all of these advantages?