test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF and melee dominance in PvP is sickening

2»

Comments

• Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I have a CW and a DC two of the classes that can be kicked around a good bit IF YOU CATCH THEM. :) One thing is you need to see these huge hunks of meat coming at you and react quickly. I know you can't always and trust me I end up airborne (and laughing as it is actually humorous) I feel like a football sometimes and say so vehemently to the dude punting me over the goal line.
    But it is all in good fun and trust me if I have a good team I do rarely get punted IF I HAVE A GOOD TEAM it all boils down to team work and brains . And yes gear (as in all games which is why people strive to get the gear)
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Oh and my motto instead of complaining if you cant' beat them join them, nothing is stopping you making a pvp GF or GWF, get some revenge.
  • Options
    lawlferatulawlferatu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nightgamez wrote: »
    Complete nonsense Cw looses in 1v1 to all but DC. Cw has needed a buff for a long time and I think it would be a great idea to make chill strike on a 3-5 second cooldown. They should be able to deal out major dmg because they can take none and they dont have stealth to hide or impossible to catch or massive deff and armor like a Gf and a Gwf.
    Gf ( I play this class as my main) has a 6 second cooldown on Lunging Strike witch is were it should be but look at the dmg I can take with my Hp and my Dmg resist. Cw should have a 3-5 second cooldown on their chill strike to balance out the fact that they can take no dmg. CC on a Cw is just no were near enough when TR's have Impossible to catch and stealth Gwf's have a 30-40% cc resist passive and Gf laugh at it. Stop nerfing and bring Cw up to were they should have been all along Glass Cannons that do mega dmg from range.

^ pretty much this.

All casters are absolute **** in this game, it's quite amazing how much you learn to play by playing any melee class.

The problem to begin with? who gives teleporting to a melee class that doesn't need it? and on top in such a way that can never end?

I mean, if everyone has teleporting (aka double tap) why don't we get higher damage mitigation, the CW is just a class with no thought put into it.

Then we have:

CW's with never ending chains of CC.
    TR's perma invis or something along those lines with, lol, range plus insane damage.
    Shield warriors which take 100 years to beat if they don't know how to play, else they can teleport into you as they block and beat you.
    Regen/CC immune warriors with sprint on top?

This game is a pvp mess, having no dueling speaks for itself, they haven't a clue on how to balance it.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Allways same things. Tr tell to the other class to learn to paly when they have a easy life. Gz, you are realy a pro player, remeber it when you will try doing something and the Dc will be gone forever. Use your maigty pro for kill fulminorax alone, after all, we only need to l2p
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Once again, another QQ thread because someone can't adapt, or has the gear.

Most CW's in the guild can lock down my TR/GWF with no issues. (As the TR, I have to use ITC to stand a chance against a CW, when I prefer POTB, and even then they no when to avoid me as immune pops up and just wait)

The only time one won't is when they aren't geared and I can use the time they aren't hurting me to get to them.

Sorry, but stun locked and dead in under 6 seconds and you have the cheek to pst a QQ thread about it being a melee game?

Your issues is like the idiots who go melee with my GWF when unstoppable is popped instead of kiting me, you run in and expect to kill stuff rather than staying at ranged moving about, you deserve it!

Oh and they don't have stealth to hide, or u stoppable as a CW, they have plenty of teleports more so than any other class.
    CW's= control not pure dps, yet you still have masses of Dps and the control to go with it.

Lol, seriously please, no pretty please, stick to pve!
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Allways same things. Tr tell to the other class to learn to paly when they have a easy life. Gz, you are realy a pro player, remeber it when you will try doing something and the Dc will be gone forever. Use your maigty pro for kill fulminorax alone, after all, we only need to l2p

ROFL!! If you bother reading the posts you will find it is not just TRs saying l2p.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Member Posts: 717 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    W8 a year or two, then u'll complain bout the opposite. Then I'll quote myself and laugh some more ;-p
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Basically, from most powerful to the weakest of the weak:

GF<-GWF(sentinel only)<-TR<-CW<-DC

Feel sorry for you casters.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Everyone is respecing as GF TR GWF. The game is degenerating into CC immune prone zerging with a few 2-shot TR kills tossed in for good measure. I was just in a PvP match with GF bouncing like rabits to ping DCs and CWs on bridge with their charges. They were actually airborne! It was comedic but really too much. Pretty awesome range damage for a melee tank. TRs are, as usual, doing their thing from stealth either with their overpowered impact shot range stun (why do they even have that?) or LA nonsense. There are still nearly impossible to kill GWF builds running around but after the damage nerf it is a more balanced build unless we stack Tenebs.

