test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dark Fey Enclave - always in combat mode

gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I think many players, who have access there already experienced this. It happens very frequently so I decided to post it here. When you are in the area you get stuck in a combat mode (weapon drawn) even when you are not fighting anything. This prevents you from questing as you cannot interact with anything ... well you cannot even leave because that is an interaction too.

It usually happens after fighting a bunch of mobs, but it also happened when I left an instance and was forced to relog to leave the area.
[SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
* Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
Post edited by gexenn on

Comments

• lilnaerynlilnaeryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seconding this. It happens to me often in that area, and I've run into others in-game with the same problem. It prevents you from interacting with anything and the only fix seems to be relogging.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Same here.

If i knew dark fey was bugged i wouldnt have unlocked yet lol.

Even relogging doesnt work sometime. My main got stuck there for hours and hours yesterday finally periodically logging in i was finally able to get away.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't you just change instances by using the blue stone thing in the top right corner , surely that takes you out of combat mode?
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Can't you just change instances by using the blue stone thing in the top right corner , surely that takes you out of combat mode?

Well the problem is you can't do that in combat mode ... it would just tell you that you are in combat and that's it...
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • kayaronikayaroni Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm having this problem too. It's really irritating and I have to log off frequently to fix it.

In the quest giver area, sometimes I see two live trolls (ogres?) and my girlfriend sees a dead one, and then it swaps and I'll see the dead and she sees live ones.
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2013
    It happens to me too, as it happens to everyone, though less frequently lately.

I wonder if it's tied to the cinematic you see when you first enter the area.
    The first time you enter that area, a cinematic is played for youn showing ugly trolls being killed by valiant elves (yes, I play en elf, how did you know ?).
    A day or so after gaining myself access to this area (and thus having had this cinematic scene played for me at the correct time), I witnessed that same scene, but played for someone else. I mean : I was seeing both the normal rest aeas with the quest givers, AND the cinematic scene, intended for someone else who was entering the area for the first time.

So my wild undeducated gess would be that, for some reason unfathomable to me, this scene is played in the background when someone is entering the Dark Fey Enclave for the first time, and then people present in the campfire area are set on combat mode.
    This would be consistent with the fact that the number of such episodes are now much less frequent than in the first days of Feywild launching, when everyone was getting access to the new zones.

Just my 2 eurocents.
  • kingofpandemoniumkingofpandemonium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Die. Then get on your mount when you revive, just to make sure. Worked fine for me, managed to get quests done.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It happens to me too, as it happens to everyone, though less frequently lately.

I wonder if it's tied to the cinematic you see when you first enter the area.

Seconded. I've been fairly sure this has been the issue. Relogging was the only way I could properly fix it (quickly).
    contents to be decided
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have it happen fairly often, and only in the Enclave. Usually riding my boar... When I get off at the gate or to sell something, I'm put in Combat Mode (with no monsters around).

Of course in combat mode I can't: switch instances, use the gate, get back on my ride.... and anything else I CAN do doesn't pull me out of the mode. Sent a few tickets over several weeks, but they get deleted without a response.

I'd rather not 'crab walk' all the way to monsters and hope they can kill me in 10 minutes, so I usually just quit playing. Dunno if the /killme (or whatever it is exactly) would work. But suicide really shouldn't be the only workaround.

...Oh, I have seen other Wizards stuck like that, at the gate or walking the empty paths to Quicklings Den, so it can't be that rare. Not sure what the other 3 classes 'stuck mode' looks like.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This has been addressed in latest patch on Preview Shard.

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?513671-NW-5-20131021a-2-Patch-Notes
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . From my many observances of this, I have come to think that what happens is when a person unlocks the Dark Fey Enclave for the first time, some mobs spawn in a cut-scene then advance through into the instance. These mobs move to the campfire and cause players to enter aggro but are only attack-able by the NPCs that are meant to kill them. The only way to go out of combat is to log to character select and then log back in.

. . . . . It's great to see a fix for this coming, as this is quite annoying for sure! Thanks!