test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues ? must be nerfed

garsenspaniusgarsenspanius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello dear community,

Will be there an patch that nerf those Rogues in the future ?
It's likely impossible to play Domination PvP event at all, 90% of players there are Rogues since the people understand that this class is dominating in PvP

* Infinity Stealth ( hits your enemy and continue stealth as well :cool:)
* Easy boost to 90% chance crt, and crt over <30,000 dmg :cool:
* Magic Immune for all day long
* Instant Skills
* Silence :cool:
P.s.

(This is not pubstomp Domination PvP thread:p)
(This thread i's not about me, it's about Rogues in General,)
(The comments like L2P and trying to annoy other posters with tutorial links, are not acceptable)

subj
Post edited by garsenspanius on

Comments

• herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hello dear community,

It's likely impossible to play Domination PvP event at all, 90% of players there are Rogues since the people understand that this class is dominating in PvP

* Dodge

* 90 % of players are not Rogues because pvp matches only accept 2 per team unless premade. Your statement is an outright lie and propaganda.

* No such thing as Infinity Stealth ... Or a successful Permastealth, because a rogue has to sacrifice HP and Damage to achieve Perma stealth, in where he becomes VERY Squishy. learn to use AoE attacks and learn to look at your character and see which way daggers come from. Plus since his damage is low. His daggers are like mosquito bites.

* Pics / Video or it didnt happen. Rogues have 1 ability that does alot of damage to Soft classes. Classes that have AOE abilities to counter a stealth rogue sneaking up on them. The problem here lies between keyboard and chair.

* Since you speak on Magic your obviously a CW... Learn to use Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement to go through rogue Impossible to Catch.

* Every class can dodge, so can you...

* Silence ? Oh I wish we had a power like that, but if you mean smoke bomb..you get skills like that too, please learn to play before opening your .... well let's just say ...Mouth.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The problem is not that stealthing and one-shotting trs need a nerf, or perma-immune gwfs, or perma-kicking-and-blocking gfs or perma-ccing cws BUT that they need to separate PVP from PVE. When you run a dungeon where the trashiest mob has hundred thousands of hitpoints you need classes with high spike damage and CC abilities. But when it comes to PVP you normally don't need classes that stealth all the time and you get one-shotted permanently. That drives people mad and removes all the fun in playing.

Other games solve this problem by changes stats, items, abilities, immunities etc. for PVP. And that can be done by tweaking quite easily. Example: The ability of the rogue that always crit while stealthed - remove this feature for PVP. Another example: Give everyone PVP immunities. When someone kicks me away an immunity should pop for me that makes it impossible that I am kicked around for another 7 seconds. This way I would have a chance to react. Same for any other CC in the game. Also you could change every gear and mirror its abilities so you have PVE values AND PVP values. A crit stat might work great on PVE mob, but in PVP you might want to reduce the value a lot. Also enchants. Instead of using the same values for Vorpals you could just reduce their effectness by 80% once hitting a player controlloed character. Or you could change abilities completely. Say Determination for GWFs won't give you CC immunity while playing PVP etc.

Nerfing a class in the current state wouldn't help a lot. Just would mean that killing trash mobs in any dungeon would take even longer and would become even more boring than it is today.
    edited September 2013
    After tracking what server you was on and finding your character information.

The problem is not Rogues...

The problem is you...

Your gear is not good, low grade, your character is not well built... and obviously it is a learn to play issue, I am sorry to inform..

The rings you are wearing are level 32 recommended and you are 60.

image.jpg
  • garsenspaniusgarsenspanius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »

Be nice,
    This is not pubstomp thread
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After tracking what server you was on and finding your character information.

The problem is not Rogues...

The problem is you...

Your gear is not good, low grade, your character is not well built... and obviously it is a learn to play issue, I am sorry to inform..

The rings you are wearing are level 32 recommended and you are 60.

image.jpg

The definition of being owned....lol
  • ggyuggyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    * 90 % of players are not Rogues because pvp matches only accept 2 per team unless premade. Your statement is an outright lie and propaganda.

* No such thing as Infinity Stealth ... Or a successful Permastealth, because a rogue has to sacrifice HP and Damage to achieve Perma stealth, in where he becomes VERY Squishy. learn to use AoE attacks and learn to look at your character and see which way daggers come from. Plus since his damage is low. His daggers are like mosquito bites.

* Pics / Video or it didnt happen. Rogues have 1 ability that does alot of damage to Soft classes. Classes that have AOE abilities to counter a stealth rogue sneaking up on them. The problem here lies between keyboard and chair.

* Since you speak on Magic your obviously a CW... Learn to use Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement to go through rogue Impossible to Catch.

