test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession impossible to level simultaneously with the character without zeny.

alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The objective of the professions is to allow the player to create items that use. In any MMORPG the system of profession is less painful than NW, despite the leveling being based on time and not just drop the reagents. Someone explain to me the logic of sacrifice 4 assets to create one. Occurs a fusion ritual or what?
I make this suggestion because the current system of professions packs penalizes normal and honest players, but allows to use multiple accounts alts just to make workers and save several hours.
My suggestion is that the professions packs provide only reagents and the rare items to be made ​​with really high reward XP. I know why the guys makes 10 accounts alts to get the first worker in 5s or increase the number of slots just to make workers.
Post edited by alderonthedraco on

Comments

• Options
    rokoilrokoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Your title is misleading. You say its "impossible" then move on to explain how it is possible. You can do anything in this game without spending real money, however, you will have to put in more time.

Cant folks be grateful for a cool, free game, without whining about not enough stuff being free? Real world money buys you time in this game, nothing else. Get a job and spend your money on Zen if you want to minimize the hours of grinding.
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    rokoil wrote: »
    Your title is misleading. You say its "impossible" then move on to explain how it is possible. You can do anything in this game without spending real money, however, you will have to put in more time.

Cant folks be grateful for a cool, free game, without whining about not enough stuff being free? Real world money buys you time in this game, nothing else. Get a job and spend your money on Zen if you want to minimize the hours of grinding.

Honestly if I did not I put even money in the game is because I am in doubt whether it is worth the investment. I have this account a month, but I follow the forum daily and see the amount of bugs and gameplay issues that are claimed. Like I said if the RARE items give MORE XP and professions packs give the reagents for RARE ITEMS, paying players have faster access to better items professions while increasing your lvl faster. There is no reason for the penalty in time of creation in assets; just improve the the amount of XP of rare items and decrease the drop of RARE reagents to the players buy the profession pack.
    PS: Also what I said is a tactic to circumvent the system. No player can use it because it is somehow trickery. I do not even use, despite the will.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And the overall issue with crafting is that you'll find better gear faster via adventuring that you will trying to make it, regardless of the money you spend (or not).
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can get plenty of rare crafting materials (the blue crystals) by harvesting skill nodes during the professions event. They'll drop outside that time as well, but more drops means greater probability. You don't have to buy packs for them at all. (Let's not talk about dragon eggs.)

But the absolute fastest and most economical way to level professions isn't by doing rare tasks at all, but by making endless non-enchanted pants/shirts and selling them to a vendor (AH is flooded with them anyway). All this costs you is the coal/thread/salt bought for coppers from the professions vendor. It's fairly boring, but effective.

It's not difficult to get enough crystals for personal use for yourself/alts just from drops, and never ever use magical materials for levelling crafting unless it is currently profitable to be selling a particular item you can make.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can get plenty of rare crafting materials (the blue crystals) by harvesting skill nodes during the professions event. They'll drop outside that time as well, but more drops means greater probability. You don't have to buy packs for them at all. (Let's not talk about dragon eggs.)

But the absolute fastest and most economical way to level professions isn't by doing rare tasks at all, but by making endless non-enchanted pants/shirts and selling them to a vendor (AH is flooded with them anyway). All this costs you is the coal/thread/salt bought for coppers from the professions vendor. It's fairly boring, but effective.

It's not difficult to get enough crystals for personal use for yourself/alts just from drops, and never ever use magical materials for levelling crafting unless it is currently profitable to be selling a particular item you can make.

Pants/Shirts is good if you can afford the materials, but I prefer the totally free method of using the deep wilderness gathering jobs (100xp/hr and you only have to maintain it 3 times a day)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, that also works, at a slightly lower rate of XP gain. I mix those in to the rotation depending what suits me at the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia