test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fastest way to level Ioun Stone of Allure?

kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bout to buy one of these sucker's. Wondering which foundry is best to do or if there is another method to level this thing to max ASAP.

I'm a CW.
Post edited by kgrizzle22 on

Comments

• Options
    bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Don't bother doing foundry. Do Sharandar daily quests instead, they give craploads of exp. If you didnt finish the questline in whispering caverns go there, also quick as hell.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Don't bother doing foundry. Do Sharandar daily quests instead, they give craploads of exp. If you didnt finish the questline in whispering caverns go there, also quick as hell.

Yea, I finished whispering caverns unfortunately...beside Sharandar dailies do you recommend anything else? I imagine that could take several days since I can't repeat them...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sharandar dailies will level pets in a flash. Even the Midsummer Festival dailies offer a fair chunk of XP for little effort at max level.

Personally, I capped out with a ton of zone questing unfinished, so I've had those to draw on for pet levelling as well.

Keep it summoned when you do Leadership stuff and invoke as well.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree, Sharandar is the way to go. Just make sure you also put some training runestones in there. You can overwrite them later at no cost.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I agree, Sharandar is the way to go. Just make sure you also put some training runestones in there. You can overwrite them later at no cost.

Ahhhh great call.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    Yea, I finished whispering caverns unfortunately...beside Sharandar dailies do you recommend anything else? I imagine that could take several days since I can't repeat them...

You say that as if that's a bad thing. It's not meant to be instantaneous. Several days is pretty good... I think mine took 3-4 days or something.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    Bout to buy one of these sucker's. Wondering which foundry is best to do or if there is another method to level this thing to max ASAP.

I'm a CW.

The Foundry has tags now, so if you select 'combat focus' you should be sorted. I did 1-20 on skirmishes (Call to Arms) and Foundry quests in a weekend, pre-patch.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    prayer and leadership xp also work toward your pet. If you focus on XP giving leadership instead of AD rewards for a few days, you can get a surprising amount of xp in a 24 hour period assuming you have worked on leadership somewhere along the way (have some guys, have slots open, can do at least rank 12 tasks)

Note that praying in the bar in PE or other areas where you get the message "your pets cannot help you here" will NOT give you the XP. Nor will turn-in of leadership! DO NOT DO THEM INSIDE THOSE AREAS.

Shar quests are great; hopefully by now you can do the first 2 areas daily which is a ton of xp.

Other than that, just kill stuff. A couple of hours of killing the weak mobs in the shar areas or maybe even festival trolls and powries for example.
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do Dailies > Unifinished Zones > Foundry (Esp during +50% exp hour) > Leadership > Invocation > Grinding mobs.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's foolish not to do foundries if you want to powerlevel it. Do foundries, AND Sharandar. You can search for "AoE" or "farm". There are a few foundries with 50 mobs/pack you can do quick. Just control them to smithereens and blast them with OF. 4 minutes/run, going from level 24 to 25 in 15 mins. Some AoE farming foundries even count towards the daily.

So foundries are the way to go if you want to powerlevel it in a day or two to unlock all slots, since Sharandar's offer while very good, is limited to daily runs.

Also don't send the stone to train only when you go to sleep or will be offline for a few hours. Keep it with you so it can get Xp for all the mobs you kill, it will accumulate levels, but they will stay locked until training is complete.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you're gonna do foundries do ones that count for the daily, and try to do them during the "foundry" event, which gives extra XP. Even better if you get the Lord daily foundry quest. That will level pets real quick. I agree though, do Shandalar and summerfest quests first, good XP there.