test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF and melee dominance in PvP is sickening

errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Everyone is respecing as GF TR GWF. The game is degenerating into CC immune prone zerging with a few 2-shot TR kills tossed in for good measure. I was just in a PvP match with GF bouncing like rabits to ping DCs and CWs on bridge with their charges. They were actually airborne! It was comedic but really too much. Pretty awesome range damage for a melee tank. TRs are, as usual, doing their thing from stealth either with their overpowered impact shot range stun (why do they even have that?) or LA nonsense. There are still nearly impossible to kill GWF builds running around but after the damage nerf it is a more balanced build unless we stack Tenebs.

In this match I was one of the GWFs but I spent the whole match prone as GF after GF took turns charging me. Best defense with near infinite prone (best CC) and too much damage for GF is a disaster in PvP.

Not sure what the solution here is but the current PvP situation is GF > TR > GWF > gap > CW > DC. Whoever has the most GFs will win since each side almost always has two TRs. What a mess.

CC diminishing returns wont help because the GF kills you in so few skills. It would actually weaken the two caster classes. Taking CC from GF TR is probably part of the answer.

It figures that one Level 60 I don't have is a GF. Off to level him up and gear him out.
Post edited by errantvolley on

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    mommy don't let the bad man hurt me.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In an equal fight, CW vs GF, the CW will always win. I've seen it happen time and again in 1v1s. In a massed fight it's whoever gets CC first.
    DC always has a hard time.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    In an equal fight, CW vs GF, the CW will always win. I've seen it happen time and again in 1v1s. In a massed fight it's whoever gets CC first.
    DC always has a hard time.

Complete nonsense Cw looses in 1v1 to all but DC. Cw has needed a buff for a long time and I think it would be a great idea to make chill strike on a 3-5 second cooldown. They should be able to deal out major dmg because they can take none and they dont have stealth to hide or impossible to catch or massive deff and armor like a Gf and a Gwf.
    Gf ( I play this class as my main) has a 6 second cooldown on Lunging Strike witch is were it should be but look at the dmg I can take with my Hp and my Dmg resist. Cw should have a 3-5 second cooldown on their chill strike to balance out the fact that they can take no dmg. CC on a Cw is just no were near enough when TR's have Impossible to catch and stealth Gwf's have a 30-40% cc resist passive and Gf laugh at it. Stop nerfing and bring Cw up to were they should have been all along Glass Cannons that do mega dmg from range.
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nightgamez wrote: »
    Complete nonsense Cw looses in 1v1 to all but DC. Cw has needed a buff for a long time and I think it would be a great idea to make chill strike on a 3-5 second cooldown. They should be able to deal out major dmg because they can take none and they dont have stealth to hide or impossible to catch or massive deff and armor like a Gf and a Gwf.
    Gf ( I play this class as my main) has a 6 second cooldown on Lunging Strike witch is were it should be but look at the dmg I can take with my Hp and my Dmg resist. Cw should have a 3-5 second cooldown on their chill strike to balance out the fact that they can take no dmg. CC on a Cw is just no were near enough when TR's have Impossible to catch and stealth Gwf's have a 30-40% cc resist passive and Gf laugh at it. Stop nerfing and bring Cw up to were they should have been all along Glass Cannons that do mega dmg from range.
    I play both a L60 CW and L60 GF. The CW is the only class that can lock down a GF from a range where lunge is useless. With the correct encounter, this can happen permanently. You'll never get close to a good CW as a GF in a 1v1 duel, only in a massed fight.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd have to agree with the OP on this issue as I myself no longer have any interest playing PVP on CW due to massive immunities that are around these days. I mean the name Control Wizard is no longer true as the concept of "Control" is long gone with the introduction of Soulforged enchants. Not only do GWF go unstoppable really quickly, they have high def, resists, knowdown, and HP to survive majority of CW skills. When a GWF or a TR stacks soulforged it's pretty much over for any opponent that doesn't have soulforged proc'd.

As for TR's, they are manageable. I just think Lashing Blade skill is extremly overpowered where they can 1-2 shot a DC or CW so easily. Not only is the damage too high, but the 100% chance of success to land from stealth is mind blowing. There weren't as many LS rogue out there as there are now. It's gotten to a point where PVP is just unplayable for CW and DC vs a team of 1-3 rogues.

