test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really 20 lockboxes feywild ones in about an hour

lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I got 20 feywild boxes in an hour. What a joke they must be really needing to sell keys. Which most would say keys are the best selllers.

Come on 20 in a hour at a lvl 30 area.

Whats most you guys found in hour?
Post edited by lostmarbleshere on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have no idea because I haven't been counting them, but this was mentioned in a recent set of patch notes, that minion monsters could now drop lockboxes instead of them only dropping from the champion types.

Yes, it has created a noticeably increased drop rate. I get the impression that most players actually don't buy keys though, and even less now because the boxes are perceived as even less valuable due to the increased drops.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I used to just drop all lockboxes till someone told me they can be sold in the AH for around 100. Haven't got many more after I decided to stop throwing them away XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They increased to drop rate of zen boxes. This is what caused nightmare thursday they accidentally increased the drop rate on both.
    I'm dropping so many boxes from mobs I'm constantly dodging just so I don't auto pick that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up. lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Easy way to deal with it is to stop seeing boxes as something you "have" to open. Honestly, I don't even notice them anymore. And with the auto-pickup and large stack sizes, there's no need to dodge them, or think about them, or anything. They're just background noise that doesn't register. /shrug
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I used to invest $10/$20 every week to open boxes, but after Nightmare Thursday, I just don't give a **** anymore.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't see this as any more an issue then green or blue items dropping and "tempting" me to spend AD to ID them. The boxes are just trash loot no different then any other. No one is raging about the drop rate of blues increasing, and they are dropping fast enough to also be near worthless.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is always taking an inventory slot, and it's quite irritating. If i ever want to open a lockbox, trust me, i will do it, but that doesn't mean i want to pick hundreds of boxes. At least, they could remove the auto loot feature...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is always taking an inventory slot, and it's quite irritating. If i ever want to open a lockbox, trust me, i will do it, but that doesn't mean i want to pick hundreds of boxes. At least, they could remove the auto loot feature...

That would be a plus. Junk is junk, we shouldnt be forced to pick it up.

The real funny thing is, according to news on the preview server. The drop rate is going to increase yet again. And festival Kobolds and Trolls will also now have a chance to drop them.

Its not something that bothers me much. But its going to be like giving gasoline to pyros when the angry mob gets wind of this.
  • Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013
    I'm still a relatively new player--my one character is now level 31--and I enjoyed opening my first 20 or so lockboxes. Were I to get about 10 a week I would probably open them all as they dropped; I think the Astral Resonators are clever and I'm stashing some Feywild stuff that I assume will make sense to me later. Then the drop rate surged and Cryptic has inadvertently (I presume) created a climate in which I am perfectly content to wait to open them or possibly not to open them at all. There's just so **** many of 'em. I can't imagine myself sitting around with 51 keys and chugging through all those boxes...that would be a grim, largely fruitless, slog.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just throw mine in the guild bank. Out of sight, out of mind with them.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    hwlrmnky wrote: »
    I'm still a relatively new player--my one character is now level 31--and I enjoyed opening my first 20 or so lockboxes. Were I to get about 10 a week I would probably open them all as they dropped; I think the Astral Resonators are clever and I'm stashing some Feywild stuff that I assume will make sense to me later. Then the drop rate surged and Cryptic has inadvertently (I presume) created a climate in which I am perfectly content to wait to open them or possibly not to open them at all. There's just so **** many of 'em. I can't imagine myself sitting around with 51 keys and chugging through all those boxes...that would be a grim, largely fruitless, slog.

This is what i hate about F2P it tricks people into buying these things. Stop waisting money on the game like this. Its called micro transactions its the bases of a F2P game. its how they make money. That and many other false hopes and tricks.
    Dont spend another dime on the game please. The reason they are dropping so much right now is they need more people like you to get tricked into the gamble of a lockbox.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They increased to drop rate of zen boxes. This is what caused nightmare thursday they accidentally increased the drop rate on both.
    I'm dropping so many boxes from mobs I'm constantly dodging just so I don't auto pick that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up. lol

Nightmare Thursday was an increase in the drop rate of the top prize, not the drop rate of the Nightmare lockbox in itself.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i don't know why this upsets players. it's a feature that is not required to further yourself in the game. if you don't want them, don't collect them. if you accidentally walk over one, simply discard it. no harm, no foul.
  • Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It's a gamble. Some people win big, others don't. I have opened about 20-25, and have gotten squat. I am mostly a PVP player and so the ROI (return on investment) is nil. I think now I have wasted a couple hundred thousand on keys. I could have upgraded to some rank 7's with that. They really screw you over in my opinion.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PW really needs to adjust Zen prices for keys, they really not have hit the sweet spot. Bought ten keys yesterday, opened 7 - SQUAT! Sold one more for gold (it might be useful one day).