* Silence ? Oh I wish we had a power like that, but if you mean smoke bomb..you get skills like that too, please learn to play before opening your .... well let's just say ...Mouth.

Hmmm correct is pvp matches can get in more than 2 of same class ,i already had face team with 4 Tr lol
    KILLERDDDD
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't have problem with the class but with the people playing it.

Recently it's very annoying to hear from perma stealth TRs how they thinks they are the best PVP players and they can kill anybody and everybody sux.. Those people completely lack some kind of reality understanding..

Yep, permastealth , well equiped rogue is very good, but it's hardly a player that makes it, it's the build and the class that makes it good.

Any mid skilled player can play it well, and that's what sux.

Because then you have army of incopentent kids thinking they are the best PVP players in the world :D
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Be nice,

Be nice?
    Not a pubstomp thread?
    What did you expect was going to happen?

Be nice yourself.
    1. Stop spreading misinformation.
    2. Get better gear.
    3. Check the forums for similar threads and see what happens to them.
    4. Study the other classes, study your class, and learn to play. <- I apologize because its overused but valid when it comes to this thread.
    5. Read my signature.

CWs can be one of the most powerful classes in PVP if they are geared properly and played by a skilled player. I have a CW myself and it can handle rogues easily. Any class can be OP if it is geared properly and played by a skilled player. Any good player knows how to deal with rogues that are stealthed. The easiest way is AOE attacks and it is even possible for another rogue to do AOE attacks to deal with them. Follow the trajectory of the daggers if the rogue is using COS, set off AOE, and kill it. When using my rogue I normally use smoke bomb and path of blades to deal with stealthed rogues. CWs have much better AOE attacks. Have a nice day.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello dear community,

* Dodge

Prime example of a player who clearly does not know how to play.
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    The problem is not that stealthing and one-shotting trs need a nerf, or perma-immune gwfs, or perma-kicking-and-blocking gfs or perma-ccing cws BUT that they need to separate PVP from PVE. When you run a dungeon where the trashiest mob has hundred thousands of hitpoints you need classes with high spike damage and CC abilities. But when it comes to PVP you normally don't need classes that stealth all the time and you get one-shotted permanently. That drives people mad and removes all the fun in playing.

Other games solve this problem by changes stats, items, abilities, immunities etc. for PVP. And that can be done by tweaking quite easily. Example: The ability of the rogue that always crit while stealthed - remove this feature for PVP. Another example: Give everyone PVP immunities. When someone kicks me away an immunity should pop for me that makes it impossible that I am kicked around for another 7 seconds. This way I would have a chance to react. Same for any other CC in the game. Also you could change every gear and mirror its abilities so you have PVE values AND PVP values. A crit stat might work great on PVE mob, but in PVP you might want to reduce the value a lot. Also enchants. Instead of using the same values for Vorpals you could just reduce their effectness by 80% once hitting a player controlloed character. Or you could change abilities completely. Say Determination for GWFs won't give you CC immunity while playing PVP etc.

Nerfing a class in the current state wouldn't help a lot. Just would mean that killing trash mobs in any dungeon would take even longer and would become even more boring than it is today.

Very valid especially when it comes to CWs who can one shot kill people with Ice Knife. Do I want CWs nerfed? No, because it would decrease the challenge of PVP which is fun.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    Be nice,

I'll be nice.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?487831-PvP-101-A-guide-to-help-you-enjoy-it-more<-PVP 101 Guide might help you and get better gear please.

edited September 2013
    ggyu wrote: »
    Hmmm correct is pvp matches can get in more than 2 of same class ,i already had face team with 4 Tr lol

Premade, I have done it before, 4 rogues 1 cleric.
    edited September 2013
    I need to little bit start defending the TR complainers. The perma stealth build is broken, it just dominates anybody 1on1..

Luckily this game is a team based game, so in a team it's not so markant. But it stays, the TR is best 1on1 and that's from where the people frustration is coming from.

Also to play it is really not the biggest challenge, and that's the second problem. The skill cap is really low in general , but for perma stealth TR? Even mid skilled player can play it well and that's why you have so many complains..

Flame on!
    edited September 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    I don't have problem with the class but with the people playing it.

Recently it's very annoying to hear from perma stealth TRs how they thinks they are the best PVP players and they can kill anybody and everybody sux.. Those people completely lack some kind of reality understanding..

Yep, permastealth , well equiped rogue is very good, but it's hardly a player that makes it, it's the build and the class that makes it good.

Any mid skilled player can play it well, and that's what sux.

Because then you have army of incopentent kids thinking they are the best PVP players in the world :D

I agree with the very first sentence.
    Permastealth only works when opening your wallet ( mommy's purse / daddy's trust fund ) and buying Tenebrous to maximize damage because the base damage from the permastealth build is VERY weak.