As for GF's, not much to say. A tank class that does more damage to an enemy on a non-crit attack than any other class does with a crit. That's not very balanced is it?
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    This would be more believable had you not mention GWF and the eating order is just your opinion not fact.

I personally think it is TR>Gap>Gap>GF=CW=GWF>Gap>Gap>Gap>Gap>DC, see just an opinion.

Here is some advice: stop trying to face tank the GF, he has this blue bar once diminished makes him as useless as a 2+ Devoted Cleric in a PVP match or GWF without unstoppable. The only class that can do without their special ability is the TR.

Burrowed: (Randall)

This is the TR, watch it run in slow motion. It's pretty BA, look it runs all over the place. woah, watch out say the GWF. Eww it got a kill. Oh it's chasing a DC! oh my gosh! Oh the TR's are just Craazy!~so on.
    Nothing can stop the TR when it's stealthy.
  • Options
    bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol....xmachina:)

I am on dragon server....and I would love for someone to show me what I am doing wrong. I constantly hear about how BA my GF is ...and yet I have matches where I might get 2 kills or none? I don't feel I hit that hard....not compared to other classes. I sure as hell don't run around feeling tankish. I have posted similar before and been told to read the play guides....honestly I think its all about enchantments. Everyone has fought someone with good enchantments and all of a sudden the class is OP. I also have a CW.....on either class sometimes I clean up other matches I am everyones play toy.

I hear about GF and defense...doesn't do you any good when 2 ranged toons attack you and TR stabs you in back cause everyone knows you can't dodge or move fast...huge target on my forehead....hit here. I can do well sometimes, but its only if people let me get near them....before they stun lock me. Someone said its all about who gets CC on first.

My CW, lord help me if there is a TR......hey he is invisible..cant target him but I am on my toes looking for him...there is is...oh wait, immune....watch him face roll me cause he runs faster. I can tele away...but not for long before he catches me. Maybe instead he will just kill me from range...thats always fun.

Possible solutions....

Fine take away some of GF damage abilities...but for god sake actually make us be able to tank some damage. CW should hit like a ton of bricks but be squishy (already pretty squishy).....GWF (dont really know this class) ......TR immune and invisible really? just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is what that is....The development team must be a bunch of little dudes who got tired of getting bullied. They were like...if we were like Ninjas yeah...ninjas...we could be invisible...and immune of course....don't forget super good damage...cause its stealth (duh!!) Oh, need a ranged attack cause ninja's have throwing weapons. You can never hit a ninja so make them super hard to kill.....

End Rant - feel better now:)
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tactics is a taboo word it seems with most players. Let me share with you a true account of what recently happened, as an example of tactics.
    I am a gwf, a sent/regen/greater tranquility/greater lifedrinker gwf. Very hard to kill me.
    I just met the best cw ingame and let me clue you in, the cw never killed me the entire match, but still i say he is the best cw.
    Ok ok, un-scrounge your derp faces.

The reason he is the best is, he didn't try to kill me. He stayed on the point, see me running up, repel, while i'm pushed, ray of ice, i turn to ice, then entangle, then his repel cooled down again, so repel again.
    My unstoppable is up! I rushed him thinking thats it! i'm gonna kill this guy...whoops, he hadn't used even one of his 3 dodges yet, so u can imagine what happened. Unstoppable over, rinse and repeat, till his crew finsihed with my team, or they died, and came ganked 4 vs 1, and i died all without taking the point.

Moral of the stroy is, there is more to killing a char. I wish i wasn't so fustrated and remembered to save the cw's name, so i could give him the respect he deserves. He knew right off the bat, theres no way he's gonna kill me, so he adapated, and did the most useful thing he could. He didn't come crying to nerf, or complain that it's unfair. He adapted and he survived.

