test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One more nerf to Cleric : Forgemaster Flame. GG devs.

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well, in PvP you'd use it on the dude smashing you, since if they ran away...dude isn't smashing you, and if they kept smashing you...they're also healing you. It was win/win.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Modimor, if you like the recent patch, I'm happy for you, but not every cleric likes to be a healbot only.Of course I heal most dungeons, but there are other things like, lets say, the new skirmish, where if you have to heal at all, it means your team is rather weak. And just out of curiosity, what do you use when running solo? Because a) sunburst nerfed (doesnt hurt me so much since I was using it for toss mostly, but hey, its one of our not so numerous dmg skills), b) HoF nerfed to the point its just a waist of slot, c)Flame strike was weak as for daily and now it doesnt crit d) FF heal nerfed... well its heal was nice in dungeons, less when solo, but nvm

I just wanted to point out, that DCs are nerfed and nerfed, and then even more nerfed. And then ninja-nerfed. And it is not the end of nerfing.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DC needs to be buffed now. All additional effects currently proc only in divinity should be proc in normal mode too. Divinity should increase simply the effect based on how much divinity is used. 1 point divinty: 25%, 2 points divinity 50%, 3 points divinity 75% and 4 points ... yes, 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're not selling enough healing stones in the zen store. That's why clerics keep getting nerfed. There is no other plausible explanation. When logic and reason fail, look elsewhere for your answer. Namely the zen store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'm thinking the same thinks. since almost no one was using healing stone, they prob cut the healing skill of the DC. Why we don't simply stop use all our DC until the DEV will say someting about all that ninja nerf or bug? Can be an idea. If there no DC in the whole server, no one will do dungeons so all the people will care a lil more about us
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When my logic fails I like to rely on conspiracy theories.
    10PM CST

edited August 2013
    not a cospiracy, simply all the DC stop do dungeon so they will care about us a lil
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, but in that case couldnt they buff our dmg skillls or defence? Bet that would make the number of healers decrease significantly. Actually, these nerfs make more clerics go for healing only (since we cant do anything else, at least not very good).
  • shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    i'm thinking the same thinks. since almost no one was using healing stone, they prob cut the healing skill of the DC. Why we don't simply stop use all our DC until the DEV will say someting about all that ninja nerf or bug? Can be an idea. If there no DC in the whole server, no one will do dungeons so all the people will care a lil more about us

You know I thought it was for the res scrolls but healing stones makes so much more sense.
    edited August 2013
    Heal or not, we can't heal too :/ the only things we can do is to be the next training dummy. Can be a good idea to stop play the DC on dungeon, so all will care a lil about us, but we have to take it all togheter and do it until the DEV will listen us.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just go all out dps with maybe some damage mitigation and forget the healing. Why not? The other classes don't really need us to heal them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reshaimreshaim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    not a cospiracy, simply all the DC stop do dungeon so they will care about us a lil
    What about something like a whole week-end iqith DC not joining other classes in any kind of event?
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so do we know that this FF ninja nerf is not a bug because if it was not a bug, but a nerf on the ability, shouldn't the other toons still heal 40% more than the DC, i.e. there is a new value and rightousness is applied to that value?

If everyone is getting healed for the same amount, that should indicate that rightousness is not accidentaly being applied across the board, i.e. everyone is getting the -40% a DC gets.

I have noticed everything seems uch harder on my DC since Fey launched. i assumed they made the content more difficult. But FF is one of my go to heals so this makes sense.

As someone that does development for a living, I can understand why a dev does not rush to the boards to give an explaination. I never will confirm a bug to a user until I have fully researched what has happened and have discussed with the team how we want to address it.

I hope they do fix this though. DC is one of my least favorite classes to play (GWF might be my least fav) and i have run a healer as my main in most mmos i play. I like to heal, and i am not a battle cleric, but it is not work to play this class and soloing the new content takes almost 2x the time on my DC as it does on my other toons... and i die more on my dc...
    edited August 2013
    why only a weak. we can simply stop use the DC until a dev reply to us. i think's in a weak there will be a rage of the whole server because no one will doing dungeon, so no AD gain or gold. you will only see people do pvp until the deth. Can be a nice punishment, because no one care about the DC, but if you try to reduce a lil the damage on a TR or a CW or a GF or GWF there a whole rage of the server and the dev doing a retro nerf -.-
    edited August 2013
    Would be nice, but it can only work if MANY of clerics do so. And I am afraid that most of DCs a) think everything is ok as it is b)didnt notice the nerfs c)can do everything just fine, pvp too (12kgs+) d)see the problem, but want to do their dungeons anyway
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ulviel wrote: »
    Would be nice, but it can only work if MANY of clerics do so. And I am afraid that most of DCs a) think everything is ok as it is b)didnt notice the nerfs c)can do everything just fine, pvp too (12kgs+) d)see the problem, but want to do their dungeons anyway

