test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strange Character sheet and confirmation box issues.

deganjideganji Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm having some odd issues with the game.

When I try to drag an item from my character sheet to my inventory, the entire character sheet drags along with the item. I can only equip and unequip with the right click menu, game still playable but a little bit annoying.

On to my other issue.

The confirmation boxes aren't working correctly for me. As an example, I buy something off the auction house, and it asks me if I'm sure I want to buy it. I say yes and go to the mailbox to get my item. I get my item out of the mail then try to delete the mail. I get a confirmation box asking me if I want to buy the item. Strange. If I try again, it will still ask if I want to buy the item. If I move the mail window, it will then ask me if I want to delete the mail.

Another example, I send my companion off to train. I wait in queue for a bit and the do you want to train box keeps popping up. No queue pops, so I decide to quest. I ride up to the gate and interact with it. The map opens, I click my destination, and it asks me if I want to rush training. I wasted AD on a companion I was just testing out.

And it just hit me, the rush training window that keep popping up? That was my dungeon queue popping...

I see no other reports of this, so it must just be me. Tried verifying files and it didn't help. Any idea how to fix this without uninstalling the game and re-downloading again? Had to download three times before it installed correctly, not wanting to go thru that again. Not trying to sound angry, I really do love the game, been wanting combat like this for a long time. Want to get this straightened out before I drop some cash on it.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Post edited by deganji on

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not your exact issue, but someone else was having similar weirdness with the character sheet. Something is bugged with equipping in character sheets now that wrecks everything else until restarting the game. It's like it throws all the boxes wildly out of sequence so that it asks for confirmation for actions you've already moved on from instead of for the current action you're trying to do.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?471661-Equipping-and-Gemming-Gear-Broken

That player got the weirdness to stop by exiting and going back into the game, then just not using the character sheet for anything.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    leelee28leelee28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the SAME issues. I just lost 5000 AD because I was trying to equip boots and instead of getting the "are you sure...boots will be bound to character...wont be able to sell" pop up, I got the rush training on my companion pop up. Hit OK before I realized... I am very frustrated with this. I also get pop ups when ever I change areas for equipping the last items I equipped over and over again. Also, when I try to log out, I will get a pop up window about equipping items. Very weird.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's not really a fix, but the only thing I can suggest is not equipping items through the character sheet since that seems to set off further wackiness. The latest patch was supposed to make it so we couldn't do that anymore (see the thread that I linked above for explanation), but instead it seems to have bugged out so that it sets off a chain of insanity when you attempt to equip through the character sheet.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    It's not really a fix, but the only thing I can suggest is not equipping items through the character sheet since that seems to set off further wackiness. The latest patch was supposed to make it so we couldn't do that anymore (see the thread that I linked above for explanation), but instead it seems to have bugged out so that it sets off a chain of insanity when you attempt to equip through the character sheet.

Yeah, thanks for that link, same issue I'm having. It broke my character sheet completely. Can't even remove or equip bound items to it now. Exiting doesn't fix the confirmation boxes, what a mess.
    Bind on Equip items may no longer be equipped to the character through the character inspect widow.

As a rogue who wants to put some daggers I get into my off hand, I'd just like to say that the genius that thought up this should be fired. Seriously, beaten first then fired. What's the point of that? What the heck does this "feature" even fix?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ...yeah, I haven't leveled my TR since the patch went live. I equip daggers through his character sheet so I can control which stats I gain / lose from the previous weapon. This isn't going to work well at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Fingers crossed we at least get a "we know about it". Hate being in the dark. Just want to play the game.
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm having this issue, as well. Any one have any tricks on how to equip a ring on the Left Finger? >.>
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I tried it and couldn't do it. Very annoying because the new ring I have is a better version of the ring on my DC's left hand, and I can't swap it -- it has to go on the right hand, which I don't want to replace because the stats are totally different. -.-

Cryptic please fix this. It shouldn't be too hard. D:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    I'm having this issue, as well. Any one have any tricks on how to equip a ring on the Left Finger? >.>

Go to your off hand weapon or left ring, right click and unequip it. Then use empty slots drop down menu and equip the new item from the list. Only way I've found to do it.

If this is the way they really intended for things to work, we need an entirely new character sheet or new way of right clicking an item to equip.

Don't see why it was changed in the first place, really strange decision. I'd love a response on why it had to be changed when it works so well in every other MMO. It's what we are used to being able to do, we can't be the only ones getting this bug.
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    deganji wrote: »
    Go to your off hand weapon or left ring, right click and unequip it. Then use empty slots drop down menu and equip the new item from the list. Only way I've found to do it.

If this is the way they really intended for things to work, we need an entirely new character sheet or new way of right clicking an item to equip.

Don't see why it was changed in the first place, really strange decision. I'd love a response on why it had to be changed when it works so well in every other MMO. It's what we are used to being able to do, we can't be the only ones getting this bug.

Thanks, I'll try that. With anything equipped, it sure does not work in the manner you described (just equips to the wrong hand >.>)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, so, I somehow managed to delete a message with an attachment of Sunite pants I had dyed on one character to send to another character because of this bug. Not pleased.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have this aswell, lost abou 200k ad this week, first time, lost 100k training a phoera... 100k today trying to buy 300 zen for a respec token, ad dissapeard and i got no zen, it respeced my feats i guess