test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Charge Rewards

feonixofeonixo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think charge rewards need to be given to those of us who have been buying Zen since the beginning. Some of us have spent well over 6000 all up, and there have never been any rewards. I realise you are trying to get more people to buy Zen at this moment, because maybe people who have been able to buy it in the past have stopped.. this won't bring them back. Don't forget about those who spent their hard earned cash in your game from the start. :(
Post edited by feonixo on

Comments

• Options
    cr8t0rcr8t0r Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still Overpriced... the mounts already cost 30$ which is stupid imo... and the keys are dumb as well, everytime I get a locked box I sell it thats all its good for. Maybe PW should learn from Sony/Planetside2 with 10$ you can buy a **** tone of stuff.
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    LOL I spent $30 today and didn't get any rewards because they came out with this 20min later

The rewards are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anways so I don't care. Im not buying any more keys. The value just isn't there these new lockboxes suck. I did the math if I spent $200 I wouldn't even have enough AD for a perfect vorpal enchant. I would still be millions short. There is simply no bang for you buck in this game at all.
    For that price u can buy a new game system or a new graphics card but in this game it doesn't even get you an enchant.

Opening the lockboxes are simply not worth it. They keep giving enchantment and runestone lockboxes which arnt worth much if u open and sell them. runestones are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... no1 cares to spend big $$ on companion stats. and the regular enchant boxes.... well thanks for the lvl 5 enchant that's worth 10 times less than the key itself ><, Its either lvl 7/blue ward or bust

They have this new shimmering elven box that gives a crappy worthless runestone as one of the 3 possible reward options. again, no1 cares about runestones they are worth very very little. illefarn Relic fragments are worth less than half of the key it cost to get it

The only value is in
    1) the mount (unlikely to get)
    2) aranea (unlikely to get)
    3) weaponsmith pack (which they don't give out enough of)
    4) planar idols

WHERES THE VALUE

If you want me to buy more zen then give me AD I don't care about the stupid masks
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    feonixo wrote: »
    I think charge rewards need to be given to those of us who have been buying Zen since the beginning. Some of us have spent well over 6000 all up, and there have never been any rewards. I realise you are trying to get more people to buy Zen at this moment, because maybe people who have been able to buy it in the past have stopped.. this won't bring them back. Don't forget about those who spent their hard earned cash in your game from the start. :(

I posted about this earlier and got the typical "get-over-it" lame responses from the usual types of people who seem willing to forgive any amount of idiocy from the folks running this aspect of the game. Too many people seem enamored with the gameplay to the point where they will forgive anything, probably because they lack the vision to see the long-term consequences of the gross mismanagement from the marketing/public relations group overseeing operations.
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    LOL I spent $30 today and didn't get any rewards because they came out with this 20min later

The rewards are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anways so I don't care. Im not buying any more keys. The value just isn't there these new lockboxes suck. I did the math if I spent $200 I wouldn't even have enough AD for a perfect vorpal enchant. I would still be millions short. There is simply no bang for you buck in this game at all.
    For that price u can buy a new game system or a new graphics card but in this game it doesn't even get you an enchant.

Opening the lockboxes are simply not worth it. They keep giving enchantment and runestone lockboxes which arnt worth much if u open and sell them. runestones are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... no1 cares to spend big $$ on companion stats. and the regular enchant boxes.... well thanks for the lvl 5 enchant that's worth 10 times less than the key itself ><, Its either lvl 7/blue ward or bust

They have this new shimmering elven box that gives a crappy worthless runestone as one of the 3 possible reward options. again, no1 cares about runestones they are worth very very little. illefarn Relic fragments are worth less than half of the key it cost to get it

The only value is in
    1) the mount (unlikely to get)
    2) aranea (unlikely to get)
    3) weaponsmith pack (which they don't give out enough of)
    4) planar idols

WHERES THE VALUE

If you want me to buy more zen then give me AD I don't care about the stupid masks

+1 There is no value.
    Worked this out after open 50 lock boxes (at once mind you). You spend $50 only to get like $10 value worth back in the LONG run. In the short run, you could break-even at best and at worse probably $5.... good trade :D

I decided to open nightmare boxes again cause they were better value the return is like 50%. You lose out, but its a little fun to gamble and stimulate the economy with some Plaguefire/Tenebrous/Professional assets.

