Known Issue: Launcher Minimized in Taskbar

Comments

• vashmajere67vashmajere67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for this! Now I can get back to giving you guys all my money. ^^
  • tenychoutenychou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    As mentioned by devlurker (sorry forgot exact name) in another thread, and tried by me also, this fix worked;

Start > regedit.exe > computer > hkey_current_user > software > cryptic > cryptic launcher > windowpos

Make sure your launcher is not open.
    Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.

Should be displayed like normal now as your computer/launcher was forced to create another windowpos in the system.

AGAIN; THIS IS NOT IN ANY MEANS CONSIDERED "NORMAL" AS TAMPERING WITH THE REGISTRY OF AN OS IN TERMS OF FIXING THINGS SHOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE DONE BY A REGULAR GAMER/END-USER.

Thank you very much for this, as the minimize trick would not work.

Luckily we had a windows engineer in the place...
  • hoperubyhoperuby Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it doesnt work because the maximise doesnt work
  • chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If running Windows 7, type in "taskmgr" in star menu, right click the "taskmgr.exe" and run in administrator mode and follow the instructions from first post.
  • diablohun99diablohun99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    worked ,thanks :)
  • eman7207eman7207 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ruined Tunnels is bugged...Every time I tried to get in with my new character, I get a error that crashes the game. I made another character and get the same error.
  • asorbleasorble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sigh....why do these games do this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Really....people pay alot of money. And frankly you all would think to test a product a million times before launch. Here is a clue for you you. Make a test server!!!!!! go back to EQ basics...........SIMPLE **** GUYS.
  • drathmordrathmor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there talking about application tab in your task manager
  • aarin24aarin24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tenychou wrote: »
    Thank you very much for this, as the minimize trick would not work.

Luckily we had a windows engineer in the place...

Omg. This worked. Thank you so much!
  • blowwjobblowwjob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It Dosen't work , i really need help
  • blowwjobblowwjob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thx a lot mannn , u are awesome
    trying to fix it like 1 hour -.-
  • sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had this problem which also had struck STO and i have the fix when your game after pressing play in arc the game will stay minimized do this and get back into the game.

Left click on your start icon usualy on bottom left of your desktop and in search bar type
    regedit.exe that loads YOUR registry Editor then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/WindowPos
    then delete the WindowPos complete and launch the game again it will work then.(just the top one if u have 2 Pos leave the one that says WindowPos-Length, the main one is what u want to delete)
    it works .

u can also launch the game if u run the game in another user on your pc not the one you are useing but a alt user acount u make .
  • oweltaxzoweltaxz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sharky445 wrote: »
    I had this problem which also had struck STO and i have the fix when your game after pressing play in arc the game will stay minimized do this and get back into the game.

Left click on your start icon usualy on bottom left of your desktop and in search bar type
    regedit.exe that loads YOUR registry Editor then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/WindowPos
    then delete the WindowPos complete and launch the game again it will work then.(just the top one if u have 2 Pos leave the one that says WindowPos-Length, the main one is what u want to delete)
    it works .

u can also launch the game if u run the game in another user on your pc not the one you are useing but a alt user acount u make .

you are a lifesaver. thank you
  • vungivungi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much :)
  • elfayeelfaye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Deleted. Sorry <3
  • ladyboy87ladyboy87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tnahk you. I was assuming its the same registry thing i gotta delete, which happened me 2-3 months ago also. Worked this time also. I just forgot what i have to delete. Thanks a lot. :]

E:

This was ment to be a reply 4 user balthezar2 , but I failed quoting him. Page 3 and last post worked 4 me. Ty.
  • setius1setius1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1st post worked a treat. Thanks
  • ammoenetammoenet Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    As mentioned by devlurker (sorry forgot exact name) in another thread, and tried by me also, this fix worked;

Start > regedit.exe > computer > hkey_current_user > software > cryptic > cryptic launcher > windowpos

Make sure your launcher is not open.
    Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.

Should be displayed like normal now as your computer/launcher was forced to create another windowpos in the system.

AGAIN; THIS IS NOT IN ANY MEANS CONSIDERED "NORMAL" AS TAMPERING WITH THE REGISTRY OF AN OS IN TERMS OF FIXING THINGS SHOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE DONE BY A REGULAR GAMER/END-USER.

thank you balthezar2 it works perfectly :) is this save btw? hope it can't harm the game in anyway
  • epicdraxepicdrax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It still doesnt work to me =(
  • silantwanderersilantwanderer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We've seen some reports of the launcher being stuck minimized in the taskbar. We're currently looking into a fix for this, but here's a workaround for now (thanks, uglyjimmy!):

1. Start Neverwinter
    2. Start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Neverwinter and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start Neverwinter and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Thank you!

Thank you SO much for the workaround. I was worried something was wrong with my computer. I'm glad I didn't try reinstalling the game first.
  • ratzer21ratzer21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I tried this but it still hasnt worked
  • taromer67taromer67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sharky445 wrote: »

it works .

Thank you very much, the problem was fixed after i went into the registry. just hope i dont have to keep doing this
  • fur123fur123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There is a way to star game: since game is still minimized, minimize all other programs if any work. Put mouse cursor over minimized game and dont move it. Small image will be shown as preview, but that image working. Write your user and pass and w8 until on yellow button show Play, still all on that small preview. Than just press Enter and game will start
  • kryusskryuss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Give that man a cookie!
  • terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wow ty it worked
  • jerkat75jerkat75 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    still dosen't work for me
  • sunnah2sunnah2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    it won't let me press maximize,
    any idea why?
  • darktownerdarktowner Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    having problems with connecting to game login server. can anyoen tell me what to do?
  • tarrocliltarroclil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yay, that works, thanks uglyjimmy and etc.
  • dragonlawdragonlaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mine is kinda different i couldnt maximize so instead i followed it and just restore my version and pressed enter.

but thanks for looking it to the problem NW Team.