test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Midsummer profession bug

svauntsvaunt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Midsummer profession failed to level up after hiring the Sunite Acolyte. Items were received but never advanced to level 1. Profession bug is back.
Post edited by svaunt on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Svaunt, did this happen in-game or via Gateway? Just for information's sake.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • svauntsvaunt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Via the gateway
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you. Sorry you're stuck for the moment, but I appreciate the information. I'll make sure I do my hiring in-game.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this isn't a bug. you need to be introduced to the midsummer profession through the in-game quests in order to progress.
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    this isn't a bug. you need to be introduced to the midsummer profession through the in-game quests in order to progress.

Umm... explain plz... because maybe i did that and still am stuck????
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    meaning that you cannot start the midsummer profession until you go in-game to the midsummer event and are introduced to it through the series of quests. where you have to tour around and talk to different people that explain the event in greater detail. the quest is actually to hire your first sunite acolyte.

if you go into professions before even going to the event map, the midsummer profession is listed there and the option to hire the acolyte is present, but once you complete it there will be no more options in there... until you go and complete the aforementioned quest.

i hope that helps. :)
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    meaning that you cannot start the midsummer profession until you go in-game to the midsummer event and are introduced to it through the series of quests. where you have to tour around and talk to different people that explain the event in greater detail. the quest is actually to hire your first sunite acolyte.

if you go into professions before even going to the event map, the midsummer profession is listed there and the option to hire the acolyte is present, but once you complete it there will be no more options in there... until you go and complete the aforementioned quest.

i hope that helps. :)

No help but tnx. What you are missing is all that has been done but when i hired the acolyte via the gateway, i got everything to include the 1 xp but the profession never advanced to level 1 from level 0
  • maxwellkentmaxwellkent Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    svaunt wrote: »
    No help but tnx. What you are missing is all that has been done but when i hired the acolyte via the gateway, i got everything to include the 1 xp but the profession never advanced to level 1 from level 0

This is exactly what happened to me as well. I was one short of advancing to level 2. It SAYS I have 100 Midsummer Provisioning xp, but doesn't allow me to do any of the level 2 missions or advance beyond 1.