ONLY R6+ should drop from the "coffers" from the lockboxes. Give us more bang for our buck and we will stimulate this stale economy....
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    <-- spent money.... and IF I spend again, it will not be for these pitiful rewards....Green companion that is a useless striker and will cost over a million AD to upgrade to a useless purple striker (it DOES have knock back though), a slow green mount that if it were blue/purple and 110 speed and good account-wide I would actually want, but there is NO way I am spending all that AD to upgrade..... and a mask that I already have and cannot even be transmuted and needs to stay in your fashion tab. Woooo Hoooo lets jump through loops now!!

**edit** I understand this is ABOVE and BEYOND what you buy with the zen and essentially "free".... but seriously.... how about a little love for REAL...

Yes, pitiful attempt at trying to entice regulary zen buyers who have stopped. I stopped 1 month ago but use to buy like $50 a week. Hope you are listening PWE. I will never spend another cent on this game unless you give me some real incentive. Maybe a "dragon" pet.... now that would be something. For purchase with 3000Zen you say? Sure i'd rather do that cause I have over 20k zen in my bank doing nothing lol lol... good effort trying to entice people like myself to buy zen... maybe use a diamond instead of a rotten apple.
  • Options
    abzerothabzeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    There was no incentive in the past and people bought Zen. People are STILL buying dat Zen without real incentive. I think we'll see incentives only when the amount of people buying Zen drops.

That's why I was a full F2P player. It's doable but you got no glamour or hopes of getting good stuff unless you GRIND for hours, which is osmething I won't do.
  • Options
    lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They really must not read the forum, or they would have realized their timing stinks as well as the pricing.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Its funny this rewards program comes out just as the population is in decline also. And the rewards wont get me to spend a dime either. They are pretty much useless, the rewards i mean. They have seen a drop in the sales at the zen store and this is an attempt to get people buying more. This game needs a major overhull to bring players back and have them want to spend cash.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    drbaals wrote: »
    Its funny this rewards program comes out just as the population is in decline also. And the rewards wont get me to spend a dime either. They are pretty much useless, the rewards i mean. They have seen a drop in the sales at the zen store and this is an attempt to get people buying more. This game needs a major overhull to bring players back and have them want to spend cash.

Yes and yes! I'm glad more people are seeing how shady Cryptic's business model is. They continue to come out with overpriced, underspeced content for sale, yet fail to fix simple bugs. Vote with your wallet.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Is this how you interpret any sale or incentive program that a business runs?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yes and yes! I'm glad more people are seeing how shady Cryptic's business model is. They continue to come out with overpriced, underspeced content for sale, yet fail to fix simple bugs. Vote with your wallet.

People already have voted with thier wallets thats why they are doing this So called rewards thing.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Is this how you interpret any sale or incentive program that a business runs?

I also start to wonder how he derive at the drop in sales in the zen store...
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yah, spent my fair share too on this bugger.. they killed me with the stalwarts change. A creepy push like this though, with more items that have no functionality. Makes it all the easier to lock the wallet away.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's not going to get me to spend any more.

But there was that thread a couple weeks ago from a guy asking for something like this, so..... /shrug

(As for "but I just bought zen yesterday" stuff..... yeah, welcome to life. Buy a computer, new models come out next week. Buy a TV? They're going on sale soon. Buy your groceries? The coupon's in tomorrow's newspaper flyers. Just the way it is.)
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    (As for "but I just bought zen yesterday" stuff..... yeah, welcome to life. Buy a computer, new models come out next week. Buy a TV? They're going on sale soon. Buy your groceries? The coupon's in tomorrow's newspaper flyers. Just the way it is.)

Actually if something you bought goes on sale a day or week after your purchase date most stores will honor it and give you cash back as long as you provide a receipt. Have done it several times;)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually if something you bought goes on sale a day or week after your purchase date most stores will honor it and give you cash back as long as you provide a receipt. Have done it several times;)

But if the sale was "spend X get Y bonus item", then it's less likely. Your analogy would be more appropriately applied to people who bought items from the Zen store right before they lowered the prices...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone who spent money on zen in the past got exactly what they paid for. I've easily spent 60 dollars on Zen recently (and I've bought all of the packs) and I'm not complaining that I'm not getting something special now. This is a limited time thing. That's how sales work. And most stores will not honor a sale retroactively. Some do, yes, but no where near all or even most of them. My spouse bought a brand new ipad, the biggest disk size/newest model they had at the time, and a week later a new one is suddenly available, with the model he paid for on sale - and he wasn't entitled to anything.

