test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Midsummer Thank You!

chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
brickpig.jpg

I personally had a good time and more then a few good laughs. I purchased 3 blue water balloons and starting a small mount washing business in the enclave.

"Bricks house of SUDz"

TY for some good laughs. Now I am only left wondering what you got planned for the winter.

Chewdog
Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS
Bojangles the Rat / NW-DHCBHZKIT
Flower Ninja / DW-DSKWY24OE
:p I make comedy foundrys :p
Post edited by chewdog888 on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And you also got a Foundry idea out of it. :p
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah like a dwarf ever washed anything !

But the worg mount is awsume epic ORC mount ! Along with my Orc hunting dog , all us Orcs need now is a blood dripping polearm . Yes add one for holloween event and make all us Orcs happy !!!!!!!!
  • baleriondrogonbaleriondrogon Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    A dwarf on a PiG! Genius!
    " I don't know half of you as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve." -J.R.R. Tolkien
    hzcMHai.gif0SwPbeK.gif
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Midsummer Festival was a great deal of fun. It's difficult to watch either of the pig mounts hop around, doing that supremely METAL pig thrash-mosh dance, and not laugh! I felt a little bad about violently disrupting the flower-power kobold Woodstock, though. Perhaps next time I could wander around with a modified lute, aiding their recreation with some select Peter Frampton tuneage? :P

Thanks for the great event, Neverwinter developer peeps. Can't wait to see what winter has in store!
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013
    A dwarf on a PiG! Genius!

Ever try to use the walk function with your pig? It makes the pig look like he is moving in slow motion.

Type /walk 1 = walking like a boss
    Type /walk 0 = turn off walking like a boss

I walk like a boss everywhere I go.
    Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chewdog888 wrote: »
    brickpig.jpg

Now I am only left wondering what you got planned for the winter.

Chewdog

We have both Halloween and Christmas/New year very soon , I'm hoping that the same amount of care is going into both of those events , I guess they could even reuse the Midsummer festival map and make it the generic event map , just decorated in different ways with different NPC's and different monsters and events .

For both Halloween and Christmas they could even have some type of World boss type enemy that spawns on the event map every few hours , like a giant Jack 'o Lantern or a Giant spellplagued Santa lol , everybody who takes part in killing it gets a reward mailed to them with the top 5 or 10 dps/healers getting some kind of special reward mailed , fair enough it would be a zerg fest but it could potentially be quite fun.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    For both Halloween and Christmas they could even have some type of World boss type enemy that spawns on the event map every few hours , like a giant Jack 'o Lantern or a Giant spellplagued Santa lol , everybody who takes part in killing it gets a reward mailed to them with the top 5 or 10 dps/healers getting some kind of special reward mailed , fair enough it would be a zerg fest but it could potentially be quite fun.

Nooooooo.

That sounds much to much like old Tacofangs or Clarence the mecha teddy. Id like to hope that after all this time. Cryptic can do a little better then giant sacks of hitpoints mobbed by the entire zone in a race to see who has the biggest DPS epeen.

Besides, if I have to hear "My name is Clarence, and I don't think I like you very much!" one more time. I might be driven to do something horrible to kittens.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here's what I'd like to see for Halloween:

So there's a little side quest in Neverdeath Graveyard, where you find a lich's soul jar. You never seem him directly, but his voice overs are quite funny. The end of that quest has you turning the soul jar over to the head Doomguide, but the whole thing rings like the lich manipulated you into doing so, as the Doomguide says they're just going to store it in some special vault.

What if that was exactly what the lich wanted all along, and now he has access to all the powerful artifacts that the Doomguides have been storing there for ages? Now you find this out, and the vault is basically like a haunted crypt now, and the lich has some fun w/ you while you're trying to defeat him once and for all?

The event could be held in its own mini zone, which is supposed to be some other section of Neverdeath, where the Doomguide vault is located. There could be some mini-events in that area, like a field where the lich has animated the pumpkins, or another field where he brought scarecrows to life, etc...

This whole thing could happen because the acolytes of Kelemvor were holding a celebration on the vault grounds, and with fewer guards inside, the lich took advantage of the situation ot spring his trap...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    One thing i thought that nobody thought of was why MID summer fest. At the end of summer? Didnt anyone think that was strange? Are we going to have Halloween fest at xmas and then Xmas in the spring?
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Nooooooo.

That sounds much to much like old Tacofangs or Clarence the mecha teddy. Id like to hope that after all this time. Cryptic can do a little better then giant sacks of hitpoints mobbed by the entire zone in a race to see who has the biggest DPS epeen.

