test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Known Issue] Teleporters

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
Hey all!

We're just about ready to bring the Foundry editor back up, and have identified an issue where teleporters may have unexpectedly moved.

You don't need to go in and fix their locations - we're working on a fix that will move them back to their original position (teleporters placed right now may also move).

For this reason, we're keeping reviews disabled for the moment, to ensure that your teleporter-laden quests don't receive bad reviews due to this bug. Once we've fixed the issue, we'll republish those quests and re-enable reviews.

Cheers!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you sure reviews are disabled? Because i've seen "Answer the Raven's Call" get more review comments complaining about the 10,000 TREES THAT SPAWNED OUT OF NOWHERE since it was first stated on the forums that reviews were turned off.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    10,000 TREES THAT SPAWNED OUT OF NOWHERE
    I kind of want to see that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I kind of want to see that.

Just log in and enter this week's featured quest, "Answer the Raven's Call," and you will see it. However, please don't leave it a negative review like so many others have been doing the last two days, because it's NOT the author's fault.

My quest used the same map, and is also DESTROYED. I was able to just log in to the foundry and pull it a few minutes ago. Trishani does not have that privilege as hers is FEATURED. It's making me sick to see her quest sitting there getting attacked and badmouthed because of the 10,000 TREES, and all everyone else wants to talk about is the portals being off a little bit.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think that it's unfair to say that it is all anyone wants to talk about. It is more likely that teleport issues are affecting most/all quests, while the tree issue is specific to a particular map.

EDIT: Perhaps you might start a 'known issues' thread for everything, not just the teleporters, so both authors and devs can have a one-stop reference thread. Include workarounds where known, of course :)
  • Options
    trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    Yes the tree issue is specific to map, Forest Looping Path 01, Detailed, XLarge.

Teleporters are of course very important to fix as well. I'm glad the dev's are working on it. My maps also had teleporters that were affected. I do appreciate Zeirlynn's effort to make sure my foundry has not been over looked since hundreds of people yesterday tried to play my map thinking it was meant to be a wall-to-wall jungle.

Lucky were the authors who's teleporters broke the map so it couldn't be finished, and therefore folks couldn't leave any reviews.

I hope the dev's are working on this map specific problem as well, and won't turn reviews back on until both issues are fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I hope you get it sorted out asap. I am going in, just to take a look for posterity...hopefully you will be able to chuckle about this one day. [EDIT: :eek: It's awesome in a way, but. ... How did people ever manage to finish?]

And because this seems like a good place for it:
    Please DO NOT move your teleporters.

When we fix the issue they will move back!!

AGAIN, please do not move the teleporters that are bugged.

They will move back to their correct positions once the fix is live.

If you are in the editor, please pass this info on to our fellow authors via chat!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Reviews are still piling up! It is not disabled.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well I just spent an hour fighting giant flora to get to the review box of trishani's quest. I left a public information message, which will hopefully be of some use to those reading reviews before dashing straight in.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, that is very kind and thoughtful. :D

I had a friend do the same yesterday, but it was pushed off the 1st page fairly quickly. But hopefully some will notice!!

In positive news, I have confirmation the dev's are working on the issue. I hope they can push a fix through soon, since reviews are still going.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Wow. Hope a fix is incoming, I've had nothing but problems since the update.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

We're just about ready to bring the Foundry editor back up, and have identified an issue where teleporters may have unexpectedly moved.

You don't need to go in and fix their locations - we're working on a fix that will move them back to their original position (teleporters placed right now may also move).

For this reason, we're keeping reviews disabled for the moment, to ensure that your teleporter-laden quests don't receive bad reviews due to this bug. Once we've fixed the issue, we'll republish those quests and re-enable reviews.

Cheers!

How about just rolling back this entire f'd up patch and taking it all back to the drawing board. This update is a complete fail!
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bah.

It's disappointing. Just checked out Danger in the Sky to see if the teleporters are working. Nope. But the player doesn't find out until about 1/3 of the way into the adventure, at which point the lack of being able to teleport properly results in a show-stopper.

I was going to jump into the Foundry and try and fix 'em, but then I stumbled upon this thread. THANK GOODNESS! It would have been much more frustrating to fix them only to have a patch break them again.

I know everyone wants to Foundry editing to be up right now, but seriously... it should be disabled until the TP issue (not to mention the endless giant trees!) are fixed. If players create new adventures with teleporters, or if they fix their old ones, and then all those Foundry quests are broken again by an update... well... it's already been a frustratingly bumpy update with the Feywild. Why add to the misery?
  • Options
    moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    I noticed the bad reviews on trishani's quest as well. Wonder how people are able to rate it when its pretty much impossible to get through the massive forest. I'll be doing that quest on my other accounts when reviews are re-enabled and give it 5 stars to try to help you guys offset the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that rated it badly because of this bug.

I hate to say it, but maybe the Foundry should be taken offline until this gets fixed. I agree with the point that it might upset some authors if all of a sudden all their teleports break again, especially those authors that used the full budget for them.

My main concern is the apparent ability to still review quests even though reviewing was allegedly disabled.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the kind offer of playing through the quest in its current state, but I don't think it may help.