In this match I was one of the GWFs but I spent the whole match prone as GF after GF took turns charging me. Best defense with near infinite prone (best CC) and too much damage for GF is a disaster in PvP.

Not sure what the solution here is but the current PvP situation is GF > TR > GWF > gap > CW > DC. Whoever has the most GFs will win since each side almost always has two TRs. What a mess.

CC diminishing returns wont help because the GF kills you in so few skills. It would actually weaken the two caster classes. Taking CC from GF TR is probably part of the answer.

It figures that one Level 60 I don't have is a GF. Off to level him up and gear him out.

But yet, as a GF my biggest enemy - a good CW and a DC can just own the game. Face it, it's all pretty even if you get owned by a class your ****/no gear. Learn the tactics get some gear. It's the same for everyone. All we need is more maps and another class or two. Combat is excellent.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    have to say the pvp in this game is an afterthought. and it shows. bad on every level.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    There is a rock/paper/scissors element to this game.

For example, as a GWF, I *generally* don't fight GF's directly. I act like a bully, aiming at squishy rogues and cw's first, then gwf's (because , then healers. GF is my LAST target. It's better to let the CW's fight them, in my mind.

GF does cause a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for me. Knockdown and knockback, really. They can't generally kill me, but they can keep me from doing anything meaningful because I can't easily kill them. I'll generally either wait for reinforcements or run away.

That said, if a CW is closing with a GF or allowing a GF to close with them, it seems they are really doing something wrong.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    lol....xmachina:)

I am on dragon server....and I would love for someone to show me what I am doing wrong. I constantly hear about how BA my GF is ...and yet I have matches where I might get 2 kills or none? I don't feel I hit that hard....not compared to other classes. I sure as hell don't run around feeling tankish. I have posted similar before and been told to read the play guides....honestly I think its all about enchantments. Everyone has fought someone with good enchantments and all of a sudden the class is OP. I also have a CW.....on either class sometimes I clean up other matches I am everyones play toy.

I hear about GF and defense...doesn't do you any good when 2 ranged toons attack you and TR stabs you in back cause everyone knows you can't dodge or move fast...huge target on my forehead....hit here. I can do well sometimes, but its only if people let me get near them....before they stun lock me. Someone said its all about who gets CC on first.

My CW, lord help me if there is a TR......hey he is invisible..cant target him but I am on my toes looking for him...there is is...oh wait, immune....watch him face roll me cause he runs faster. I can tele away...but not for long before he catches me. Maybe instead he will just kill me from range...thats always fun.

Possible solutions....

Fine take away some of GF damage abilities...but for god sake actually make us be able to tank some damage. CW should hit like a ton of bricks but be squishy (already pretty squishy).....GWF (dont really know this class) ......TR immune and invisible really? just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is what that is....The development team must be a bunch of little dudes who got tired of getting bullied. They were like...if we were like Ninjas yeah...ninjas...we could be invisible...and immune of course....don't forget super good damage...cause its stealth (duh!!) Oh, need a ranged attack cause ninja's have throwing weapons. You can never hit a ninja so make them super hard to kill.....

End Rant - feel better now:)

It isn't just the enchantments. If you want to be tanky read Scrotobaggins guide. If you want a cheap solution, do what I did. 2pc High General's/2pc Knight Captain's, Sword of the steel Bulwark, High General's or any other cheap tier 2 shield with regen, Blue quality regen neck with ArPen/Crit, thickgristle's belt, the rare (blue quality) gemmed shirts/pants. Rings would be the rare Rings of Health if you can afford them, if not substitute regen rings with ArPen/Crit. All those with rank 5 radiants in def slots, darks in utility and offense slots. That is a pretty cheap set and gives you a lot of regen/def/ArPen. Bronzewood on weapon, 8% damage for cheap, 2 sec soulforged.