I actually chuckle at rogues who go the perma route without the Tenebrous to back it up because these are the players who was looking for Easy Mode without knowing the full scope of things that go behind it...

Then they get mad because you see them in Stealth ( follow, Control Lock, Tagging them with Mark or Icy before they go in ) and smash them so quickly they didn't have a chance to fill out a will for their next of kin.
    edited September 2013
    I need to little bit start defending the TR complainers. The perma stealth build is broken, it just dominates anybody 1on1..

Luckily this game is a team based game, so in a team it's not so markant. But it stays, the TR is best 1on1 and that's from where the people frustration is coming from.

Also to play it is really not the biggest challenge, and that's the second problem. The skill cap is really low in general , but for perma stealth TR? Even mid skilled player can play it well and that's why you have so many complains..

Flame on!

Mid level skilled players know how to detect and handle stealthed rogues. Please go read the permastealth thread and you will notice something obvious. A Permastealth TR dominates only when it stacks Greater Tenebrous enchantments. Permastealths are one of the weakest builds in PVP without Tenebrous enchantments. There are even pictures of Greater Tenebrous being stacked. So, please go study your opponent and learn its strength/weaknesses.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build <- note the usage of Greater Tenebrous.

edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Mid level skilled players know how to detect and handle stealthed rogues. Please go read the permastealth thread and you will notice something obvious. A Permastealth TR dominates only when it stacks Greater Tenebrous enchantments. Permastealths are one of the weakest builds in PVP without Tenebrous enchantments. There are even pictures of Greater Tenebrous being stacked. So, please go study your opponent and learn its strength/weaknesses.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build <- note the usage of Greater Tenebrous.

I know how to play lol :D, stop with those stupid L2P comments.

I am not saying nerf rogues, I just said it's the class with lowest skill cap and that I don't like majority of clueless players that plays the class and thinks they are the best PVPers :)

The rogues are really weak in a group fight but excel in 1on1s..

I have not said anything else, and I have not said anything that's not true..
    edited September 2013
    I am starting to believe that you are one of those people who thinks they are really good PVPers, and just don't like when people state it's the class not your skill.

Like again, the skill cap is so low that basically every mid skilled, and well equipd player can compete :D
    There is not much more you can do with skills as individual, everything then goes to how you "team play".
    edited September 2013
    I know how to play lol :D, stop with those stupid L2P comments.

I am not saying nerf rogues, I just said it's the class with lowest skill cap and that I don't like majority of clueless players that plays the class and thinks they are the best PVPers :)

The rogues are really weak in a group fight but excel in 1on1s..

I have not said anything else, and I have not said anything that's not true..
    Tenebrous is useless once the rogue is injured and a good player knows how to deal with stealthed rogues instead of complaining on here.
    I am starting to believe that you are one of those people who thinks they are really good PVPers, and just don't like when people state it's the class not your skill.

Like again, the skill cap is so low that basically every mid skilled, and well equipd player can compete :D
    There is not much more you can do with skills as individual, everything then goes to how you "team play".

^The reason you are having difficulty is because of your skills and not your class or the other classes. I do not use a cookie cutter permastealth build and I think its stupid to use one because of diminishing returns. Hurt the permastealth, easily done, and it does less damage. I use a build for PVP that stacks critical, power, and ARPEN.

I have made my points clear and its obviously a waste of time posting further because players refusing to simply learn. Let the pro nerf squad nerf TRs, CWs, GFs, and GWFs. There are so many threads for people wanting each class nerfed that its insane. I am against nerfs to all classes because it hurts PVE more than balances PVP.

Note: Herk412 you know what your are doing and you know your opponent. Good Job! (Being serious and not sarcastic because I honestly wish every player was like you.)

• anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Pretty much that :)
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »

so you need 7 seconds to react between knockbacks?
    edited September 2013
    so you need 7 seconds to react between knockbacks?

I think he was implying the over reliance on CC in PvP needs an Immunity cooldown, which in turn would get the CW's in here throwing a conniption fit
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just another L2P issue.

I know most of the good TRs on Mindflayer and if I'm in for a fight with my CW. The ones that really know how to play can be a hassle, but they're manageable. The trick is keeping your distance with dodges and Repel, then stun-lock/burst-damage them to Cania when their ITC fades. Doesn't always happen. I'd say I'm 50/50 with a well-geared, well-played TR in a 1v1 scenario.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Rogues are supposed to kill CWs in PvP. You have to work on surviving or avoiding their initial strike, stun locking them and killing them. Kiting like crazy and using your teleports wisely, anticipating their attacks, using Oppressive Force to knock them out of Stealth and not burning control powers when they're Impossible to Catch. Once they're naked, you should be able to take down an equally geared TR if you haven't take too much damage up to then.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
    edited September 2013
    I know Degraafination CW very...VERY well...you should listen to him and even ask him for tips... I hate his Icy Rays

=/
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hello dear community,

* Instant Skills
    P.s.