Besides, if I have to hear "My name is Clarence, and I don't think I like you very much!" one more time. I might be driven to do something horrible to kittens.

They actually did that when the game officially came out of beta. There were several spots in Protectors Enclave, and at timed intervals, Valindra would spawn minions at three of them. It was okay, but there were problems at first with massive lag and high end players camping at the zones and wiping out everything as soon as it left the portal. They tweaked it a bit, and by the end, there was more then enough for everybody, even low leveled characters.

I'm also highly interested in those skirmish events that are supposed to be happening. Loved the orc event, can't wait to see more.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is the Mount Washing business open for applicants? :p

1236127_671912886154024_31685539_n.jpg

Stocked up on a whole lot of Squash Soup and other festival food items. I just wish I was able to get more Squash Soup.

1280482_671913329487313_2056203299_n.jpg

A big thank you to the devs for this fun event. There have been problems such as flower ninjas but in the end I believe everyone had their fair share of fun. The pigs are awesome and I'm thinking of investing 2.7m to get it to epic tier one day.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    They actually did that when the game officially came out of beta. There were several spots in Protectors Enclave, and at timed intervals, Valindra would spawn minions at three of them. It was okay, but there were problems at first with massive lag and high end players camping at the zones and wiping out everything as soon as it left the portal. They tweaked it a bit, and by the end, there was more then enough for everybody, even low leveled characters.

I'm also highly interested in those skirmish events that are supposed to be happening. Loved the orc event, can't wait to see more.

Naw, I was here for that. and that was nothing like Tacofangs or the deranged bear.

First off, in the Valindra event all you had to do was hit a mob. There were no extra rewards for finishing first or best as the as the poster I responded to commented on. In addition the mobs, even the big ones were still fairly small. More then a handful of people could murder one in seconds. The older CO events like Taco and Clarence had MILLIONS of health. It could take 20 to 30 people, 10 to 20 minutes to kill them.

While the events where fun, once. After a single day of doing them a half dozen times they got old REALLY quick. Id simply like to hope we can see something better, newer, id like to hope Cryptic has learned a few things since then.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can vouch for Takofanes and Clarence being a chore to fight. While they gave you *something* to do while they were up, if you came late or if you didn't do enough DPS, you got paltry rewards.

An event like the one that just passed not only provides a new area to explore and play, but it also reflects on the developers' dedication to reinvest in the game. A mob that just patrols an existing zone w/ some rewards attached just screams of lacking effort...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I liked the separate map aspect - dressing up PE is fine (and it looked great), the last one was on all maps & that was an improvement over the PE Valindra event - but the new map just made for a better experience all around. Whether you went mad pig farming, visited quickly or chose to ignore it, it was totally up to you how much it changed the way you played while the event was running.
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It was a funny event indeed. Herding animals was awesome and Henrietta needs to become a companion. Hey, you should have made her available for purchase with Petals. Once a day she could drop a gold feather, which we could sell for gold or AD.

Thank you for the good moments.
  • traznixtraznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would like to see an "Colect & Exchange" event ... for example, for Halloween, we collect pumpkins, and exchange at the great Jack'O'Lantern for Trick or Treat Candy. The candy should be like boxes, containing all sorts of items, provisions, enchancements, buff potions, etc. and maybe some AD bags, or Epic items. The pumpkins should drop from mobs and should be found on ground in dungeons and maps. 10 pumpkins = 1 candy box.

As for a winter event, we could collect different color thread, and craft (via professions) socks, that act as boxes with different rewards. The socks should drop multiple items, like enchancements and so on, just like the boxes you can get from leadership crafting, based on the rarity, white, green, blue, purple, and the thread should drop the same, white (most common), green (common), blue (rare), purple (epic). Together with the normal drops should be some themed drops as well, a raindeer mount, a snowman/santa pet, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    IIRC, the festival originally happened on preview mid-summer as its name. I don't think we'll be seeing Halloween in December or something. (Cryptic don't make me a fool ._.) I think they didn't release the festival with module one because either they had some things to work out, or maybe they didn't want to introduce too much at once; letting us get a head start on exploring Sharandar before giving us a distraction like an event. Don't know, I don't work for them, I'm not on their planning committee. :)

Anyhow, I am excited for what they have next. I hope to see new special features with it (no pressure!) as I did have some disappointment where the water balloons weren't what I thought they'd be. I was expecting a system-imposed mini game centered around running / dodging / throwing them. Instead, you got hit with one and had a splash animation that your character doesn't even react to............aaaaaaaaand that's it. Potential lost for me. Fun was still had though (a little imagination and RP;) ), it was by no means something to cry to mommy about.