Use Scroto's spec, though I differ in that I use Crushing Surge which does more single target damage and hits just as fast as a feated cleave, and procs grit, which procs "wrathful warrior" for 15% more damage. I messed up and skipped on the 10% damage from control power feat, so get that.

With this gear, which is pretty cheap you should have decent survivability and do quite a bit of damage.

I have upgrade my sword and shield to ancient since and am working on my enchants. But it works for me.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    best thing is: don't even bother anymore about inbalance pvp. they would need to put a lot of effort into really fixing pvp. at the current state it is no fun to play it unless you play one of the op classes yourself and even then it is no fun because after 3 minutes you fight against 4 player, 1 minute later it is only 3 and then the rest stays in spawn so you basically wait until the timer gives you the win. so basically no one profits at the moment from the inbalanced pvp.

there is lots of work to do to fix pvp, it is not just "fix the gwf". you would need immunities (it is no fun to get perma cc by knockdowns etc. and you cannot do one thing to react), you would need to remove/change certain effects of abilities (like the gwf unstoppable), you would need to reduce damage of some abilities while bumping up the damage of other abilities, change the duration of some abilities, cooldowns, effects of stats etc. basically you would need to build a parallel game next to the pve game - and other games show that this can work. NO game that is focussed on pve content can transform into a pvp game without any adjustments to the stats and abilities and mechanics.

all those abilities are quite handy when you fight pve stuff, but people normally don't have fun in a pvp game to permanently get one-shotted by someone that they cannot even see. and if they don't get one-shotted yet have no chance to knock him away (cc immunity) and then get two-shotted. i can only imagine some 10 year old kids that have fun killing ppl with one shot while the other guy has absolutely no chance to react. that is like stepping on a bug - how much skill does that need?
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, as far as I can see, what you say about "near infinite prone" by some GFs is correct for any CWs too. As a GF I was stunlocked too for a long time by CWs, so why is there a problem? The same goes for GWFs, if they combine their CC skills.
    And a GF were jumping from one to one? There is a cooldown on their skills and if these jumps were deadly then there was a serious difference in equipment.

Taking CC from these classes? Maybe you should try out the dummies at the PvP potion vendor in Protector's Enclave, they seem to have the appropriate skills for you. Sorry, but for this nonsense I cannot find any friendly words.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yesterday we were hitting with all 5 party members ONE single gwf (no backup) and it took us a very long time to take him down. He basically was spamming his unstoppable constantly.

serirously, a class that wears scale, not even plate that can take the beating of 5 people over such a long time is stupid. a gwf is kinda like a boss mob then. no character, not even a plate tank, should survive so many hits for such a long time. the whole gwf class is so broken in pvp that i can't even think of anyone playing this class really having fun playing the easy mode. but unfortunately there are always kids that like the cheap mode and think they are skilled players although only a bugged class gives them an advantage.
  • Options
    bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Kaylos - I have read Scroto's posts and maybe I am missing something I think of as minor....I went ArP on rings and stuff....Is the idea behind regen that I will heal faster than they can drop me? I have very little regen...I have 42k Hp and armor is similar to yours.

On another note I can now fully claim bananas on people complaining about GF dominance in PvP.....I made a TR......complete easy mode. I have played every class besides GWF and I can say that TR is hands down the best in PvP.....I am only L40 so maybe...MAYBE things change at L60 but 12-15 kills every match, generally top of the rankings. I have not done this good on any of my other toons....I would say experimental data proves who truly is dominant.....All I do is run around and whack people.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    yesterday we were hitting with all 5 party members ONE single gwf (no backup) and it took us a very long time to take him down. He basically was spamming his unstoppable constantly.

serirously, a class that wears scale, not even plate that can take the beating of 5 people over such a long time is stupid. a gwf is kinda like a boss mob then. no character, not even a plate tank, should survive so many hits for such a long time. the whole gwf class is so broken in pvp that i can't even think of anyone playing this class really having fun playing the easy mode. but unfortunately there are always kids that like the cheap mode and think they are skilled players although only a bugged class gives them an advantage.

