test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One more nerf to Cleric : Forgemaster Flame. GG devs.

uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey,

After asking to different clerics and reading the forums, it seems like Forgemaster Flame has been ninja nerfed by around -30% or -40% healing.

That, plus the ninja nerf which disabled criticals on Flame Strike.

None were on the patch note.

Plus all the nerfs we got on Feywild release (AP gain, Hammer of Fate...)

It looks like the devs consider the Cleric as the FotM and the most OP class in the entire game.
Why don't you delete the cleric already ?
What's the point of completly ruining that class ?

Clerics struggled in pvp, and now they should just be a free kill to anyone ?
Awesome game designing there. Good job guys. Keep ruining your game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
Post edited by uri92 on

Comments

• evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It'll soon be easier to write down a list of stuff that wasn't nerfed, I'm afraid. Oh well, it's not like there are a dozens of other f2p MMOs around to choose from once they'll "balance" clerics into oblivion, right?
  • reshaimreshaim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would really like to see how this game will work without almost anyone who'll play a DC.
    Because that's the direction this game seems to be headed to...
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Flame Strike not critting is a bug. I've understood there is a fix in the works or at least on the to-do list.
  • bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Here's the dev post for the Flame Strike thing:
    panderus wrote: »
    I believe I recall a fix for Flamestrike not critting, just not for this build.

Hope that helps.
  • uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still that FF nerf is ninja and another bash on the cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    well at least you can call the devs passionate - they never foget to ruin the dc even more with new patches.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Probably not intended, which means submitting bug reports is the best way to get this fixed.
    edited August 2013
    I seriously doubt this is a bug. This is probably a stealth nerf from our glorious combat designers who didn't want the cleric to be able to survive in pvp in any way. This nerf definitly ruined the cleric in PVP, which was already the worst class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt this is a bug. This is probably a stealth nerf from our glorious combat designers who didn't want the cleric to be able to survive in pvp in any way. This nerf definitly ruined the cleric in PVP, which was already the worst class.

If it's 40%, it could be that it's now affected by righteousness. Did you check if party members are also receiving less healing?
  • katamizaakatamizaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shelendil wrote: »
    If it's 40%, it could be that it's now affected by righteousness. Did you check if party members are also receiving less healing?

Its not affected by Rightnenouss, I tested solo and in group.
    They nerfed FF.
    edited August 2013
    Yeah same. I tested it in group and we all received the same heal. Something like -30% or -40% from its former state.
    It used to be a life saver in PVP, now it's b-u-ll-sh-i-t.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Yeah same. I tested it in group and we all received the same heal. Something like -30% or -40% from its former state.
    It used to be a life saver in PVP, now it's b-u-ll-sh-i-t.

>PvP

DCs are disadvantaged in PvP by design, it was a conscious choice made by devs. Further nerfs prove it, and certain members of playing community approve of this approach, probably because they are not so sure that they'd be a successful pwnzors if the participants of the each match had somewhat equal chances to win. After all, you can't say confidently "l2p baddies" if it requires effort to kill a member of the other team, and it feels great if a game gives you a hand in that.
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The FF nerf really hurts. >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's ridiculous...
    The devs are making fun of us... yeah right in front of us without any kind of consideration.

If that's the proper way of running a company... may the goddess be with you, 'cause the mortals will soon leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If it's not in the patch notes it's probably not intended. Again, filling a bug report would be a constructive way to complain, whining on the forums won't do much.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While you're at it, Chains doesn't crit either. Daunting Light (and formerly Flame Strike when it could crit) doesn't proc Repurpose Soul.

I have reported these numerous times, but no one seems to care, not even other DC's.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I use Hammer of Fate, Chains of Blazing Light, Forgemaster's Flame, and Sunburst on my DC. I built my solo PvE strategy around this daily and these three encounters because they worked for my playstyle.

Guess how I feel about the state of the DC class right now. Just guess.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    While you're at it, Chains doesn't crit either. Daunting Light (and formerly Flame Strike when it could crit) doesn't proc Repurpose Soul.

I have reported these numerous times, but no one seems to care, not even other DC's.

I recall having flamestrike proc repurpose soul once when it could crit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    I wonder why the devs remain silent about it. Looks like they really don't care at all about clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    I wonder why the devs remain silent about it. Looks like they really don't care at all about clerics.

They probably believe that we will walk away, if they won't respond. That's why everyone must keep posting.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They'll respond soon... explaining they've got much positive feedback on all those nerfs...
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seems to me the problem is that there aren't enough DCs on the preview shard to give them feedback before stuff goes live, because I saw plenty of threads about the other classes when I glanced through the feedback forum for it a while back but just one half-buried thread about the DC changes, and it only had one reply. Now that my DC is level 60 I'd like to copy her over to the preview shard, but too little too late on that.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    It seems to me the problem is that there aren't enough DCs on the preview shard to give them feedback before stuff goes live

Maybe, because even before the nerfs, many cleric retired because of their frustration? Would be intresting to see a class distribution. Would bet that cleric is the least played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You may doubt it but you don't know it. Please submit a bug report before crying "NINJA NERF"! Unless you are hard up for attention that is.
    10PM CST

• mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think what happened was a TR got killed by a DC once.

So, naturally, DC is the strongest class in the game, and must be nerfed.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »
    You may doubt it but you don't know it. Please submit a bug report before crying "NINJA NERF"! Unless you are hard up for attention that is.

Nah, fixing DC bugs that disadvantage the class are of an extremely low priority. Only bugs that give us an advantage have chance of being fixed -- hotfixed within a day or two. So intentional or not, it's likely here to stay.
    edited August 2013
    Nah, fixing DC bugs that disadvantage the class are of an extremely low priority. Only bugs that give us an advantage have chance of being fixed -- hotfixed within a day or two. So intentional or not, it's likely here to stay.

Yep, true. Miracle healer's "bug" was there for what, few days, before devs figured that it's waay too OP for a T2 set.
  • reshaimreshaim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since there was a lot of "ninja nerf" to DC with the latest patch, what about opening a poll wich every DC player could add his +1?
    Hust to see how many of us there are...kinda a DC only post requiring the fix to FF and Flamestrike crit at least.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And still no reply... A poll wont do any harm for sure. If it can help? Well, only if devs would care at least a little bit.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Playing same build as i did pre patch, with the exeption of removing HoF wich i pretty much only used to kill steal if someone on low health was trying to run away. Still using BoH, HW, Astral Sheild. Built for dmg mitigration. Build works even better now then pre patch in my experience. FF was never an relieble heal. I've tried it. and since it's anchor based on enemies. They can just run away. If they die to fast it doesn't heal for much. In pvp this heal is horribly unpredicetble for actual healing. It's fine in a dps spec to actually bring some utillity to the table. But for a Buff/Heal Cleric, i would stay away from this one.