Zen prices need to be lowered 60% and I think they will find they sell a boat load more...
  • Options
    kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lordcessna wrote: »
    PW really needs to adjust Zen prices for keys, they really not have hit the sweet spot. Bought ten keys yesterday, opened 7 - SQUAT! Sold one more for gold (it might be useful one day).

Zen prices need to be lowered 60% and I think they will find they sell a boat load more...

yeaaa,not gonna happen:P
    cause when everything would be cheaper,more ppl would get the items/stuff they need a LOT faster and then there would be no reason to spend more.
    and when u got all the top stuff,there isnt really much to do in this game:)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    lordcessna wrote: »

Ahhhhhhhh..... Even you buying 10 keys is bad enough. LOL you are like most people they get tricked into thinking that opening the boxes is a good idea. NOT. They dont care about lowering the cost of the keys people like you buy them anyway.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I did leave a spot for it in my inventory. When it gets to the cap I will discard it and start again.

If the bag of holes actually work, that probably would be the spot.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This is what i hate about F2P it tricks people into buying these things. Stop waisting money on the game like this. Its called micro transactions its the bases of a F2P game. its how they make money. That and many other false hopes and tricks.
    Dont spend another dime on the game please. The reason they are dropping so much right now is they need more people like you to get tricked into the gamble of a lockbox.

I understand where you are coming from, I think, but I opened the lockboxes with full knowledge of the mechanics of F2P psychology/economics. I think at a lower drop rate I'd have kept opening them because it amused me and as a new player I could use everything that came out of them. Eventually, I'd probably have slowed my open rate because I'd start to see sameness in the content. However, I'm not philosophically opposed to spending money in a FTP game. I'm curious, do you object to monetization in general or the "F2P" label in specific?
  • Options
    springmeadowspringmeadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited September 2013
    Besides the resonators there is nothing in the feywild lockboxes that I want. Neither the companion or mount are interesting and the rest is junk...to me at least. That's why no one is buying keys.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Lock boxes = Scratch off Lottery Tickets.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    dar981dar981 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As a new player, I have a hundred boxes already, I loot so many, but I have no way to open them in game, I cant afford the keys either, I simply dont have the time each day to run the dailies as they take too long. I play for about 2 hours a day, pick up anywhere from 10-20 boxes and have to face the fact I will never be able to buy enough keys to open even 1/10th of them. The auction house prices for items including keys are so high, I have begun to taper off the time i spend in the game as its simply not worth the effort anymore...

I was enjoying the game until I realised the auction house prices, key prices, dye prices, equipment prices, companion upgrade prices are simply steering me away from the game more and more...

if you are a dedicated player with lots of time on your hands, I am sure you will do fine, casual playing always takes longer. I dont mind the work, if theres a goal in sight, but 100s of boxes makes it a rather frustrating one...

Ironically I see this as the developers idea of trying to limit farming of AD and credit/gold farmers, but I would think with the prices so high, it must be pushing people to actually use credit/gold farmers to get items as its actually cheaper in some instances to get the item you want that way..thats a really bad way to do business...
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The increased drop rate in my opinion is way to high now. Hopefully they will adjust it asap.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Lock boxes = Scratch off Lottery Tickets.

I can see that analogy considering the game as a whole. Thing is as a new player it was actually Lock Box = equals enchantments I could use. But then, I'm not young or impressionable and I didn't open each box hoping for a mount. I might, however, buy a mount someday. If they come out with one I want. Currently, I'm preoccupied by pigs.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    basically there is no reason anymore that lockboxes drop. they drop so often that everyone that wants to open one will have a lot anyway. basically they could sell the key along with the lockbox directly in the store and stop dropping it. now it even drops with the kobolds in midsummer festival.