And neither is anyone here. You got exactly what you paid for when you bought zen, and now that they're running a special and other people buying now are getting something additional you're going "No fair!". You paid for zen. Period. And that's exactly what you got. If that wasn't enough for you, maybe you shouldn't have bought it.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    But if the sale was "spend X get Y bonus item", then it's less likely.

Also a very good point.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone who spent money on zen in the past got exactly what they paid for. I've easily spent 60 dollars on Zen recently (and I've bought all of the packs) and I'm not complaining that I'm not getting something special now. This is a limited time thing. That's how sales work. And most stores will not honor a sale retroactively. Some do, yes, but no where near all or even most of them. My spouse bought a brand new ipad, the biggest disk size/newest model they had at the time, and a week later a new one is suddenly available, with the model he paid for on sale - and he wasn't entitled to anything.

And neither is anyone here. You got exactly what you paid for when you bought zen, and now that they're running a special and other people buying now are getting something additional you're going "No fair!". You paid for zen. Period. And that's exactly what you got. If that wasn't enough for you, maybe you shouldn't have bought it.

Do you work for PWE? If not, you should consider applying. I think you have exactly what they're looking for.

Most retailers will tell you in advance when sales are coming up, usually several days. Apparently, this very common practice slipped your mind when you came up with your too-bad-so-sad analysis. At least you didn't quote the TOS, lol. I'll grant you that much!
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do you work for PWE? If not, you should consider applying. I think you have exactly what they're looking for.

Most retailers will tell you in advance when sales are coming up, usually several days. Apparently, this very common practice slipped your mind when you came up with your too-bad-so-sad analysis. At least you didn't quote the TOS, lol. I'll grant you that much!

Internet sales aren't generally announced in advance - I usually get emails about them as soon as they start, not the day/week before. This is a virtual item you are buying over the internet, it's not the same as getting a flyer for a upcoming sale on things in a store across town. It's not like you have to re-arrange your schedule to click a few buttons and have something delivered instantly.

I understand you're angry about missing out on the special, but seriously. You got exactly what you were expecting when you paid for it. This game is free. It costs a lot of money to run/develop a game like this, yet people keep throwing tantrums about stuff they don't even have to pay for.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Its a good idea but poor execution.

Instead of taking into account the zen bought trough PWE, it should count towards zen spent in the store. We spend X amount of zen in the store we get Y tiered rewards, similar to the loyalty system on rift or runescape.
    But currently there is only one item that is mass consumed and its the keys, anything else is vanity.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    My spouse bought a brand new ipad, the biggest disk size/newest model they had at the time, and a week later a new one is suddenly available, with the model he paid for on sale - and he wasn't entitled to anything.

And neither is anyone here.

True....but buying something like an ipad and having a new version come out a week later is just a problem of poor research. You could have easily found out that the new ipad would be released in a week. Retail item release dates and special sales events are very rarely a surprise. They are both usually highly advertised.

Every sale this company offers is a surprise and that is a sign of poor customer relations. Why make someone feel cheated by surprise secret sales? Why would you want to alienate someone who just bought Zen? What is the sense in a tactic like that? What could it possibly harm to let people know about special offers in advance? Those who are not flush with cash will save up for the event and those who can buy Zen whenever they want will have no issue. I realize advance notice of some sales will effect the AD exchange, but who really cares? It effects the exchange the moment it is announced anyway (if it is a store purchased item).

IMO this offer was handled very poorly. This, more than any other offer, is an offer that advanced notice would have helped generate more sales. With advanced notice players could have bought their Zen when they had the money and then they could transfer it during the event. More people would have been able to participate because they would have a larger timeframe to come up with the money. Now, anyone who does not get paid during the next 5 days might have trouble participating. That is not a huge deal, but IF the ONLY reason they were interested in buying Zen was to participate in the event, you just lost a sale. Again, it is not a huge deal, but why would you ever want to lose a potential sale when you are in business to make money.

