test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duelist Fury in PvP --- 60 TR Video

2»

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Agreed.

As far as defensive stats --->in my opinion as a TR<---. Defense to a minimum 25% reduction >35%+ Deflect. Shouldn't worry about stacking health stones. After that its just playstyle that will make you succeed in PvP, and of course having team mates who are competent.

Why would you want to put points into defense up to 25%? most DPS classes have ~24% resistance ignored so the difference between not stacking defense at all, and stacking defense to 25% is 1% DR.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Why would you want to put points into defense up to 25%? most DPS classes have ~24% resistance ignored so the difference between not stacking defense at all, and stacking defense to 25% is 1% DR.

Based purely off what I've noticed when playing in PvP. No math involved

Having Zero defense, and high deflect will still get you crushed

Having a base soft cap of Defense, and low deflect is good, but not as good as raising deflect higher then defense.

I'm not actually enchanting anything with Azures in my pvp gear atm. With the gear that I have, its risen it to 1206 in pvp set, which ends up being 25.2% defense. I'm stacking all Silvery for deflect, and sitting at 1,730, and 37.8% deflect.

I guess I should have worded what I said differently. Some people are building a pure PvP set, in this aspect then I would recommend enchanting defense to a soft cap, then going deflect.

For me, I use the same set(minus my jewely as of today), for PvE and PvP, and it already gave me the defense I was looking for. I played around with different enchant set ups, going for all Defense(had it up to 2300something), but minimal deflect 450ish, and I was getting hit very hard.

Having the stats I have now so far is my best set up I've had in PvP. I absolutely LOVE this deflect.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice video and I personally like the background music. Sounds brutal, just like the match being shown in the vid. I've always been a struggling PVP-er as I really don't have the sense for competitive PVP, and going up against Alysin Chains takes that struggle even further.

Also, I like your approach and reasoning with Deflect. I'm imagining you can further increase that with an upgraded Ioun Stone of Might for PVE, and slot the 2 ring slots with Greater Rings of Repulsion with R7 (or higher) silvers for 250 Regen, 300 Defense, 570 Deflect. And maybe another deflect-based waist item slotted with R7 silver for more Deflect. I'd like to see the effects of at least 40% Deflect as I'm thinking it can be pretty OP with a Scoundrel Build since deflect also seems to shorten the duration of CC for some reason. This may need further testing, however.

Nonetheless the video was enjoyable! Thanks for sharing your build for the rogues who wish to try out your unique play style. :)
    edited September 2013
    Nice video and I personally like the background music. Sounds brutal, just like the match being shown in the vid. I've always been a struggling PVP-er as I really don't have the sense for competitive PVP, and going up against Alysin Chains takes that struggle even further.

Also, I like your approach and reasoning with Deflect. I'm imagining you can further increase that with an upgraded Ioun Stone of Might for PVE, and slot the 2 ring slots with Greater Rings of Repulsion with R7 (or higher) silvers for 250 Regen, 300 Defense, 570 Deflect. And maybe another deflect-based waist item slotted with R7 silver for more Deflect. I'd like to see the effects of at least 40% Deflect as I'm thinking it can be pretty OP with a Scoundrel Build since deflect also seems to shorten the duration of CC for some reason. This may need further testing, however.

Nonetheless the video was enjoyable! Thanks for sharing your build for the rogues who wish to try out your unique play style. :)

Thx Banelorne, glad you liked the video.

Far as the Ioun stone, I have a lvl 30 one and posted my stats above. I went for my 25%arp cap, and put the rest into Power. I dont have any experience with the Scoundrel build so cant really offer any comments on that. However, in all honestly I dont much see the point in going too crazy with Deflect in a PvE aspect. A little is good, but I feel its more important for PvP as you are generally always "tanking" something so to speak.

I havent seen you in a pvp match in a long time, you still playing your TR?
    edited September 2013
    I wanted to post this because I am proud of it. This is my personal best score so far in a solo Q pug match. We lost, but as you can see my teammates were ....well..you know. I think I could have gotten to 60+ kills if they gave me a hand capping points, I tried to get them to help but I'm not one to push playstyle on anyone, I'm sure they were havin fun so I'm not about to wreck that win or lose =)

GameClient2013-09-1521-43-25-921_zpsce2ea62e.jpg
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thx Banelorne, glad you liked the video.