(This thread i's not about me, it's about Rogues in General,)
    (The comments like L2P and trying to annoy other posters with tutorial links, are not acceptable)

subj

yeah because rogues don't get nerfed every patch or anything... bad players will continue to complain about well geared rogues until they take away all 3 of their encounters.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know Degraafination CW very...VERY well...you should listen to him and even ask him for tips... I hate his Icy Rays

=/

Whaa---?! Yeah, I play a CW named Trace on Mindflayer. I guess it's not a secret but I don't like the undo attention. Anyway, I PVP a lot (according to my wife and my guildies), and have learned how to fight decently against TRs. We have some good ones on Mindflayer: Curse, Proxi, Shrugs, Donk, Alysin Chains, Isodorr, Dracnia, Vile, Click, Sicari (sp?)... it goes on. They have crazy damage and are excellent players. So you have to bring your A game.

My encouragement: Play, play, and play some more. Try out different powers. Get good gear (I'm F2P but have a pretty good set-up). Try out different specs. Ask other CWs and TRs about their characters. Play a TR to 60 so you get a feel for the class. Laugh a lot. Congratulate good players when they make a sly move against you. Get on Teamspeak if your guild has it. Heck, half the time we're talking about other things besides the game.

Most of all, know it's just a game. If you're not having fun, don't play. I PVP a lot because I find it the most fun and the most challenging.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited September 2013
    First of all i want to thank those, who really are in this thread discussion, who understand Rogues disbalance .

The point of this thread is to show people, that Rogues are dominating against all classes in this game with their invulnerable skills that makes their opponent totally useless/junk/treebranch/rock in 1 vs 1 battle (Even if you think that you are "god" in PvP)

About the distance, that people are discussing the most, we all know that Rogues have skill that Teleports them into your back, and you have only 10% surviving if there wont be a critical hit
    edited September 2013
    First of all i want to thank those, who really are in this thread discussion, who understand Rogues disbalance .

The point of this thread is to show people, that Rogues are dominating against all classes in this game with their invulnerable skills that makes their opponent totally useless/junk/treebranch/rock in 1 vs 1 battle (Even if you think that you are "god" in PvP)

Noone agreed with you
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One of the best counters a CW can do against a TR would be AoE's. CW's have a lot of em. Some dangerous ones that I like to evade are Time Steal, Shield (when popped), and most of all Ice Storm. Not only am I blown away with chill stacks, but I'm also sent prone in the process. Being from a country with terrible latency, I only get mostly a split second to react to these attacks and dodge them. Your opponent's latency can be your best friend. :p Another trick you can do against mostly all TR's in stealth would be to take advantage of Entangling Force's mechanic of needing a target before getting it to activate. TR's aren't invisible, they are just hidden from plain sight and can still be targeted. What you can do with Entangling Force is to spam it while moving around a place where you know the TR is there. Actively seek the TR, do not try to run away from them as TR's work good against running targets thanks to Speed Swindle. TR's will eventually get into melee range, so make sure you are the faster one in getting your encounters out.

I just saw Herk's screenshot of your gear. TR's may not be the only thing you'll be complaining about at this rate. :)
    edited September 2013
    One of the best counters a CW can do against a TR would be AoE's. CW's have a lot of em. Some dangerous ones that I like to evade are Time Steal, Shield (when popped), and most of all Ice Storm. Not only am I blown away with chill stacks, but I'm also sent prone in the process. Being from a country with terrible latency, I only get mostly a split second to react to these attacks and dodge them. Your opponent's latency can be your best friend. :p Another trick you can do against mostly all TR's in stealth would be to take advantage of Entangling Force's mechanic of needing a target before getting it to activate. TR's aren't invisible, they are just hidden from plain sight and can still be targeted. What you can do with Entangling Force is to spam it while moving around a place where you know the TR is there. Actively seek the TR, do not try to run away from them as TR's work good against running targets thanks to Speed Swindle. TR's will eventually get into melee range, so make sure you are the faster one in getting your encounters out.

I just saw Herk's screenshot of your gear. TR's may not be the only thing you'll be complaining about at this rate. :)

1. It is not my main character
    2. We didn't created this thread with any of other game classes, but only with Rogue classes
    3. Any mechanic will fail when you will meet 4 rogues in domination like Tornado clearing all from his way

Ps. hello to all mad rogs
This discussion has been closed.