Angering your customers in any way is always a bad business practice, especially if it can easily be avoided.

Edit
    Internet sales aren't generally announced in advance - I usually get emails about them as soon as they start, not the day/week before.

I have never come across anything like this other than Newegg, and you always know in advance they are going to have the sale, you just don't know exactly what items will be on sale or the prices. A lot of the time they tell you anyway.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Read this well, devs. Some of us stick around because we love the game, but we're disappointed on you. Expensive profession assets were lost -we paid for those with real money- because of a bug that affected us for several days and nothing was done about it until the roar was too loud. Lucky exploiters on Nightmare Thursday: you don't fool us, we know why you didn't do the rollback. People banned for sharing the Reservoir, but it was your fault and carelessness it could be shared. New lockboxes are a pathetic joke. The 40 dollar unicorn, a slap in the face for Feywild Knights.

We're not stupid, devs.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Read this well, devs. Some of us stick around because we love the game, but we're disappointed on you. Expensive profession assets were lost -we paid for those with real money- because of a bug that affected us for several days and nothing was done about it until the roar was too loud. Lucky exploiters on Nightmare Thursday: you don't fool us, we know why you didn't do the rollback. People banned for sharing the Reservoir, but it was your fault and carelessness it could be shared. New lockboxes are a pathetic joke. The 40 dollar unicorn, a slap in the face for Feywild Knights.

We're not stupid, devs.

In a nutshell, if not a smidgin harsh. Players like or dont like this game for any number of reasons. Mine being lied to about a D&D game. I think for many the frustration lies in what it COULD be. The potential ceiling is high i think for this game. But the folks in charge see $ asap. Meh.... it doesnt have lasting value, players are putting there wallets away. One of the underlying, unspoken issues imo, is trying to cater to the wow gen and D&D crowd simultaneously. Each gets a little bit of what they want but only a little...
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Obviously the players who have already bought 6000 Zen since the opening of the game should be given a reward. What's this "charge reward" program? So, you've bought 20k Zen since you joined in May, no reason to buy any more coz' all your gear is BiS, and you get nothing. No reward for you. On the opposite, you buy your very first 6000 Zen now, and you get an OP companion, a mount, a forum title, a spider (devs here just love spiders), the moon and six pence.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    guys you never got into a china store and spend 2 dollars to get a glass vase for free?
    same thing,although it appears that if that vase is inexistant it's more expensive
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is that sun mask a fashion item or something i can use with my armor?

But yea, until they reduce the price of upgrading mounts/companions to half of what it currently is (like they did with transmuting). Then people would consider these things.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    Instead of taking into account the zen bought trough PWE, it should count towards zen spent in the store.

Never going to happen. Why? Because people can get zen via in-game means. (And yes - that zen is from other people who bought it. But that would give the "unfair" situation of Bob buying $50 worth of zen and exchanging it to Joe for AD.... which means that Joe gets the zen reward because he's the one who spends the zen in the shop. No, that's just flawed.)

vortix44 wrote: »
    Obviously the players who have already bought 6000 Zen since the opening of the game should be given a reward.

....why? This isn't "obvious" at all. This promotion (and others like it) are all about encouraging new zen purchases. Just like a one week "15% more zen!" sale doesn't apply to old purchasers, neither should this one.

And I say this as someone who's bought Zen previously.

is that sun mask a fashion item or something i can use with my armor?

Looks like an armor item, based on the screenshots. Which means it must be a transmute skin, like that crown. Huh, even less reason to get it (since it'll cost a good chunk of the 500 zen needed to get it, to transmute your current helm with it. Or more, since it's an account-wide item.)
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    If you were going to spend the money anyway, the Charge Rewards are a great something-for-not-quite-nothing. If you weren't, this isn't an enticement as the 'rewards' seem quite pitiful.

Right idea poorly executed.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    feonixofeonixo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Looks like an armor item, based on the screenshots. Which means it must be a transmute skin, like that crown. Huh, even less reason to get it (since it'll cost a good chunk of the 500 zen needed to get it, to transmute your current helm with it. Or more, since it's an account-wide item.)

It is a fashion Item. It was free from a promotion during the beta.