Thats a player. Not what i see on the forums.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mommy I want this or that nerfed instead of learning to play. Please mommy nerf this so I can win easily instead of facing a challenge. There are tons of threads like this were people cry instead of learning to play. Honestly the goal of PVP is one team wins and one loses. This basically means you win some and loose some. TR's immunity only lasts three seconds and CWs can cast spells to damage Trs while they are stealthed. GFs are tanks unless specced to do heavy damage. GFs are capable to prone someone and kill them easily but CWs can attack them at long range before the GF gets close enough to do damage. Crying for nerfs is probably a bad idea because the Devs usually nerf all classes at the same time instead of just one or two.

Let the tears continue to flow as the classes get nerfed to hell and the rest of the game is ruined for your own gain. *sigh* Yeah don't worry about class breaking bugs that go reported but unfixed while the devs nerf the classes. *sigh*
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Mommy I want this or that nerfed instead of learning to play. Please mommy nerf this so I can win easily instead of facing a challenge. There are tons of threads like this were people cry instead of learning to play. Honestly the goal of PVP is one team wins and one loses. This basically means you win some and loose some. TR's immunity only lasts three seconds and CWs can cast spells to damage Trs while they are stealthed. GFs are tanks unless specced to do heavy damage. GFs are capable to prone someone and kill them easily but CWs can attack them at long range before the GF gets close enough to do damage. Crying for nerfs is probably a bad idea because the Devs usually nerf all classes at the same time instead of just one or two.

Let the tears continue to flow as the classes get nerfed to hell and the rest of the game is ruined for your own gain. *sigh* Yeah don't worry about class breaking bugs that go reported but unfixed while the devs nerf the classes. *sigh*

I hear a indirect response to my post in your answer so I will respond...None of our skills (CW) do diddly squat to a TR when they are invisible....and if their immunity is only 3 seconds its a long *** 3 seconds. It is often more than enough time to kill me that is for sure. If you disagree regarding what I said that is your opinion...but I would really rather hear from people with constructive comments. If I can learn to play better fine....but I really don't understand how I am supposed to dodge when I can't see you. If I dodge and you happen to reappear....I still have to run for 3 seconds. (Deleted negative comment)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rukhmath wrote: »
    Tactics is a taboo word it seems with most players. Let me share with you a true account of what recently happened, as an example of tactics.
    I am a gwf, a sent/regen/greater tranquility/greater lifedrinker gwf. Very hard to kill me.
    I just met the best cw ingame and let me clue you in, the cw never killed me the entire match, but still i say he is the best cw.

The reason he is the best is, he didn't try to kill me. He stayed on the point, see me running up, repel, while i'm pushed, ray of ice, i turn to ice, then entangle, then his repel cooled down again, so repel again.
    My unstoppable is up! I rushed him thinking thats it! i'm gonna kill this guy...whoops, he hadn't used even one of his 3 dodges yet, so u can imagine what happened. Unstoppable over, rinse and repeat, till his crew finsihed with my team, or they died, and came ganked 4 vs 1, and i died all without taking the point.

Moral of the stroy is, there is more to killing a char. I wish i wasn't so fustrated and remembered to save the cw's name, so i could give him the respect he deserves. He knew right off the bat, theres no way he's gonna kill me, so he adapated, and did the most useful thing he could. He didn't come crying to nerf, or complain that it's unfair. He adapted and he survived.

Several CWs are learning to do this strategy and it works against TRs as well. Some CWs do AOE right after repel to catch the TR by surprise. The main way CWs seem to get killed is they make obvious mistakes. I play as a TR mainly. One of the obvious mistakes is they think the TR has run away when he stealths and stops attacking. Just stand next to the point, as the point is turning to my team color, and the CW walks within range for me to nail him. The point changing color should be rather obvious, you can see the player's name of a stealth TR if you get close enough, and in some cases certain weapon enchantments are noticeable through stealth.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    I hear a indirect response to my post in your answer so I will respond...None of our skills (CW) do diddly squat to a TR when they are invisible....and if their immunity is only 3 seconds its a long *** 3 seconds. It is often more than enough time to kill me that is for sure. If you disagree regarding what I said that is your opinion...but I would really rather hear from people with constructive comments. If I can learn to play better fine....but I really don't understand how I am supposed to dodge when I can't see you. If I dodge and you happen to reappear....I still have to run for 3 seconds. (Deleted negative comment)

My post was originally directed at the thread in general and not specifically or indirectly to you. Here is a direct response just for you. :)

More misinformation please. Check out this video that is TR vs CW duel. The Tr gave up and the CW would have won without the Tr giving up if they were not fighting near the health potions. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M174HprtvQw <-Sorry level 29 one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dht5Gz6BuQ <- Level 60.