Yeah this sums it up mostly, unfortunately..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    b)didnt notice the nerfs c)can do everything just fine

This has been my experience.
    10PM CST

• uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gj, you are 1337 bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
    edited August 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    Gj, you are 1337 bro.

Thanks, I prefer it to being a whining paranoid conspiracy theorist. I choose to report bugs when I find things wrong in the game than to start accusatory threads with the reactionary, "ZOMG DEVS WHY U RUIN US?!!!1!! DELETE CLERICS ALREADY!!!11!! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!".

That is why I am El 1337! :cool:
    10PM CST

edited August 2013
    "Whining paranoid conspiracy theorist" -good one, I like that :)
    But honestly, can you tell me why is DC constantly nerfed? Even if Flame strike and Forgemaster's heal are in fact just bugs (I reported both, btw), and even if they'll be fixed soon (very unlikely), we still have the HoF nerf, that was soo necessary. I know, I know, other classes get nerfs too, but clerics life was hard enough without this kind of "balancing".
    edited August 2013
    "Whining paranoid conspiracy theorist" -good one, I like that :)
    But honestly, can you tell me why is DC constantly nerfed? Even if Flame strike and Forgemaster's heal are in fact just bugs (I reported both, btw), and even if they'll be fixed soon (very unlikely), we still have the HoF nerf, that was soo necessary. I know, I know, other classes get nerfs too, but clerics life was hard enough without this kind of "balancing".
    I don't honestly know but I would hazard a guess. Cryptic is trying to balance this class in a way which leads to the DC not looking like every other support class healer in every other MMO out there. Growing pains are to be expected while they continue to adjust. The bugs don't help but it's not uncommon for an MMO. It will take a while to fix them but I opt for patience. Getting all worked up and bent out of shape over a game I play for fun is not my idea of fun.
    10PM CST

• xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »
    Cryptic is trying to balance this class in a way which leads to the DC not looking like every other support class healer in every other MMO out there.

Did you played Age of Conan? AoC followed a similar concept of healer class as D&D. Healer class were powerfull casters/melee that can deal damage and support the group by buffs and healing. However, every class was responsible for their own healing by regeneration. Escpacially tank classes could reach high self healing. This was a great and new concept and fun to play.

In NW the cleric feels just like a gimped version of above mentioned healers. Sure they can focus on healing - but they won't be able to solely keep the party alive. Sure they can do damage - but if doing so, they miss alot of important healing skills like AS, BoH that actually are necessary to provide at least a minium standard of healing and defense buffs - a party expect the cleric to use this.

And that's the real problem. There should be much more hybrid abilities doing damage and heal/buff. In fact any ability of the cleric should be hybrid without the need to use divinity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Hybrid abilities, yes - that would solve many problems. Like improved sunburst - really nice spell: dmg and heal and toss if in divine mode. But as weak as it is now, its good for tossing only. Chains? Also would be nice, if it could stop enemy for a little longer, or do damage you can actually notice. FF? I'd be happy if not for the healing bug(or ninja-nerf, who knows).
    We have many powers that could be very usefull, if they were not so terribly weak on higher levels. Oh, and feats that actually make some difference would help too.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »
    I don't honestly know but I would hazard a guess. Cryptic is trying to balance this class in a way which leads to the DC not looking like every other support class healer in every other MMO out there. Growing pains are to be expected while they continue to adjust. The bugs don't help but it's not uncommon for an MMO. It will take a while to fix them but I opt for patience. Getting all worked up and bent out of shape over a game I play for fun is not my idea of fun.

Can you please explain how intentionally nerfing our capstone Daily, our only good single-target damage ability, "leads to the DC not looking like every other support class healer in ever other MMO out there"? Because it seems to make us look MORE like them, in that we're supposed to be healing not doing damage. Because that's really what the patch notes say. Hammer of Fate did far too much damage overall... (for a healer). It's the only conclusion to draw since other classes have powers that do similar damage.

What irks me is that they nerf it into uselessness rather than completely replacing it with some other Daily that is worth using. Right now we're down to Hallowed Ground and Divine Armor, which are really two slices of the same pie. Mitigation and Absorb vs. Mitigation and Bonus Damage. Which is really just a fancy of way dropping another circle while other classes play the game.

I am not too concerned about the FF nerf. To me, it's a completely useless heal for group content because the graphic for it is barely recognizable. I have said before, Divine FF needs to project a circle around the mob that's healing. Or at least change the graphic. I think Prophecy of Doom is immediately recognizable. It would make me happy if you just swapped the FF and PoD graphics.

BTW, a bit of praise here, the PoD graphic is amazing. It's easy to see AND it gives you a visual indication of how much time is left on it. I'd love to see other graphics updated to function this way. Maybe Astral Shield could have an internal circle of spinning runes that gets smaller as its duration expires.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hybrid abilities, yes - that would solve many problems. Like improved sunburst - really nice spell: dmg and heal and toss if in divine mode. But as weak as it is now, its good for tossing only. Chains? Also would be nice, if it could stop enemy for a little longer, or do damage you can actually notice. FF? I'd be happy if not for the healing bug(or ninja-nerf, who knows).
    We have many powers that could be very usefull, if they were not so terribly weak on higher levels. Oh, and feats that actually make some difference would help too.

I absolutely agree. Sunburst is a very well-designed ability. We get damage AND healing with no obnoxious targeting and without spending any of our resources. It's on a rather short cooldown. If we want to spend resources on it, we get a CC added. All our powers should be like this. We should not have save up divine power just to make something heal. It should heal in the first place and divine mode should give us some other feature.

Break the Spirit almost does this, except the stun is so short you don't notice it. I think this ability should stun by default and divine mode makes it AoE like Conduit of Ice. FF also has a slow effect, but there is almost NO situation in this game where a single-target slow is going to be of much use outside of PvP really that's a joke because nothing will save you in PvP.

Despite it being an older and traditional style MMO, I actually find myself wishing we were more like the Mistweaver Monk from WoW. They actually have more positional "action" mechanics than we do, and a number of healing abilities that don't need to be targeted, even though the targeting in WoW is extremely good compared to Neverwinter. Heck, how that I think about it, they even have a healing beam. Only for them, it's their primary go-to heal that's rather cheap to use.

But specifically, they have a HoT that jumps targets. Can you imagine if Healing Word would hit someone, then jump to someone else, then jump to someone else? They also have a mechanic for healing that Neverwinter DESPERATELY needs called Eminence where 40% of their damage is converted to healing to their teammates. (Priests also get this feature called Atonement.) Honestly, this is what Righteousness should have been. "40% of the damage you deal is applied as healing to the lowest-health friendly player within 80'." Bam, passive mechanic that doesn't require any kind of absurd targeting tricks, no sacrificing utility and damage for healing, no complaints that we need to obediently drop circles instead of attacking.
    edited August 2013
    The French Administrator replied to my question on the french forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    If you can't understand french, he said that the Forgemaster nerf was not intended and he is going to report it to the QA team so they can investigate it and determine whether it is bugged or not.

Thanks to the French admin Regerem, much more sympathic than all those US who ignore clerics all day long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    At least someone cares... I am touched (no sarcasm, really), thanks for sharing news :)
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am not too concerned about the FF nerf. To me, it's a completely useless heal for group content because the graphic for it is barely recognizable. I have said before, Divine FF needs to project a circle around the mob that's healing. Or at least change the graphic. I think Prophecy of Doom is immediately recognizable. It would make me happy if you just swapped the FF and PoD graphics.

I cast it on the mob that has the most HP and slowest attacks, or keep it on the boss during the boss fights. People are usually not dumb enough not to get rid of the squishy mobs first, so it heals them pretty good.
    uri92 wrote: »
    If you can't understand french, he said that the Forgemaster nerf was not intended and he is going to report it to the QA team so they can investigate it and determine whether it is bugged or not.

Thanks to the French admin Regerem, much more sympathic than all those US who ignore clerics all day long.

Tell him that English-speaking clerics are grateful. It is nice to see that at least one mod is not scared to face a host of angry clerics who are annoyed by constant nerfs. Merci, Regerem.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was thinking that maybe all the nerfs (sorry DC's I feel your pain, GWF here) , are a result of the devs preparing for the release of the new paragon paths.

I can dream....right?