Show us some proof. If not, it just showed that your party aren't that skilled/bad geared and don't even know how to play. 5v1 any GWF/GF is instant kill...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    Kaylos - I have read Scroto's posts and maybe I am missing something I think of as minor....I went ArP on rings and stuff....Is the idea behind regen that I will heal faster than they can drop me? I have very little regen...I have 42k Hp and armor is similar to yours.

On another note I can now fully claim bananas on people complaining about GF dominance in PvP.....I made a TR......complete easy mode. I have played every class besides GWF and I can say that TR is hands down the best in PvP.....I am only L40 so maybe...MAYBE things change at L60 but 12-15 kills every match, generally top of the rankings. I have not done this good on any of my other toons....I would say experimental data proves who truly is dominant.....All I do is run around and whack people.

^Not level 60 and claiming TRs are easy mode. Wait till you hit level 60 and face epic geared opponents being played by people who actually know how to play the classes. You will probably be playing more experienced opponents at lvl 60 as well. Players should keep in mind a class requiring a different skill set does not mean it requires less skills. GF should not be nerfed at all.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    Show us some proof. If not, it just showed that your party aren't that skilled/bad geared and don't even know how to play. 5v1 any GWF/GF is instant kill...

well maybe our team was not in the 15 gs area - but yet a gwf has to go down by 5 people beating on him. no matter if you have a gs of 11 or 15. if this is only a matter of gear than it is even more broken. pvp should be about skill, not gear. of course you should stay alive longer when someone has bad gear and you have top gear. but once 5 people hit you this should not have any more effects. even if you are in real life a master of martial arts you won't have lots of chances to fight 5 people that beat you with weapons, even if they aren't (alone) as good as you are.

even the gwf guy yesterday said, that he feels ashamed about his class because it is just not normal that so many ppl are needed to kill him. and it was like that the whole match: 3 ppl hitting on him, 4 people hitting on him...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    well maybe our team was not in the 15 gs area - but yet a gwf has to go down by 5 people beating on him. no matter if you have a gs of 11 or 15. if this is only a matter of gear than it is even more broken. pvp should be about skill, not gear. of course you should stay alive longer when someone has bad gear and you have top gear. but once 5 people hit you this should not have any more effects. even if you are in real life a master of martial arts you won't have lots of chances to fight 5 people that beat you with weapons, even if they aren't (alone) as good as you are.

even the gwf guy yesterday said, that he feels ashamed about his class because it is just not normal that so many ppl are needed to kill him. and it was like that the whole match: 3 ppl hitting on him, 4 people hitting on him...

^Sentinel GWFS are a beast to fight and I find them fun to fight even when they kill me most of the time. You do have a point about the gear and skills. I also play pvp/battleground in Tera. In Tera player's gear is switched to standardized lvl 60 gear class specific gear even at lower lvls. This means each class has a set of standardized gear and the players must rely on the skills developed by playing their class instead of on their special gear. Everyone is also leveled up to 60 and given the benefits of being lvl 60 which are higher HP, MP, and Stamina. The whole thing seems more fair to be honest.

• Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Most tough to kill GWF's gearscore isn't that high. Regardless, you don't beat on a GWF with unstoppable up unless you have a ton of ArPen. You wait for it to end and then stunlock him to death with prones (normal stuns he can break). With 4 to 5 people trying to kill him, you should be able to do that. Don't blow your big attacks until he is prone, then unload. Having a GF on the team specced for prones makes it easier to do this.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Then you're all doing something wrong. When they hit Unstoppable run away. When it ends go back and beat on them some more. Repeat a couple/few times and you either have a dead or fleeing GWF. Unless they have some crazy gear or something GWFs aren't that hard to kill in my experience. They are probably the second most annoying class behind GF though.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    To take down a Sent GWF in seconds:

If you play with your guildmate: 2 players

If you play with your friends: 2-3 players

If you play with pug: 2-4 players