Again l2p and cry cry mommy nerf trs and gfs for me pretty please. Let the tears continue to flow as the classes get nerfed to hell and the rest of the game is ruined for your own gain. *sigh* Yeah don't worry about class breaking bugs that go reported but unfixed while the devs nerf the classes. *sigh* The devs are probably celebrating that so many people are concentrating on PVP instead of bigger issues like class breaking bugs and exploits.

• Options
    spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It's funny how ignorant some people are, when it comes to dcs. I've seen some really awesome dcs that can tank up to 1v4 even. Most of the dcs out there are just build wrong to be competitive in pvp. And that being said. I don't have a dc and I don't know much about them really. Just seen few videos around and met few awesome dcs ingame.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    It's funny how ignorant some people are, when it comes to dcs. I've seen some really awesome dcs that can tank up to 1v4 even. Most of the dcs out there are just build wrong to be competitive in pvp. And that being said. I don't have a dc and I don't know much about them really. Just seen few videos around and met few awesome dcs ingame.

You are correct. Normally the issue is the class is not specced to perform the best in PVP or the player does not know how to properly play the class or both. Every class has an advantage and disadvantage. Players should learn the disadvantages of the other classes and how to use them. Players should study and learn if they are having difficulty in PVP. The good PVPers usually spend hours learning how to perform the best in PVP. I personally respecced my TR three times and change tactics depending on what classes are in the other team. Some players even enter PVP with blue and green gear and expect to win against a full epic geared team. *Sigh*

For those that are curious my main character is a 13k GS that has the ability to be a crit build or a permastealth/crit. Crit is for PVP because permastealth is weaker and does less damage. The permastealth is for PVE because of the added defense. I respecced four times to make this build perform equally in PVP and PVE. I still get killed and yet I do not cry for nerfs. I am sometimes ranked at the top for kills and somtimes the bottom. It really does not matter how many kills I have because the goal of PVP is to capture the points and protect them. A team who has less kills can still win if they concentrate on capping all the points while the other team is concentrating on killing. The goal of PVP is one team wins and one team looses. This means sometimes you win some and sometimes you loose some. It really is not that big of a deal.

• Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    GF has no ability to increase speed without sacrificing your damage, the charges are very predictable and can be avoided easily by a cw or tr trained, he can not escape a fight with the ability to teleport or stealth. All these facts were not mentioned by the OP. Totally biased.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i am gwf, and i cant kill a good clerig.
    nerf DCs please

sarcams off.

idk how people cant play with what they got

i see thousands ppl complaining rogues are OP, kill fast.
    some ppl complain gwf are op cuz die hard
    some ppl complain cuz gf bounce ppl around
    clerig is fine i think, cw too
    but maybe cw need a bit more buff.
    other than that is just the same old cry we have, ppl want to pwn everyone, so as long they are kicking butt they are happy, when their *** get kicked they whine for nerfs...
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    the problem is we got ppl with 8k GS fighting ppl of 11k, or above and complaining for nerfs lol.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    My mistake for not checking the level and thanks for pointing it out. You are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for even crying on the forums for nerfs in my opinion. Here is a level 60 one. Learn to play instead of crying like a complete baby. Very easy to find any valid video. You honestly thought I could not find a video easily to correct my minor mistake??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dht5Gz6BuQ <- Level 60.

Again l2p and cry cry mommy nerf trs and gfs for me pretty please. Let the tears continue to flow as the classes get nerfed to hell and the rest of the game is ruined for your own gain. *sigh* Yeah don't worry about class breaking bugs that go reported but unfixed while the devs nerf the classes. *sigh* The devs are probably celebrating that so many people are concentrating on PVP instead of bigger issues like class breaking bugs and exploits. There is no point to cry over PVP because one team wins and one team looses. You basically win some and loose some. Get over it instead of crying.