Far as the Ioun stone, I have a lvl 30 one and posted my stats above. I went for my 25%arp cap, and put the rest into Power. I dont have any experience with the Scoundrel build so cant really offer any comments on that. However, in all honestly I dont much see the point in going too crazy with Deflect in a PvE aspect. A little is good, but I feel its more important for PvP as you are generally always "tanking" something so to speak.

I havent seen you in a pvp match in a long time, you still playing your TR?

Hey, man. I actually haven't been playing on Banelorne for quite some time now because of all the testing I've been doing for another character. Currently playing another TR under the character name of Lorne Fellbane and have had the chance to go up against you in some PVP matches lately. And of course most of the time the matches don't end well for me. :p Once you slot Path of the Blades and use it, I'm effectively locked down from contesting points for 10 seconds and have to slot Tenacious Concealment in the middle of the fight.

It gives me a tough time, but every match against a skilled player is always a great experience and challenge. I'll give you a shout out when we get into a match together again, man. I'll be seeing you around!

PS. That win is gorgeous. It would have been awesome if there was a vid of it.
  • mkjnsmkjns Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I tried to get them to help but I'm not one to push playstyle on anyone, I'm sure they were havin fun so I'm not about to wreck that win or lose =)

It's that comment alone that earned my respect. cheers!
    edited September 2013
    Hey, man. I actually haven't been playing on Banelorne for quite some time now because of all the testing I've been doing for another character. Currently playing another TR under the character name of Lorne Fellbane and have had the chance to go up against you in some PVP matches lately. And of course most of the time the matches don't end well for me. :p Once you slot Path of the Blades and use it, I'm effectively locked down from contesting points for 10 seconds and have to slot Tenacious Concealment in the middle of the fight.

It gives me a tough time, but every match against a skilled player is always a great experience and challenge. I'll give you a shout out when we get into a match together again, man. I'll be seeing you around!

PS. That win is gorgeous. It would have been awesome if there was a vid of it.

Ahh ok ok! Yah I absolutely remember the name Lorne! Dealing with Perma's I usually don't even slot PoB because most are bad and reveal themselves. I am forced to use PoB and ItC when fighting good permas though and I hate it, I hate those abilities, they aren't fun at all for me.

mkjns: Thx bud!
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ahh ok ok! Yah I absolutely remember the name Lorne! Dealing with Perma's I usually don't even slot PoB because most are bad and reveal themselves. I am forced to use PoB and ItC when fighting good permas though and I hate it, I hate those abilities, they aren't fun at all for me.

mkjns: Thx bud!
    I agree with ITC, but for me I wish Impact Shot was a little more trash because I can't stand that skill. I will use it if I need to, but I actually prefer POB.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice to see you actually take the not so apparent advantage of the mobility DF has :)
    Most people keep instisting it's hard to hit, when it's just they have learned to play with "auto aim" Sly Flourish.
    edited September 2013
    metaplexus wrote: »
    Nice to see you actually take the not so apparent advantage of the mobility DF has :)
    Most people keep instisting it's hard to hit, when it's just they have learned to play with "auto aim" Sly Flourish.

Thanks!

I'm no where near perfect with it. I miss quite a bit, but adjust fire so to speak.

I never slot Sly Flourish, because of my playstyle DF is very brutal when I do eventually land it.

I'm noticing more TR's in PvP using it lately and think its great. It just takes practice
  • vaethosvaethos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am getting ready to roll up a TR. I am curious what build/spec you are using. I am going to use the TR almost purely for PvP.

Much Appreciated
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I am Meh on Duelist's...

It has it's uses in specific matches.... so I find myself rotating between the two.
    edited September 2013
    vaethos wrote: »
    I am getting ready to roll up a TR. I am curious what build/spec you are using. I am going to use the TR almost purely for PvP.

Much Appreciated

I'm assuming the build I use is somewhere on the sticky page. I never look at them, I generally put points into what I feel would best suite my playstyle. I guess you would say its just a PvE focused Executioner build. I'll post it later if I get some time, or you can pm me in game Alysin Chains@munkey81 Mindflayer.

@herk. Yah I hear ya, I used to use Flourish but soon as a better TR then me gave me some schooling on DF, I haven't went back to it. Situational definitely, but we can turn most Situations into our benefit.