test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When did the Tymora's Gift start giving just AD?

pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Got some Gift of Tymora and they all gave me 10k rough AD... Ok, pretty cool, as the price was lower, but when did this start and what was the reason?
Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
21.jpg
Post edited by pearofanguish on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm pretty sure that they always had a chance to give 10k AD , it was one of many possible rewards available in them, or do you mean that this is all they give now? This shows all the stuff that was dropping from them - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Tymora%27s_Gift

If you mean that the AD is the only reward that now drops from them I'd guess it is due to the event being over so they removed the chance to win the other items , if this is the case then I know that I'll be saving all mine until after the event next year so I can get a load of AD lol
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How many are we talking about here? If you bought 2-3 and they all gave AD, I'd say it's just coincidence. If you bought like 50 and they all gave AD... then I'd be convinced that something is up...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    Think I have opened more than 100 gifts. And yes, they are only giving 10k rough AD.
    21.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh? Oh my.

I still have more than 50 of these, because I was going to open them until I got a crown with each character as they hit 60 (to get better potions).

Edit:
    From the sounds of things, the loot table might be schmucked up like they did with the Nightmares, except there aren't so many of these boxes still in the wild, so to speak.

Soooo... is opening them with this knowledge lucky?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Oh? Oh my.

I still have more than 50 of these, because I was going to open them until I got a crown with each character as they hit 60 (to get better potions).

Edit:
    From the sounds of things, the loot table might be schmucked up like they did with the Nightmares, except there aren't so many of these boxes still in the wild, so to speak.

Soooo... is opening them with this knowledge lucky?

Umm, yeah. The only thing in the gift worth more than 10k AD is the Dragon Egg. If you have 50 of them, that's 500k. I'd say get to unwrapping.

And how does having a crown improve your pots exactly?
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There is luck and then there is "luck". Your choice.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    opened 10 last week.. no AD, no Eggs...
  • aerisodaerisod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If this is true, then we'd all better open up that shizz before they patch it!
    edited September 2013
    aerisod wrote: »
    If this is true, then we'd all better open up that shizz before they patch it!

the OP didnt say every box was giving AD..

whats more likely is the eggs were ninja nerfed from the loot table
  • pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    I did say that... To be clear I have opened a lot of boxes and every box gave me rough AD...I am on Mindflayer. But I see someone already posted they have opened recently and got other stuff... Easy to test.. if you have some, just open a couple, should give you a good idea right away. Like I said in the first post, was just wondering...
    21.jpg
    edited September 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    There is luck and then there is "luck". Your choice.

Yeah, well, that's the thing. I never intended to keep these forever. I would very likely have started unwrapping them tonight as my GWF was sitting at 59+ when I stopped playing last night. Though after a streak of probably 10 getting nothing but ADs, I'd have suspected something was up. I've only kept them so long because I wanted the highest level potion drops but didn't want to get multiple bound items on one character.

And I really don't much want to risk getting nailed for exploiting a bug.

Ignorance might have been bliss? (Except I really would have figured it was more than a fluke before long.)

Aha! I can check them out on Mimic!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• aerisodaerisod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bubba1966 wrote: »
    the OP didnt say every box was giving AD..

whats more likely is the eggs were ninja nerfed from the loot table

Think I have opened more than 100 gifts. And yes, they are only giving 10k rough AD.
    And yes, they are only giving 10k rough AD.
    they are only giving 10k rough AD.

I guess we have different opinions on what "only" means.
    edited September 2013
    I did say that... To be clear I have opened a lot of boxes and have only received rough AD...I am on Mindflayer. But I see someone already posted they have opened recently and got other stuff...

But, last week is not today. Patch could have broken it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2013
    just opened 3.

1.10k ad
    2. eldritch
    3. healing pot

beholder
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But, last week is not today. Patch could have broken it.

Considering the posting history and general level of "I hate this game" coming from the only poster questioning this. Id be highly dubious of any input offered.

Unless anyone else has anything more to offer, OP seems legit.
    edited September 2013
    aerisod wrote: »

I guess we have different opinions on what "only" means.

i guess so, because it certainly doesn't mean "every"
    edited September 2013
    I'm still checking Mimic before I touch a danged thing live.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2013
    heres my chat log for 3 boxes:

Joined channel "Zone".
    Joined channel "Trade".
    Joined channel "LookingForGroup".
    You received 10,000 Rough Astral Diamonds.
    You received 3 Eldritch Crystal.
    You received Major Tidespan Potion.
    You received 2 Potion of Major Healing.
    You have been marked as away from the keyboard (idle for too long).
    You are no longer marked as idle.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sooo their not only dropping 10k ad? Because I have like 220 boxes left and don't need anymore crowns, eggs or them crappy blue assets. lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited September 2013
    My Mimic test looks pretty close to the drop rates I was seeing before: mostly potions, some crafting materials, lvl 40 weapons, lvl 60 armor, a few eggs, a crown. Some ADs but not all that common.

Remains to be seen what happens with my GWF.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2013
    OK, guess it is some kind of bug (based on other folks getting normal drops). Thanks for the feedback everyone, greatly appreciated.
    21.jpg