The L60 video is even worse, why is the TR using Duelist Furry on a CW when they could simply could of gone stealth down the CW some with CoS. Count the CW's dodge, the second the CW does 3rd dodge impact shot him 3 or 4 times then CoS again.

Stop putting up videos of TR's that don't know how to play their class please.

Edit: Oh in the L29 video the TR does Lashing blade for 2k+ crit which is half the CW's health, even the CW's daily was not that powerful iirc.

Edit 2: I read a comment about a DC going 1v4, in who's dream? If a DC is brave enough to come at 4/5 of my team and I'm there, we can have a Crowd Control party with the DC as the pinata. {I'm Pragmatic~preview shard}

I still use CoS, my only changes were I now use Glooming cut and Courage breaker~ swapped out bait and switch.
    I use it to count CW's dodge which is what I always do while stealthed, move in close 2 impact shot, glooming cut 4k+ crit, impact shot.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    xmachina wrote: »
    The L60 video is even worse, why is the TR using Duelist Furry on a CW when they could simply could of gone stealth down the CW some with CoS. Count the CW's dodge, the second the CW does 3rd dodge impact shot him 3 or 4 times then CoS again.

Stop putting up videos of TR's that don't know how to play their class please.

Edit: Oh in the L29 video the CW did more damage than the TR and would have won easily if the TR did not keep running to the health potions.

Edit 2: I read a comment about a DC going 1v4, in who's dream? If a DC is brave enough to come at 4/5 of my team and I'm there, we can have a Crowd Control party with the DC as the pinata.

I could also post tons of videos of CWs that do not know how to play their class. You could post tons of videos of TRs killing CWs who do not know how to play their class. The large majority who cry do not know how to play their class and would rather cry. BTW: COS is not that effective anymore because its been nerfed to 8 daggers and good CWs know how to dodge it so it is even less effective. *Yawn*

EDIT: In the L29 video the CW did more damage while the TR kept running to the potions to stay alive.

EDIT2: I see you comment about the unstoppable bug with GWFs. I honestly think the devs should make fixing these class breaking bugs a priority instead of nerfing all the classes again. This bug has been around for a long time and unfixed while the devs nerf the classes.

Oh yeah, enjoy my new signature and user pic. :)

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I use this tactic quite a bit as a CW. It works well against Sent-Regen GWFs except those with Tenebrous enchantments. I often run Shield on Tab as well for the defense and further push when it pops. The biggest challenge with this strategy is: 1) High CC resistance with Sents is very common and 2) Many GWF abilities, like Flourish, still stun-lock when you dodge. It even says "Dodged" in red right above me, but I'm still locked. 90% of my deaths during this situation come from dodging a hit and still getting stun-locked.

By the way, I don't even use Ice Knife. No reason. Ice Storm is the daily of choice because it launches them up and away.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What server are you on Rukhmath. Cuz I did this exact thing to a wicked scary GWF that was trying to take our home point . After he beat me the first time i swapped out my sudden storm for repel and kept pushing him off the ledge choke CS and freeze.

Another Tip for CW to use on GF and GWF is CoI in your spell mastery slot. When GWF goes beast mode
    put it on him and kite like normal. when he is out of beast mode you can tap freeze him.
    Same for a GF put CoI on him itll stack chills while he's blocking and always Freeze ray GF. once he's frozen he is ripe for the picking.

I'm on the Mindflayer server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use this tactic quite a bit as a CW. It works well against Sent-Regen GWFs except those with Tenebrous enchantments. I often run Shield on Tab as well for the defense and further push when it pops. The biggest challenge with this strategy is: 1) High CC resistance with Sents is very common and 2) Many GWF abilities, like Flourish, still stun-lock when you dodge. It even says "Dodged" in red right above me, but I'm still locked. 90% of my deaths during this situation come from dodging a hit and still getting stun-locked.

By the way, I don't even use Ice Knife. No reason. Ice Storm is the daily of choice because it launches them up and away.

