Install Arc
Options

Stalwart Bulwark and the Sith Warrior

2»

Comments

• Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Use your shield to get the stacks then. It's not just for aesthetics. Ya'll are just pissed because you can't afford the Timeless set. /endthreadnow
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    altarboomaltarboom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    Use your shield to get the stacks then. It's not just for aesthetics. Ya'll are just pissed because you can't afford the Timeless set. /endthreadnow

Oh Joncans. I see you haven't looked into your class much. I understand your frustration with buying the Timeless set when it was the second best set out there just because it was tier two. The problem with using your shield to get stacks is the last feat in the conqueror tree "Reckless Attacker". This feat is really awesome. You get 100% more power when your shield is at 100%. If you block you use your shield meter. This means you are loosing a percentage of permanent power each time you try and get your stacks up. I would really recomend you check out the conqueror tree. IMHO it is one of the best trees out there. With this in mind please feel free to reread the thread and post constructive feedback. I hope this clears things up for you.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »

Uhm I doubt they're pissed because of that dude, why are you trolling these guys? They have a legitimate complaint. Many players have spent real cash in upgrading and perfecting their gear and now it's complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in conjunction with their Conqueror spec. If I were in their shoes I'd be calling Cryptic daily, blasting their customer service until they refunded every dime!

It's one thing to "balance" something, it's completely another to change the entire mechanic rendering it useless.

Stop trolling, it's obvious this does not effect you so butt out.
  • Options
    demonmeisterdemonmeister Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @OP I agree, if this happened to me after spending so much time or money on a set of gear I would probably start thinking of playing a different game unless there was some sort of compensation. Changing stats on gear is one thing, changing set bonuses seems like an oversight. It would have made more sense to have nerfed the bonus enough and possibly increased the T2 bonus to get things back in line.
  • Options
    s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lmao!! Not only was the story entertaining but it had truth!!1
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They simply should have removed the charge to disenchant Stalwart pieces when they put the patch in place. A one time only free removal of all enchants would have solved the problem. Players would have still lost money on the set but at least it wouldn't cost them a million AD to disenchant it. It would not be a perfect fix but at least it would be more fair than what they did, which was nothing.

Someone else in this thread said they will be nerfing Tenebrous too. I have not seen any information about a nerf yet so I am not sure what he was talking about. They have basically removed them from the game though because once all the nightmare lockboxes are gone there will be no more new Tenebrous added. They will still exist but the supply will be severely limited and will dwindle as players who used them quit the game.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The interesting thing is NW is superior to swtor in nearly every way BUT gear, crafting and loot in general, which swtor totally pwns. NW with a swtor gear system would be incredibly good. Think upgrading enchantments on 'adaptive' gearsets rather than the mess we have now. For those of you unfamiliar with swtor, you could buy (through either their version of the auction house, or their version of the zen store) "adaptive" armor that had very little to no inherent stats but could be used at any level. What makes gear special in swtor are "mods"- essentially three separate components of the gear that can be upgraded pretty much every level. These could be crafted. It is a truly great system.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fact that they waited so long to nerf it when they knew how much money they were making off of it would set anyone to thinking. You can argue that they didn't know, but it just looks very very suspicious. If any other type of corporation did this to people while selling any other product the outcry would be monumental.

I don't really believe much cloak and dagger stuff when it comes to corporations, but you have to admit this looks suspicious. Not so much that it was planned, but that it was allowed to continue for monetary gain.
  • Options
    spudviciousspudvicious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    The fact that they waited so long to nerf it when they knew how much money they were making off of it would set anyone to thinking. You can argue that they didn't know, but it just looks very very suspicious. If any other type of corporation did this to people while selling any other product the outcry would be monumental.

I don't really believe much cloak and dagger stuff when it comes to corporations, but you have to admit this looks suspicious. Not so much that it was planned, but that it was allowed to continue for monetary gain.

