test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipping and Gemming Gear Broken

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ok, getting all kinds of weird things going on with gear.

Trying to drag an upgrade to the slot on the character sheet asks me if I'm sure. Neck slot. Popup comes up telling me I'm going to bind it. I click ok, but nothing happens. I try again and visually they switch.

At this point I see the old equipped item in my bag. The new one on my character. I right click the slotted item and select enchant. Then drag a gem to its slot. At this point I notice the items icon suddenly changes to the old one. And the one in my bag switched back to the new.

The gem is now in the old item instead of the new. I try to cancel it, but I keep getting a popup asking me if I'm sure I want to bind the item. But mousing over both items shows they are already bound. And anyway I'm just trying not to waste my gem.

Finally got that to close. And now it seems I can't drag a new item over an old one to replace them anymore.
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After that I had the new item in my inventory and tried to just add a gem to it. I had to try 4 times before it succeeded. The first three times, when I clicked the 'enchant' button to confirm the changes it would instead ask me if I was sure I wanted to cancel.

Trying to drag an upgrade to an empty slot (armor slot) on the character sheet also took 4 tries. Popup asking me if I was sure showed up each time. But the item stayed in my inventory. And when I left the foundry I was in... I got another popup asking me if I was sure I wanted to equip it when I loaded into PE.
    edited August 2013
    Ok, here's another one. I went to one of the vendors to buy some stuff. Double clicking an item to buy it doesn't work the first time. The second time I get a popup again asking me if I am sure I want to equip the robe I mentioned before. (I was buying an orb.) Since I couldn't double click to buy I tried to click the item, then noticed that the screen had a claim button instead of a buy button.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    then noticed that the screen had a claim button instead of a buy button.

This was true prior to today's patch. All vendors appear to say "claim" rather than "buy" even though the rest of the transaction has been fairly standard for me (buying ID scrolls for ADs, solvents for coppers, etc.).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2013
    This was true prior to today's patch. All vendors appear to say "claim" rather than "buy" even though the rest of the transaction has been fairly standard for me (buying ID scrolls for ADs, solvents for coppers, etc.).

I wish mine was being standard. I went to change characters... I hit escape and click the change character button. It then gives me a popup asking me if I'm sure I want to sell this unidentified item. ROFL.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You are making me dread trying to play later, curse you. (I kid about the cursing part.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2013
    You are making me dread trying to play later, curse you. (I kid about the cursing part.)

Its probably not as bad as I make things sound.

I used ctrl+alt+del to exit the game. When I got back in things were normal. Until I tried to equip a piece of gear by dragging it over another. Then things got wacky again.

I see it in the patch notes now:
    Bind on Equip items may no longer be equipped to the character through the character inspect widow.

The thing is that they still can equip this way, it just breaks stuff now. I wonder why they tried to change it.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Its probably not as bad as I make things sound.

I used ctrl+alt+del to exit the game. When I got back in things were normal. Until I tried to equip a piece of gear by dragging it over another. Then things got wacky again.

I see it in the patch notes now:

The thing is that they still can equip this way, it just breaks stuff now. I wonder why they tried to change it.

It used to be inconsistent on whether it would ask if you were sure that you wanted to equip the item, so that's probably why. If you dragged an item from the inventory to the slot, it would usually ask if you were sure you wanted to do it. But if you clicked the button next to the slot (the one with the options for Disable Visuals, Change Appearance, equipment suggestions, etc.), it would not prompt you to be sure before equipping the bound item -- it would just do it, so you would have to be careful when you did it.

So that's probably why they changed it, but it seems just to be broken now. My DC has been changing clothes a lot as I gather up level-60 gear for her, so I'm not feeling too good about logging in right now. o.o;
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • leelee28leelee28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to add that I am having the same issue. Wasted 5000 AD because the rush training window popped up instead of the confirm equipping item window. I hit OK before I realized. I really hope this is fixed soon.
  • deganjideganji Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I made a thread about this same issue without seeing this thread. Just wanted to chime in that my UI is completely messed up thanks to this wonderful fix.
    Bind on Equip items may no longer be equipped to the character through the character inspect widow.

As a rogue, who needs to be able to put a weapon in the offhand easily, this is stupid. The genius that thought this up should be beaten, then fired. I've never seen a MMO that you couldn't equip items with drag and drop. What problem does this "feature" fix anyway?

I've had great fun in the past with Cryptic's game. I've also had problems with game breaking bugs and bad customer service. Cryptic, I really want to love you. You put out games that I, as a huge nerd, should adore. Sure hope they iron this out, and hopefully revert this stupid change, so I can give them money and love the game.