I very rarely use ice knife, wish i could take the points out of it. I am telling you guys, play around with Maelstrom of Chaos. It is quite versatile. I play oppressor build and I have a few good spell set ups I swap through depensing on what the enemy team is made of and trying to do.

you will see how amazing it is whenit throws everyone around you to target location. IT works great because CW are just a giant bait. I bait people into getting close to me all the time and pop MoC when they are a few steps away. I take super less damage am immune to all their prone and CC shenanigans and throws them all away giving me the room I need to throw some spells around and start trying to control the situation best I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    GF and melee dominance in PvP is sickening
    hes a GWF he's sickening too?
    In this match I was one of the GWFs but I spent the whole match prone as GF after GF took turns charging me. Best defense with near infinite prone (best CC) and too much damage for GF is a disaster in PvP.

he wants GF to be nerfed
    2 GFs killed him on a 5v5 match not fair T_T

l2p
    learn when to use dodge/skills
    learn when to run/avoid fight
    learn what other classes skills
    learn other classes skill effects
    learn your weakness and strengths

if you dont want to learn you will stay as a no0b
  • Options
    macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited September 2013

I'm not sure that a cw with repel on his bar can be the best cw in game but maybe he just slotted it to deal with you
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    The only thing that concerns me is the new Elven Battle enchant, that lets you ressist CC. It posses some serous issues for CW, leaving them toothless. I am surprised that developers released something that has the potential to jeopardise the whole class.

*Edit* P.s. Forgot to add, stealth is broken as intended.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Man, you're gonna be in for some serious flaming by angry GFs... Pointing out their obviously OP mobility, damage, defence and CC (they have it all! :cool:) is gonna get you chased like Frankenstein's monster all the way into submission.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While I agree with some of the complaining about certain skills on certain classes being very strong, I would never cry for nerfs. All you do when you nerf stuff like this is **** up the game, because there is NO pvp balance to be had.

I have 1 of each class and though only 3 are L 60, each class can and does have builds and skills that are quite useful. FFS even regen Clerics make that class viable in PVP and clerics ****ing suck in pvp for the most part.

I hate to be part of the L2P crowd, but ****...try to figure out whats going on first. If you're getting bounced by 2 or 3 GF's, how the **** is this any different then getting 3v1 by any three classes. Deal with the fact that you got zerged on a small scale.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    While I agree with some of the complaining about certain skills on certain classes being very strong, I would never cry for nerfs. All you do when you nerf stuff like this is **** up the game, because there is NO pvp balance to be had.

I have 1 of each class and though only 3 are L 60, each class can and does have builds and skills that are quite useful. FFS even regen Clerics make that class viable in PVP and clerics ****ing suck in pvp for the most part.

I hate to be part of the L2P crowd, but ****...try to figure out whats going on first. If you're getting bounced by 2 or 3 GF's, how the **** is this any different then getting 3v1 by any three classes. Deal with the fact that you got zerged on a small scale.

You make some very valid points I agree with and you did it without mocking the ones asking for nerfs. Gotta say good job. I incorporated the idea that every class has its advantages and disadvantages into my signature.

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You make some very valid points I agree with and you did it without mocking the ones asking for nerfs. Gotta say good job. I incorporated the idea that every class has its advantages and disadvantages into my signature.

Thanks. I really don't see the point in bashing people who complain about the perceived OP of some classes...especially when I myself have been chain "stunned" by GF or 15k crit by impact shot or completely pissed by the inability of actually reduce GWF/DC HP or even get close to a CW. It happens, but crying about getting WTFPWND some times is the wrong approach, but you know...society has been teaching people to ***** and moan until they get standards lowered.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited September 2013
    Seriously, Stop asking for nerfs. Learn to play the game or find a new game. I play all classes except gfw and personally I win some and lose some in pvp on all of them and against all classes. On my gf, I have come across several cws that know how to kick my *** in pvp, and I have kicked several others. Don't scream for nerfs just because you obviously either have a bad build or no pvp skills. IF you cannot figure out how to make a good build then go on the forums and find one and then get tips on how to play it. Unnneeded nerfs to stop the whining have already hurt cws, clerics, and trs. I really dont want to see another round of pointless unneeded nerfs.