test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why aren't the weaponsmithing and artificing achievements retroactive?

dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So the latest patch adds the achievements for the 2 new professions, but if you already leveled up the professions you are not awarded the achievements you earned. Why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    So the latest patch adds the achievements for the 2 new professions, but if you already leveled up the professions you are not awarded the achievements you earned. Why?

Excellent question, because its not like we can start over.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They might add that in later. Give it a few patches.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They might add that in later. Give it a few patches.

Given the low priority of achievement bug fixes, having it fixed in a few patches would be an amazing turn around.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try leveling up another profession. My Weaponsmithing was at 11, I leveled up my Leadership to 10 today, and got the achievements for my Weaponsmithing at the same time.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    Try leveling up another profession. My Weaponsmithing was at 11, I leveled up my Leadership to 10 today, and got the achievements for my Weaponsmithing at the same time.

That may not work in this particular case. I believe you are addressing the king of levelling professions. Might all be maxed out.

I expect they'll make a fix to have them applied retroactively. If it can be done for questing achievements and titles, surely it can be done for profession ones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I haven't maxed out weaponsmithing and artificing yet since I haven't been using any AD to level them. I guess I will see what happens when I level weaponsmithing in the next day or so.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As other people have said, once one of my professions leveled, I got the achievements.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So wait... I can level Weaponsmithing, and the Artificing achievements will kick in (I'm already lvl 20 in Artificing without achievements)? Really?
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    all i see in professions' crafting recipes, there were no upgrades for non-color tools, it seem it completely relied on random tool drops from packages, all i have been getting are the resources and no random tools or bag of gems as i mentioned in other posts.
    only time i get them are from few lockboxes on limited budget and come back in few weeks try for luck, that no good.

those common raws dont need to be on those local chests when we have gatherers and miners to harvest the raws.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Um, yes. You can level up any profession, and get any other profession achievement that you're missing. You just have to level it up to the point you'd get an achievement from THAT profession, like level 10.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW