test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter? No. Foreverexploit? Yes.

smaltosmalto Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Tonight was the final night I could take it without speaking up. Every single instance in the game, everyone wants to look for and run exploits to avoid content to get rewards. Every Gaunt pvp has at least one if not two points capped before the game even starts. Suggest playing the game without exploiting? Get booted.

I have never seen a game where exploits are a part of the strategy. You've allowed so much exploiting to happen for so long that if/when you finally fix it, nobody is going to want to invest the time to play. And why should they? They've already got 2 or 3 characters completely geared and only killed 7 mobs.

And it's not like there's just one or two, here or there. There is multiple exploits in multiple instances. It sickens me thinking of how much time and money I invested in this game because when I first picked it up I thought it had promise, and I wanted to help support it. Then I come to find out you work on releasing a zone full of annoying dailies before bothering to patch the garbage you have out there now?

Any light at the end of this tunnel of madness?
Post edited by smalto on

Comments

• Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    smalto wrote: »
    I have never seen a game where exploits are a part of the strategy. You've allowed so much exploiting to happen for so long that if/when you finally fix it, nobody is going to want to invest the time to play. .

Well stated.
  • Options
    pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    currently in game:
    1. queue for dungeon get kicked if you don't want to exploit;
    -> one starts to think if exploit is accepted or not..
    2. keep reporting and posting on forums
    -> get ignored without response and even censored
    3. this is where most will quit the game or turn to exploit too.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ^^ Great post OP, and in reality sums up the main reason for a dwindling population, this I know for fact why so many people have already left the game after talking with many friends and guild members whom have slowly but surely give up too.

I stopped logging around 3 or 4 weeks ago altogether, I used to play a minimum of at least 6 hours per day , every day without fail, I am retired and have the time and love MMO's, this game was a real breath of fresh air in Beta and had great potential, I had big hopes for it and I also invested in it to help support.

I have 5 lvl 60's all 11k GS+ and never run any exploits or any boss bug runs on any of them, all lvl'd and geared with hard work and playing the game how it is supposed to be played, But now these days it is practically impossible to do that anymore. You should not HAVE to join 'special' non exploit guilds just to play a game how it is meant to be played.

I used to always comment and plug the game to friends and players in other MMO's but in the last month i keep quiet and if they ask about it I advise them not to bother it will save them alot of stress and frustration in the long run,

What’s the point of playing a game and cheating the content ? all you are cheating is yourself imo.

I kept hanging on hoping to actually see some progress on addressing the dungeon bugs and exploits at least, but none never came and like you say most have become the 'norm' now, which is sad.
    CN is a awesome instance, but as been plagued with bugs and exploits since release, some of which have even been attempted to be fixed and some only just fixed this past week, but the fixes can still apparently be worked around.
    Gauntlygrym PVP is a joke when you can cap bases before the game even starts and the gates open.
    The really annoying thing is when we keep being told to instantly report any bugs or problems but they all get ignored or if you are very lucky you might get a reply 'thanks, we are looking into it'. How long does it take to 'look into' something that is so broken, 5 months ??? But yet other many many new things get designed, coded, tested and implemented in what seems no time at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'll alter anything that sounds like quitting. Though I'm not technically quitting, just carefully observing and anxiously waiting to see some sort of update or patch that is dedicated specifically to the purpose of fixing the tremendous amount of exploits that plague this game I otherwise thoroughly enjoy.

Maybe the right people who make the final decisions for where resources are dedicated aren't fully aware of the severity of this problem. The post isn't fully frustration and anger, but my intention is to show the impact it's having on players who want to experience the content as the developers have worked hard to deliver but cannot.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

You can go gather up some chickens at the Summer Festival.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree on this!
    And I hope too that - maybe - someone has the ability to fix some glitches and exploits. Mending the available content should be the first priority before releasing new content with more bugs, that will sum up to even more work, so better now than later.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

It's up to you to end it. Sadly, developers are delusional about the state of their game, I figured that when they guy responsible for combat started explaining that hammer of fail should work together with chains. I don't think they are going to fix exploiting, p2w or whatever, they either don't care or don't want to care. Game was more or less fun while it lasted, but every game have to end at some point.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Until today I never had a chance to play either Spider or Spellplague normally (and I have never finished one either). Whenever I queue for them, ppl bug these dungeons - but on the other hand I can understand it. It is hardly possible to beat Spider in a pug when you consider that you try to loot the items from this dungeon to gear up and are not yet geared with the best stuff around.

The bugs are one thing, but dungeons that are so hard, that keep spamming you with so many adds and forces you to constantly run around in circles to avoid red areas forces players to find loopholes. If the dungeon itself was exciting, fun and challenging I think more ppl would run it normally (maybe even give you trophies, titles etc. by beating them several times). But the first experience I had with Spider was: Enter the final boss fight pit. Move somewhere, tank is on boss, adds flooding in, can't control anything anymore, die to adds and the fight is over in less than 2 minutes. That really does not give you much motivation to be honest. Especially if it took you an hour to finally come to the final boss fight. That is just frustrating.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Ok so you're saying is that everyone does it, lots of people report it, both in game and on the forums, and no one is ever told to stop or that they're cheating or that they will be punished for it?

Sounds like cryptic does not consider these things exploits. Who owns 100% of the rights to this game again? Oh cryptic, which therefore means that these are not exploits and are "using the terrain to your advantage" as per cryptic.

End of discussion?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's the end for you I suppose. I don't have the desire to sit and link all the posts, appeal screenshots and other csr responses about the difference between terrain advantage and exploit. And as for the "have to exploit because it's too hard" response, there's some hard points in the game but I've yet to find any impossible. Perhaps too difficult with pugs and some encounters could be tweaked, but that's a topic for another conversation. Exploiting because it's not easy is a lazy cop out.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ^^ exactly !! , and these 'exploits' were left untouched for months even though they were very well known about and reported on a near daily basis.
    What is the point of developing and coding a boss to be there in the first place when the ability to climb a statue and kill it very easily without any damage at all from the boss to yourselves. 'working as inteneded' ? your having a laugh... they might as well have just left a empty room with a loot chest in the middle , would have saved them weeks and weeks of development..

Guantlgym PVP area as gates, they are there for a reason, otherwise why was time spetd in developing them and coding, implementing them into the zone ?. They are there to keep people out until the event starts ovbiously. So being able easily to get into a 'closed' area and instantly start capping points and gaining instant advantage is "using the terrain to your advantage" Realy ???

'Sounds like cryptic does not consider these things exploits' no sounds more like too many have been left too late to actually do anything about and more are added to the list near weekly that they are just bassicaly swamped with so many issues to try and address that they do not know were to start, and it is going to continue to get worse.
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Proof that Cryptic/PWE promotes exploits:

GG pvp used to reset your position when it starts so even if you are at cap points, you'll go back to campfire.

After the patch, it does not reset anymore.

What gives? Why'd they break it?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    ^^ exactly !! , and these 'exploits' were left untouched for months even though they were very well known about and reported on a near daily basis.
    What is the point of developing and coding a boss to be there in the first place when the ability to climb a statue and kill it very easily without any damage at all from the boss to yourselves. 'working as inteneded' ? your having a laugh...

these 'exploits' were left untouched for months even though they were very well known about and reported on a near daily basis.

And was anyone punished for using them? Did Cryptic immediately come out and say don't do this, we are in process of fixing it as it's unintended? Yes some most of these fights are easy, if you could either spend 8 hours a day at your easy desk job or spend 2 hours there which would you choose if the pay were the same? If the game designer does not call this exploiting, does not punish players for it, and does not even openly condemn it how can some random forum posters condemn people for it lol?

Point is I've done the content without shortcuts multiple times, it's not hard. But if there is a shorter way that isn't going to get me in trouble then you bet I'm going to take, as would everyone in this forum in real life situations.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    And was anyone punished for using them? Did Cryptic immediately come out and say don't do this, we are in process of fixing it as it's unintended? Yes some most of these fights are easy, if you could either spend 8 hours a day at your easy desk job or spend 2 hours there which would you choose if the pay were the same? If the game designer does not call this exploiting, does not punish players for it, and does not even openly condemn it how can some random forum posters condemn people for it lol?

Point is I've done the content without shortcuts multiple times, it's not hard. But if there is a shorter way that isn't going to get me in trouble then you bet I'm going to take, as would everyone in this forum in real life situations.

Actualy many many have had statements from PWE saying these are not intended and recieve the same old comment of "thanks for reporting this and we are looking into it".

" But if there is a shorter way that isn't going to get me in trouble then you bet I'm going to take, as would everyone in this forum in real life situations"

LOL, seriously, thats the same as getting a Rubiks cube and taking it apart, because you can and re-assembling it in the correct order and then claiming YES i done it !

What is the point in playing any game at all if the main intention is to find a way around to getting to the end without actually playing it ?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Actualy many many have had statements from PWE saying these are not intended and recieve the same old comment of ' thanks for reporting this and we are looking into it.

" But if there is a shorter way that isn't going to get me in trouble then you bet I'm going to take, as would everyone in this forum in real life situations"
    LOL, seriously, thats the same as getting a Rubiks cube and taking it apart, because you can and re-assembling it in the correct order.

What is the point in playing any game at all if the main intention is to find a way around to getting to the end without actually playing it ?

My main intention is to gear up my characters for PvP. As I said I've run the PvE content tons of times and I'm tired of it. I now enjoy PvP and I want better gear for that purpose, so if I'm forced to do PvE to make money I want to do it as quick and painlessly as possible.

if I got paid 50k AD for each rubiks cube I complete **** right I'd take them apart every time. You forget to add that you acquire wealth at the end, I wouldn't just take shortcuts for the sake of taking shortcuts, thats stupid.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    if I got paid 50k AD for each rubiks cube I complete **** right I'd take them apart every time. You forget to add that you acquire wealth at the end, I wouldn't just take shortcuts for the sake of taking shortcuts, thats stupid.

So you play the game or any game solely for the rewards , it is all as you clearly state about the money or loot at the end and NOT for the game itself and the journey you take while progressing along, and i guess you call yourself a 'gamer' too , LOL.... just LOL...

i did not mention 'wealth', it as nothing to do with 'wealth' a game is about having fun and gaining self satisfaction from having worked and evolved you characters to be able to defeat content. the satisfaction and feelings of self achievement way outweigh any rewards you may or may not recieve at the end.

If you exploit or cheat your way through anything, even in real life, the only person you are actualy cheating, is YOURSELF.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So you play the game or any game solely for the rewards , it is all as you clearly state about the money or loot at the end and NOT for the game itself and the journey you take while progressing along, and i guess you call yourself a 'gamer' too , LOL.... just LOL...

Once again, I have already completed ALL content (except epic dread vault, screw that) Now I enjoy PvP. I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to play the game, you find enjoyment in PvE content apparently, I no longer do. So to get the gear that I want for PvP I have do PvE to make the AD. Yes I will do whatever I can that is not at all punishable to get that AD quickly, because I don't enjoy PvE content.

A "gamer" enjoys games, if you don't enjoy them then why play? I enjoy PvP, but I have to do some PvE to get better at PvP. Also if you're holding up "gamer" as some sacred title then it should me laughing at you I think.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    And here we find a good part of the problem folks. Have you noticed a trend in cribs posts? I like pvp, I have done the content, I don't enjoy PvE content... I, I, I. All about himself. Believe it or not, and if you can notice the others posting here, we are looking for the betterment of the game for everyone. Remember kid, it's not always just about you. Fixing exploitable encounters is only one aspect that we've touched on here. There's obviously other balancing issues that would help everyone as well.

I don't know the rules of posting here, so do a search sometime on this game and its exploits and you can find lots of responses from PWE. If you look beyond page 1 you'll even find a PWE employee ENCOURAGING the use of certain exploits to get the company to pay attention to the problem and fix it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    And here we find a good part of the problem folks. Have you noticed a trend in cribs posts? I like pvp, I have done the content, I don't enjoy PvE content... I, I, I. All about himself. Believe it or not, and if you can notice the others posting here, we are looking for the betterment of the game for everyone. Remember kid, it's not always just about you. Fixing exploitable encounters is only one aspect that we've touched on here. There's obviously other balancing issues that would help everyone as well.

I don't know the rules of posting here, so do a search sometime on this game and its exploits and you can find lots of responses from PWE. If you look beyond page 1 you'll even find a PWE employee ENCOURAGING the use of certain exploits to get the company to pay attention to the problem and fix it.

^^ agree totaly.
    Crib just left me laughing so hard it was not worth responding to.
    But now going back to his comments, and his comment on what is a exploit and what is not according to him, even if you are the first person to discover a bug or obvious exploit putting common sence to one side, untill you are actually told to not do it or told there is a punishment for doing it, it is by his thoughts NOT a exploit and perfectly fine to abuse it to death until you are actually told not to do it, LOL what a great philosophy and attitude to have and no wonder the game is in the state it is in these days
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But now going back to his comments, and his comment on what is a exploit and what is not according to him, even if you are the first person to discover a bug or obvious exploit putting common sence to one side, untill you are actually told to not do it or told there is a punishment for doing it, it is by his thoughts NOT a exploit and perfectly fine to abuse it to death until you are actually told not to do it, LOL what a great philosophy and attitude to have and no wonder the game is in the state it is in these days

Sometimes, that's perfectly valid.
    Consider the number of people who used to complain about using knockbacks to knock monsters off of ledges. It's something I'm really quite good at and play accordingly whenever possible, as I appreciate the tactical use of terrain. The drawback is that usually you don't get any loot from those enemies, but that is the price that you pay. It's certainly not an exploit or a bug, and this has been confirmed by developers. So when you first encounter terrain that can be used for tactical advantage, use it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The economic in this game is ridiculous bad. The model if apply to real world it would crash any country.
    The BOP change crash the entire market, it is like the recession, and in real world it takes years to recover, in here we would have to wait at least 3 months or so for the effects to die down. But how many players would even be still playing at this rate?
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I'm telling you what I think, because I can only speak for myself. You on the other hand speak for everyone else that plays this game apparently, you know exactly what they like and don't like and know for sure that 99.9% hate PvP right? I know lots of big spenders in this game and guess what, they spend money because they don't enjoy PvE but still want gear for PvP. I would venture to say (notice I'm not stating my opinion as fact...) that a large % of paying customers are those that don't enjoy PvE grind but still want gear for PvP.

Why else would you spend money on gear anyway, PvE is so easy, it's just time consuming. Cryptic knows this as well, which is why PvE is always going to feel somewhat grindy and players are always going to look for shortcuts to lessen time spent in dungeons.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013

As long as the devs will try to patch exploits with tiny invisible walls, no. Exploiters will spend hours trying to find new holes on the test servers in the low level version of the dungeons. The geometry is so complex in these instances that they should give up and start to create a new anti cheating system from scratch.

There are many possibilities, like having a damage progression bar, and a boss won't spawn if the team hasn't done x damage, you can also have an auto kick + auto report for players outside of the legitimate playing areas, you can have no loot if the boss and its adds didn't do enough damage to the team (to fix suicides and safe spots) with a reset of this event every time the team wipes, or just a simple auto temp ban if there are too many mobs left in the dungeon when it's been completed.

Of course, fixing suicides and safe spots has to be done on a case-by-case basis, but fixing holes in dungeons is close to be impossible and will likely take years. They tried to fix the gauntlgrym pvp map and the fardelver crypt map, but some players found a workaround almost immediately. So, what's the point if it takes months to add a tiny invisible wall that doesn't work? At some point, they will realize that they have to try another strategy, and I hope it won't be too late, because currently, many people leave the game because of exploits, unless they are in a very active guild with a healthy "no exploits" rule.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I put up a thread in the guild recruitment forum looking for a guild that prohibits exploiting and plays the game for the challenge and enjoyment of the content. I got 0 replies. I posted on some of the recruitment threads posted by other guilds already established on the server asking if they had a no exploit mentality and again, no replies. Very disappointed in the majority of the community and the state of this game.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    As long as the devs will try to patch exploits with tiny invisible walls, no. Exploiters will spend hours trying to find new holes on the test servers in the low level version of the dungeons. The geometry is so complex in these instances that they should give up and start to create a new anti cheating system from scratch.

There are many possibilities, like having a damage progression bar, and a boss won't spawn if the team hasn't done x damage, you can also have an auto kick + auto report for players outside of the legitimate playing areas, you can have no loot if the boss and its adds didn't do enough damage to the team (to fix suicides and safe spots) with a reset of this event every time the team wipes, or just a simple auto temp ban if there are too many mobs left in the dungeon when it's been completed.

Of course, fixing suicides and safe spots has to be done on a case-by-case basis, but fixing holes in dungeons is close to be impossible and will likely take years. They tried to fix the gauntlgrym pvp map and the fardelver crypt map, but some players found a workaround almost immediately. So, what's the point if it takes months to add a tiny invisible wall that doesn't work? At some point, they will realize that they have to try another strategy, and I hope it won't be too late, because currently, many people leave the game because of exploits, unless they are in a very active guild with a healthy "no exploits" rule.

