test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fatal Error: Stuck with Cryptic loading page :/

mcgiver73mcgiver73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all,

i start the launcher correctly but after pushing the play button the game is stuck in the next page with the cryptic name.
After about 1 minute an error occurs and client is closed:

fatal error: unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to patch server. The connection was idle for too long.

I think the game should be on at the moment...

any idea?
Post edited by mcgiver73 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Launcher Error Sticky.

It sounds like you may have this issue.
    For players with a "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" error, please download this file and replace your Neverwinter.exe file with this where you installed the game.

Download link: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe

Moved to Bug Reports.
  • squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, tryed the solution u posted but it didn't work. I played without any problems since yesterday night but this morning i can't pass the cryptic screen.
    lhytav2.png
  • mcgiver73mcgiver73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, same error occurs.

This is the ticket i submitted : 14178516
  • mcgiver73mcgiver73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after 2-3 times now it works.....but queue is 7506......mmmm.....now 196755 honestly im disappointed.
  • squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've tryed since this morning for around 3 houres and now it works, i think it's a random problem. Try to download the exe and run it directly from the installation folder.
    lhytav2.png
    edited May 2013
    ok, i cant play , first the cryptic screen error, then 1 hour queue and then a sudden crash in game, now again crypitc screen error....
    i really hope you are able to fix and face all the problems i read in this forum.

Find a solution please.

And.....the gateway is giving problems too...my jobs are stuck without finishing...
  • yolomageyolomage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, fatal error unable to initialize on-demand ptaching and connect to patch server: connection idle.

None of the fixes in the sticky work for me, i have already tried the downloadable .exe to no effect.

I also have turned OFF on demand patching in the launcher and have downloaded the whole game, keep getting the error.

Was working fine before 05/02 maintenance.
  • mattophattomattophatto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having all the same issues, and no, the new exe isn't available. Really, with a company that has this much experience, this soft launch is going extremely poorly.
  • thebloggsman1605thebloggsman1605 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem, i've tried every method to fix most problems that has been posted on these forums... nothing, no difference.... it's a little annoying that a company that has so many great successful games has a problem like this.... can't someone from the developers team or something give us a solution?
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna try not to double post... Basically, before now I did a system restore to clear any problems that may be blocking the game. I then downloaded it again, but the problem stayed. So today I thought lets just uninstall! Big mistake! The game downloaded very fast (3000 kb/s) but would not patch! Can someone please resolve this problem!
  • yuribabeyuribabe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem after today's patch - game worked fine before, now crashes out of cryptic screen with the message cited in this thread
    edited May 2013
    **SOULUTION FOUND**

I have found A solution, and it's not the best one.... Basically the problem is that your computer's firewall has blocked Neverwinter from going online. Now you can try and figure out how to access this, like me, and have it not work. (Or you might be a computer wiz and have it work in seconds) anyway, I tried to allow access through my firewall... Nothing happened. So I did this feature which I know is on windows 8, but I'm not sure about the other editions of windows. I did a computer refresh, which resets all setting to default, and wipes off all non default program's. However this feature does leave files on your computer. Either way this is very annoying as you'd have to re-download all of your program's D: Despite this, neverwinter is now working. I know this solution may not be ideal for everyone which is why this is only A solution. Either way the problem is that your firewall is blocking neverwinter from accessing the Internet

Hope this helps! :)
  • dbdgirldbdgirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is true disabling fire wall does alow game to start , however even after adding excemptions to firewall once firewall is re-enabled it won't connect again, not sure y this is and not willing to leave firewall off to play , this must be some error or somthing odd the game is doing making this happen for so many to have this same issue
  • virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dbdgirl wrote: »
    this is true disabling fire wall does alow game to start , however even after adding excemptions to firewall once firewall is re-enabled it won't connect again, not sure y this is and not willing to leave firewall off to play , this must be some error or somthing odd the game is doing making this happen for so many to have this same issue

yet its now 8/2013 and still no resolution
    ticket 14178516
    and other tickets same dam problem and the last folks in admin will not address this!

I guess I will no longer support your asses and I will demand my creditcard refund my purchases of the
    hero of north, and many zen purschases being you will not get off your asses and fix this...
    I was playing great till today.....
    you have till 5pm est 08/04/13.then ill be contacting my credit card company and demanding all money be refunded
    cause clearly this site and the makers of this game are just ripping me off...
  • tokeahontastokeahontas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yet its now 8/2013 and still no resolution
    ticket 14178516
    and other tickets same dam problem and the last folks in admin will not address this!

I guess I will no longer support your asses and I will demand my creditcard refund my purchases of the
    hero of north, and many zen purschases being you will not get off your asses and fix this...
    I was playing great till today.....
    you have till 5pm est 08/04/13.then ill be contacting my credit card company and demanding all money be refunded
    cause clearly this site and the makers of this game are just ripping me off...

I've had the same exact problem. I'm so over this game and the lack of support for it. I just downloaded the game and spent literally all day yesterday trying to make it run. The support team sucks, probably that fantastic Chinese hospitality we've all heard so much about. Just a heads up- if you're going to make a game where people can buy stuff before even playing, you better make sure the game ACTUALLY ****ING WORKS?!?!
  • fireyquestfireyquest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You probably have Verizon. I was having this problem, and after reading about Verizon's block I downloaded a VPN and now I can play.
  • netcitinetciti Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    have the same problem now, it happened after i queued in for Skirmish then it downloaded something which took so long that i decided to end the client prematurely.. whats odd is that i have a backup of the client which is 1 update late than the one that screwed up, but when i tried to use it rather than the one that screwed up it acted the same after it got patched...
  • chr15bchr15b Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same problem. Cant get past the CRYPTIC loading screen. :(
  • avamaxxavamaxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fck! 4 days without playing. cant log in. i got this cryptic launcher autoupdate error. says unable to establish connection to patch server. dammit.. any solution?
    YOUR DOWNFALL IS MY GAIN.
  • mddoughtsmddoughts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having the same error. My problem is that when I tried to download neverwinter from the EXE it wouldn't run. I don't know if it is windows eight or what, but it just will not run.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Closed for Necromancy.
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.