test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch notes: NW.5.20130812b.19

2»

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Delzoun GG exploit was fixed but the Luskan wasn't
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PvP Domination: Rogues may no longer get into enemy respawn locations.

Want me to post a screenshot/video of this, as you can still do it, and no idea why you said rogues, any class can do it.

How about you actually fix this, or don't you actually know about the jumping one?!
  • Options
    mmuircastlemmuircastle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It wasn't just Rogues getting into the PVP spawn points.
  • Options
    mmuircastlemmuircastle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's an idea. Get 5 devs to create 5 (one of each class) level 60 character ... have three drop out after the PVP battle begins and the other two just stay in the spawn point. You will be able to WATCH how the other team jumps up into your spawn point and address the issue.
  • Options
    redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still a number of bugs that need to be fixed as others have posted.

I still crashed twice in a two hour period, once in Protector's Enclave and once in Shanandar (spelling?).

Thanks for the free respec that was in the last patch.

Thanks for the summer festival area, looks nice and was fun.

This has the potential to be a very fun and enjoyable game, but give more time to fixing bugs and exploits.

Thanks
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    redyummi wrote: »

This has the potential to be a very fun and enjoyable game, but give more time to fixing bugs and exploits.

Thanks

Hmm , dont hold your breath waiting we still have many bugs, exploits and class items, feats, powes etc etc that dont work properly or dont work at all since beta since beta, lol
  • Options
    cavmedic4481cavmedic4481 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I keep getting a version mismatch message, even though my version reads as the latest. I do what it says, exit and patch. The ARC loader comes up, I select NW, I get a login screen, does a 1.5 second patch, and says play. Rinse repeat. Been happening for the last hour, first time I have tried logging in since maintenance/patch.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sgt. Knox didn't have anything for me about the event, lvl 19 Rogue at the time. I ended up just going to a door to access it.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Good job with the new icons for the world map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    highblazedhighblazed Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hello it's me again. And yes I can go on about some of the game glitches and how every char keeps getting balanced while guardian fighters are given more and more defense and damage while already being able to keep other players on the ground. And yes I can go on about how great weapon's fighter Unstoppable says it makes them immune to control powers but guardian fighters are able to use all their control skills effectively against gwf even with unstoppable and how cleric can use control skills that knock you back even with unstoppable activated. But no I wanted to commend the Cryptic team for at least trying to address players concerns. Especially the exploiters and hackers of the game. Now I know we all missed them for the week or so they weren't showing up in every pvp. And yes it seems that the hackers are back. BUT the simple fast that Cryptic is trying thier best to eliminate these cheaters is something that some other games aren't willing to do. So this post isn't about what's wrong with the game but rather what's wrong with mankind that so many people can't play a simple video game without having to find a way to cheat at it. Just like steriods in sports are people really that low that they can't compete with their own natural ability. And even worse to cheat a video game when you don't get paid to play it. Hackers aren't looked at as if they're some great players they're looked at like they're spoiled little brats that can't even play a video game without cheating. As far as all the real players of the game please report these hackers to the GMs perhaps it takes us to take a stand against these brats so that we can keep the game that we all enjoy. Keep up the good work Cryptic
  • Options
    darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    great post man
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks like some advantageous DC bugs were fixed. Flamestrike crits were not fixed. Heh.

I just saw a dev post on the preview forum that this should be fixed in the patch next week. At least the game crashes that were pothering me were fixed, and the new event is really, really nice - so overall, yeah.... this was a good patch.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kalltorkalltor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You fixed the "enviroment" in Malabog Castle or tried...
    Neither the enviroment or Valindra are fixed. Guess 3rd time is the lucky time...
    Also Draco in Castle Never is still not fixed from last patches.
  • Options
    mrmensamrmensa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just wanna say the game is awesome an i love it more with every update, keep up the good work and dont give into the hate/fear, that leads to the dark side! :)
  • Options
    arielstarshadowarielstarshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sadly, I didn't see a lack of hackers and exploiters for any amount of time, either in PvP, GG, or dungeons. None. So I confess I'm unsure what "time period" you are referring to here, because I never saw it.

Insofar as this patch is concerned: Gauntlgrym Domination: Players should no longer be able to escape the starting areas before the match begins. Well, I'm here to tell you that this is NOT fixed. This morning in the GG match, once again, there were Delzouns out in the GG PvP zone before the gates were down. They were claiming FOUR of the spots the moment the countdown reached zero. FOUR. Not only that, but I frequently see Delzoun folks in other locations (such as on top of high walls) they should not be able to reach.