..Tiny invisible walls would've solved quite a few 'exploits' and would take a few minutes to fix... (other new holes will be found.. patch them too lol.. (tiny little invisible walls 4tw) ;) *they would if they wanted to btw.*

GG fix?... ?? What fix was done?
    they opened and allowed players to capture points instead of them being sent back to the spawn point..???
    There was never any workaround, people are going the exactly same route. (if anything they changed the starting mech's so that the exploit got usable.. o.0

as a side note, there have been made a few safe-spot removals, and they were done in stealth patches ;D
    so they can if they want to... (lack of wanting might be an issue).

ps. Something is seriously wrong if it takes months to add a tiny invisible wall to an instance .. lol!!!!...
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    valliv wrote: »
    ps. Something is seriously wrong if it takes months to add a tiny invisible wall to an instance .. lol!!!!...

Spoken like someone who has no real grasp about the intricacies of software development.

spiral_model.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's a grossly overstated chart showing full development, and in many cases even then oversaturated and inapplicable in the real world, not a minor alteration (fix).
  • Options
    bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Tonight was the final night I could take it without speaking up. Every single instance in the game, everyone wants to look for and run exploits to avoid content to get rewards. Every Gaunt pvp has at least one if not two points capped before the game even starts. Suggest playing the game without exploiting? Get booted.

I have never seen a game where exploits are a part of the strategy. You've allowed so much exploiting to happen for so long that if/when you finally fix it, nobody is going to want to invest the time to play. And why should they? They've already got 2 or 3 characters completely geared and only killed 7 mobs.

And it's not like there's just one or two, here or there. There is multiple exploits in multiple instances. It sickens me thinking of how much time and money I invested in this game because when I first picked it up I thought it had promise, and I wanted to help support it. Then I come to find out you work on releasing a zone full of annoying dailies before bothering to patch the garbage you have out there now?

What I found the worst about the Sharandar module was that it even introduced new bugs to the old content. Gauntlegrym PvP is only one example. Temple of the Spider used to be a fixed instance before the Sharandar patch and what happened was that they reverted all the fixes they did to TotS. Glitching out of the map to "fly" to 2nd/3rd campfire? possible AGAIN. Making the final boss commit suicide? possible AGAIN. This stuff was fixed months ago and now all the bugs just returned. However I can also understand people using the boss glitch. Every class has had a DPS nerf, some a very big one and the bossfight is very DPS-relying and was not adjusted... PuG parties would most likely not be able to do it anymore the regular way.

Castle Never also featured many new bugs. The silly looking statue fix being the funniest and the Dracolich hits-you-everywhere AoE being the unfunniest.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What I found the worst about the Sharandar module was that it even introduced new bugs to the old content. Gauntlegrym PvP is only one example. Temple of the Spider used to be a fixed instance before the Sharandar patch and what happened was that they reverted all the fixes they did to TotS. Glitching out of the map to "fly" to 2nd/3rd campfire? possible AGAIN. Making the final boss commit suicide? possible AGAIN. This stuff was fixed months ago and now all the bugs just returned. However I can also understand people using the boss glitch. Every class has had a DPS nerf, some a very big one and the bossfight is very DPS-relying and was not adjusted... PuG parties would most likely not be able to do it anymore the regular way.

Castle Never also featured many new bugs. The silly looking statue fix being the funniest and the Dracolich hits-you-everywhere AoE being the unfunniest.

So if it's possible for everyone but you, blame the game and don't question your build? Well, this game is supposed to be somewhat challenging, i'm sorry if you're learning it right now, but it's what the dev team wants. It was said in an interview some months ago. Can't remember where, but the purpose is definitely to make people think to what they're doing instead of mashing the space bar and hitting random keys like a monkey for 10 mins like many MMOs nowadays. If a team fails, it's because the players need to change something, not because the game is not playable. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    rogueriderroguerider Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's a grossly overstated chart showing full development, and in many cases even then oversaturated and inapplicable in the real world, not a minor alteration (fix).

Fixes still go through the same lifecycle. They require a requirement, test, deployment phase in order to be eligible for release. No one working with a SDLC model would short cut it because the consumer will lose interest and faith in their ability to deliver a quality product.

If they were also to deliver a higher quality product, they would do the research on the exploits, hacks and other modifications players are making using 3rd party applications on the web. These are causing immunity, full health at all times and are able to be used no matter the Gear Score or level. Giving someone 'God' mode in today's MMO's is no different than them using the game cheats in Super Mario Brothers as a kid. What fun is it? None TBH What challenges are there if you can eliminate and hit everything with 1 fell swoop of a dagger. Especially when players are able to stand there and take 0 damage.

**Some of these issues may be related to latency but a majority are exploits and code breakers on the web. It must be handled somehow.
This discussion has been closed.