I know how you feel, and between this and several other things, like the "lucky exploiters" issue, suspicions like that are growing among a number of people. I really wish we'd get some serious, real explanations and discussions about all these issues, from the actual people in charge. Honestly, even if the answer really is that they did it just to make more money, I'll accept it. while people will be mad either way, I'd like to think that some frank honesty would, in the long term, go over well. even moreso if they state so before doing things like this, so that people can't have time to grow bitter and cold with no explanation.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got the Stalwart Bulwark boots from a T1 DD, and later on bought the armor and gauntlets for 50k AD in the AH. The helmet was too expensive for me @350k AD at that time.
    As I never found a group that could handle the mad dragon except when I was not on my Tank I also had close to no chance to get the helmet from a drop. So I saved AD and bought the helmet a day before the nerf was announced. Funny how things turn out.

It would be fine if dev decides to undo the changes and just nerf the set a bit.

I wonder who cries that "the set was too powerful"? Is it the PVP comunity? I never like to play PvP, I despise it at the most. Running around in circles in GG? That's what you call PvP? It's a tedious half hour I do for some coins and a few AD.
    I don't see a reason why non-PvP-ers would complain. I loved having (before the nerf) to have a Stalwart Bulwark-GF in the group, as it helped us all through the dungeon.
    After this I am happy to have invested most of my money into Path of Exile :p
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    After this I am happy to have invested most of my money into Path of Exile :p

Supported them too. I like it that all their store stuff is for aesthetics only, without that "oh that's for convenience, it is convenient to p2w after all :D"
    You can argue that they didn't know, but it just looks very very suspicious.

Pardon me? That's not possible. Of course they knew, they are developing and monitoring this game, after all.
  • Options
    cdrbrigadecdrbrigade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cookie cutter builds/gear gets the nerfbat,end of story.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cdrbrigade wrote: »
    Cookie cutter builds/gear gets the nerfbat,end of story.

Only after they coat it in gold and precious gemstones.
  • Options
    cdrbrigadecdrbrigade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only after they coat it in gold and precious gemstones.
    'Everything that glitter ain't gold" And those gems are rhinestones!
    But really though When the open beta hit and I saw EVERYONE and their grandma going Stalwarts/Conq to the point that if you DIDN'T have Stal people were kicking what little GF's there were out of groups and isht.I went the opposite direction,and Im still effective in a group.And I don't have to worry about getting nerfed,If anything,Im getting buffed because of the neglect most people have to the other two paths.Just take advice on build.If you go all OP(and people know when they are OP) Don't cry when you get the bat.
    nerf-bat1.jpg
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cdrbrigade wrote: »
    If you go all OP(and people know when they are OP) Don't cry when you get the bat.

It's not about nerfing, it's about changing the set's function to the complete opposite of what it was intended for. If they are willing to do that with one set, it means they could be willing to do it to every other set they deem as 'obviously OP'.

That's their right, it says so in the smallprint, but it does force people to either respec or into a massive re-investment of either time, ADs or Zen. Basically it's the same they did when the mechanics of class powers were tweaked so much and they offered free respec tokens. They didn't in this case, and it is costing people ADs. Which, however you put it, is profit for Cryptic.

The worry now is how often they will 'balance' sets like this, forcing people to invest in the change.
  • Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    Ignore the nay sayers from the start the only arguement they ever had was "too OP, you should have seen it coming" like theyre a bunch of wannabe fortune tellers or something. They'll never understand that "nerf" and "change" are two diff things.

They prolly just scouting the forums and when the see the word stalwart bulwark they go "fortune telling time yeeaah!"

Whats done is done... Cryptic got their
    Money amd they couldnt care less what happens next. Time to move on.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nerf would be like your car losing some horsepower after a service for safety reasons or something. This was more like going to garage to collect your car after a service to find they replaced it with a stationary bike.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still 0 word from cryptic on this issue. Ive never seen a company worse communication. This clearly has bothered quite a few of us and they cant even be bothered to give us the time of day. 0 dollars will come out of my wallet after this.
  • Options
    arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Kudos to the OP for bringing up the exact same arguments I had in a far more entertaining way.

I'm lucky enough to have a Timeless Set waiting in the wings, but I've been doing well with a Grand Regent/High General combo. Unfortunately, I still miss my old Stalwarts set. Since the Stalwart change I've stopped spending real world money for Zen. A nerf to the set would have been fine. A complete change that made the set bonus worthless for my GF spec without even a small compensation is poor customer service. While it's technically legal, it's still a bad move to do to a lot of people playing this game...