Right now? Most of the folks I see on the Luskan side don't even try anymore - there's no point. So Luskans struggle, being outnumbered to start (I suspect we have fewer folks doing GG at all these days, thus the reason we frequently end up with 16v20, etc. right from the get-go), dealing with being far behind in points due to the exploiters, and then there are the ones who just stand at the rez point. And sadly, this morning, I finally gave up as well and spent the last few minutes at the rez circle - I can still scarcely believe it. For me, that's really saying something.

Not only have these problems not been fixed (the dungeon exploiting has been around since the game launched, for goodness' sake), but the perpetrators are not punished. And all this does is encourage the exploiters to continue the bad behavior.

There are MASSIVE PvP balance issues that need to be addressed, but those can't even be looked at until and unless the cheating and exploiting is stopped.

Right now, I regret the money I spent on this game. I regret that I cannot receive a refund of any of that money.
    highblazed wrote: »
    Hello it's me again. And yes I can go on about some of the game glitches and how every char keeps getting balanced while guardian fighters are given more and more defense and damage while already being able to keep other players on the ground. And yes I can go on about how great weapon's fighter Unstoppable says it makes them immune to control powers but guardian fighters are able to use all their control skills effectively against gwf even with unstoppable and how cleric can use control skills that knock you back even with unstoppable activated. But no I wanted to commend the Cryptic team for at least trying to address players concerns. Especially the exploiters and hackers of the game. Now I know we all missed them for the week or so they weren't showing up in every pvp. And yes it seems that the hackers are back. BUT the simple fast that Cryptic is trying thier best to eliminate these cheaters is something that some other games aren't willing to do. So this post isn't about what's wrong with the game but rather what's wrong with mankind that so many people can't play a simple video game without having to find a way to cheat at it. Just like steriods in sports are people really that low that they can't compete with their own natural ability. And even worse to cheat a video game when you don't get paid to play it. Hackers aren't looked at as if they're some great players they're looked at like they're spoiled little brats that can't even play a video game without cheating. As far as all the real players of the game please report these hackers to the GMs perhaps it takes us to take a stand against these brats so that we can keep the game that we all enjoy. Keep up the good work Cryptic
  • Options
    kalltorkalltor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [Combat (Self)] Aboleth Servitor deals 18027 (29556) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

Lovely! Great "fix" :) not even critical, eh?
  • Options
    morepowerrmorepowerr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    For a full list of today's patch notes, please click here.

PvP Domination: Rogues are still get into enemy respawn locations. Happen less then 5 min ago.
  • Options
    walldohwalldoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    morepowerr wrote: »
    PvP Domination: Rogues are still get into enemy respawn locations. Happen less then 5 min ago.

It's not just rogues anyone can seemingly get in. However Cryptic DID manage to take away the only line of defense while being spawn camped....where you could hit people (or cc them before they launch into the spawn camp) from inside the safe zone that were camping by standing in a particular spot. I swear they intentionally want to encourage people to spawn camp. I mean really what is the purpose of the stacked just properly rocks so this can happen? What is the purpose of the walls near the spawn points that have just the right angle to be able to get into the spawn point? It's a super duper simple fix....remove the rocks (or move them a few yards back if you are in love with their prettiness) and make the walls flat near the spawn ppoint and for the gauntylgrym pvp, simply make it so nobody can move at all prior to the match. Better yet, if you manage to find yourself inside the enemy spawn camp, you die instantly and get sent back to your own. Instead they try to make a "solution" of limiting only rogues who now can even more easily get to the side of the spawn area and jump over the rock. For the record, I have never even tried to get into the spawn points, but see so many people who continue to do so. I believe they do wish to encourage spawn campers and the total obliteration of your team in pvp when you are simply the victim of a "quit because I can and there's no repercussions" mentality of the player base. It is for this reason primarily that I will no longer play cryptic/PW games. Every game has growing pains, but the ridiculousness of having the possibility of spawn camping from the start was ludicrous and the proposed and attempted fix was partial at best and ineffectual in implementation.
  • Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    mrmensa wrote: »
    I just wanna say the game is awesome an i love it more with every update, keep up the good work and dont give into the hate/fear, that leads to the dark side! :)

Obviously your first ever MMO, and you think this game is great, you got alot to learn my friend

Enjoying it so much you prefer to troll the forums than actually playing it...............
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    morepowerr wrote: »

Definitely not fixed. Anyone can still get in spawn camps and Hotenow. Not sure about Rivenscar. Not sure about the other maps, because there aren't any.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    datuchiedatuchie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how about Frozen heart environment ?
    ahngelwing.jpg
This discussion has been closed.