You know, probably could have fashioned it into an all-levels pvp-of-sorts. Rough idea and it's probably stupid but, it's just an idea and it can be built upon:
    Score based on how many times you land a hit with (or get hit by) a water balloon.
    Water balloon automatically provided and will be the only thing usable during match.
    Stats won't matter (thus all levels), encounters won't matter (thus all levels), etc.
    Make sure water balloon has a decent but not overwhelming recharge, so it can be a constant but not spammy play action.
    Litter map with things to hide behind and make the map interesting (for instance: mid summer festival's "arena" could be a corn maze), making you have to go seek out other players and have a chance to lose them. You could elevate this further maybe by instead of making it team vs team, have the party that queues (if we use queue system) be split across the map so they have to "fight" each other. 5 people (4 corners and middle!) for 10 minutes or so smacking each other with water.
    Rewards consistent with other activities... so it's another "farming" option that will be more interesting than hovering over a pile of flowers.

*shrugs* It's a rough idea but... I think it could work.

ANYHOW!

I agree that the map should just be reused and redecorated. I adored the rustic countryside look of it, but the NPC's were my favorite part of the environment I think. Can't wait to see it covered in snow! Or even fogged up and spooky.

I saved 5 gold and got my lowbie char a boar mount, collected 3 pigs and the shirt. Pig/Boar riding animation made me laugh since... I don't know about you guys... but it reminded me of part of the dance for Oppa Gangnam Style. Got some laughs when I showed it to folks.
  • sigregsigreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited September 2013
    Best part of this event ? for me a humour ! :D

"Dont forget about corn !... slayer of the dragons" - thats my favourite hehe

Or jokes of this drunk guard near firepit !this event was one from best things i have seen in multiplayer game for long time.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks to the team for this event - I had fun and if I'd have been a little more organised than could have made more rewards from it. But meh, it was fun and different and my ladies all got a darn nice frock - my drow even has Moon Shadow dye effect on hers, very nice. Well worth the AD spent on that. Devoted Cleric's and Control Wizard's dyes also used for 2 others - gave me the opportunity to give the peasant garb the heave ho and dress-up. A seldom chance to RP and well welcomed.

A good example of what you can do with this game, and the added roleplaying brought in by players enhanced it (didn't think of dyeing the gear until I saw someone using the Lliira dyepack).

I liked the water fight idea from faereni above, nice idea dude!

My favourite quote?? The guards speech bubble saying "Stop! In the name of love!" - absolute comedy lol moment the second I first saw that!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Naw, I was here for that. and that was nothing like Tacofangs or the deranged bear.

First off, in the Valindra event all you had to do was hit a mob. There were no extra rewards for finishing first or best as the as the poster I responded to commented on. In addition the mobs, even the big ones were still fairly small. More then a handful of people could murder one in seconds. The older CO events like Taco and Clarence had MILLIONS of health. It could take 20 to 30 people, 10 to 20 minutes to kill them.

While the events where fun, once. After a single day of doing them a half dozen times they got old REALLY quick. Id simply like to hope we can see something better, newer, id like to hope Cryptic has learned a few things since then.

Ahhh right , I had no idea that they had already tried the world boss thing in another similar game , I used to play a game called Grand Fantasia and every night one world boss would spawn on a different map each night and there would be a Admin world announcement that the spawn was imminent and while it was a total zerg fest it was quite fun but in that game each night was a different boss that gave the chance at different decent loot for top dps / healers , that's more along the lines of what I was thinking
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The place is called Neverwinter. For several miles north and south of the river that splits the city in half, the infamous Sword Coast North winter NEVER COMES. It might rain, but it does not snow in the city. The coldest months of the year are similar to temperate zone mid-autumn at worst..so think about it. Maybe the Midsummer Festival actually did occur more or less at the center of the nine months out of the year that Neverwinter experiences summery weather!
  • chewdog888chewdog888 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013
    Is the Mount Washing business open for applicants? :p

1236127_671912886154024_31685539_n.jpg

Stocked up on a whole lot of Squash Soup and other festival food items. I just wish I was able to get more Squash Soup.

1280482_671913329487313_2056203299_n.jpg

A big thank you to the devs for this fun event. There have been problems such as flower ninjas but in the end I believe everyone had their fair share of fun. The pigs are awesome and I'm thinking of investing 2.7m to get it to epic tier one day.

Wow that is some collection of squash soup. Your going to have squash breath for months HA!

quite an awesome collection you have. I made over 30+ hero's feast and tons of fireworks.
    Gold Spam / NW-DN9QMNKZS