New reviews seem disabled today. I have gotten more plays, but no new reviews since last night.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Dev Update below: more details on the bug and fix coming to the Forest Looping map tree craziness.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?463111-Foundry-Quest-Destroyed-due-to-Stock-Map-Changes

Darn "social" trees! Who woulda thought Bark-on-bark could be so much trouble? Lol
  • Options
    lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a major issue, when I enter 3d mode and edit mode, I am unable to enter an object's properties when I get the prompt to click on the right button. When I press the right mouse button, nothing happens? Unless I'm missing something, but my mouse is working well and I expect to edit the properties itself while in 3d edit mode, properties like when an object appears/disappears etc..? Please, if anyone can help me with this or clarify it for me, or else I would think it's a bug.
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
  • Options
    elfwadelfwad Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We're still waiting for a Teleporter fix, correct?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    elfwad wrote: »
    We're still waiting for a Teleporter fix, correct?

I think they have been fixed -- I tried one of my republished quests (Old Magic) which has alot of teleporters in it and they were all fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks. I don't know how i missed that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm using the Chasm Portal 01 and, after republishing, it still is not fixed. I tested the Magic Portal Purple, too (without publishing), and it behaves the same way. Perhaps all the swirly portals do.

I don't know what the problem was with the other portals, but the spawn point on these has been moved to just below the middle of the visual effect instead of being at the bottom. Portals that looked like they were above ground now look almost half buried. Moving the portal 6 feet upward so that the visual effect is above ground causes players to spawn 6 feet in the air.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Cheers!

Just logged in to my quest A Missing Man (NW-DIVDJMFXJ).

Had a "bad" review, that pointed out my teleporter was broken.

Went in to Foundry and found that the teleporter was in fact still broken.

Have fixed, because Cryptic clearly hadn't bothered.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just logged in to my quest A Missing Man (NW-DIVDJMFXJ).

Had a "bad" review, that pointed out my teleporter was broken.

Went in to Foundry and found that the teleporter was in fact still broken.

Have fixed, because Cryptic clearly hadn't bothered.

All The Best

Hey ronin. Last week or so, authors were told by Cryptic to fix and republish their quests - glad to see you have done this now :)
  • Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013
    Trishani, I'm looking forward to playing your quest at some point. I'll keep checking back. In my case, both times I've teleported directly into a tree and been unable to leave it. The funniest part, although a little nerve-wracking, is that my Feywild hound puppy had a fit when I was stuck. Growling! Barking! Aggressive posturing! I looked at it and thought, "How can you tell I'm in distress? You're pixels! I'm pixels! The tree--we're all computer generated. Please, calm down. I have to think how to get out of this tree!" Neither stuck or killme worked (yes, self-inflicted injury AND still in a tree trunk) so I teleported out after filing a ticket. I'll try again in a few days.
  • Options
    zhroomsterzhroomster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just noticed Bill's Tavern was back over 15min & qualifies for daily again so I tried it ... teleporters not working. severe disappointment. :(
    It seems like most problems I've seen are just a matter of 10' up or down ... having the same problem with invisible walls in my quest
    (NW-DKVQRY47E "Young Tim's Dilemma") and wondering if it's related?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zhroomster wrote: »
    It seems like most problems I've seen are just a matter of 10' up or down ... having the same problem with invisible walls in my quest (NW-DKVQRY47E "Young Tim's Dilemma") and wondering if it's related?

Invisible walls have differing "centerpoint" locations. Some are at the "bottom" edge of the wall and some are dead center and some are on a bottom corner. Just to keep authors tearing their hair out. What good fun those devs have!
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm having trouble with the "stairs" teleporter. I put them where I want them, but in 3D view they are shifted over. I fix them in 3D and then reload the map. They go right back to the wrong place.

Here's the kicker: In 2D they are exactly where I want them, so I have no idea what's up nor anyway to fix this that I can see. Anyone else having this problem before I post in the bug forum?
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melinden wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with the "stairs" teleporter. I put them where I want them, but in 3D view they are shifted over. I fix them in 3D and then reload the map. They go right back to the wrong place.

Here's the kicker: In 2D they are exactly where I want them, so I have no idea what's up nor anyway to fix this that I can see. Anyone else having this problem before I post in the bug forum?

I am having this issue with the ladder teleport... and most teleports don't stick where I want them. When adjusting in 3D edit, the interact boxes are moved far afield of where the actual interact/portal is usable.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I still have trouble with teleporters, even if they're in radians, specifically with the invisible orb one, my character never appears in the direction I want him to XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    tiszapatiszapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this problem still exist? I just tried to create a map with bunch of teleporters in it, and despite all my efforts, none of the teleporters shows in 3d.

Additionally, the path the player walks is in the air along with the teleporters, checked the Y coordinates multiple times, adjusted it to zero altitude, geometry... still nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    They supposedly fixed something about teleporters in the feywild release -- it might have only been using degrees instead of radians for rotation -- and I believe you also cannot tilt them up/down from horizontal entry/exit. They still seem to be about 40'-50' offset on the height (Y) axis.