test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your GWF PVP Experience after the Patch?

2»

Comments

• Options
    xpurexinstinctxxpurexinstinctx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    have pretty much stopped playing my gwf now..
    these bugs are too much and no say in when they will be fixed..
    would have a better damage rating throwing my helmet at mobs
    R.I.P Gwf Chaos
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PvP is terrible. Instead of people blowing their big dmg on me when I am not unstoppable, they do it specifically when I am because as soon as the granted temp hps are gone, so is unstoppable. Not to mention unstoppable being interrupted. Lets not forget it it going away early on the rare occasion my temp hps aren't blown through, when I still have a small amount of determination left. I am loving my regen GF, but playing my GWF in PvP makes me want to cry.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On another note, savage advance seems to be doing some crazy damage now.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    izzrilizzril Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are they going to fix unstoppable? Any word?
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My dc/cw/gf/tr outperforms my gwf in pvp and pve o.0 and 2 of the former arn't even lvl 60.
    and my gwf has the best gear of the classes, and been playing it the longest.
    It's usa'ble'ish.. but one of the other classes will Allways be a better/more useful choice, even under-geared.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ohwell, I needed a mule for carrying useless items .. (no wait, all the good stuff is bound now.. dang!)
    hmm.. I can store enchants on my gwf.. yay found a use for him =!
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I definitely feel weaker. And is it just me or does Sure Strike seem strangely slower? I noticed an occasional bug where using SS during Unstop actually moved the SAME speed as without. Nice. Thoroughly pissed over here. It's like, Sentinel sucked, so they made it ridic, and they have yet to really do anything beneficial to Destroyer or Instigator. My build is practically ruined for PvE now.
  • Options
    xmxaxnxgxoxxmxaxnxgxox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    idk if i should still play my gwf....
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think it's that bad. Even with the bug, I can still survive pretty well in dungeons (I am a destroyer). But I notice I do less damage by a lot because I have to move more and since unstoppable gives encounter bonus damage and movement speed for my at-wills that I'm missing when it depletes so quickly.

And since the TR got nerfed, you really notice the difference in how fast mobs melt when you have 1 TR + 1 debuffer instead of two TRs. (I also have a wizzy).

39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lol my sent GWF is practically the same, the only thing I notice is less time unstoppable (way too little tbh, even with full determination it feels like 2 seconds at most) but vs. pugs it still takes 4-5 to make me retreat.

Really sucks for dps spec I imagine as unstoppable is your only survivability mechanic, and now it lasts like half as long. If the patch was meant to correct sent GWF this was very poorly done lol
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    obgpirateyoshiobgpirateyoshi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah the sentinels are fine still, especially the geared ones. I have noticed that destroyers are squishy now though, so they might have to play a might more roundabout instead of charging in.

This perspective is coming from a CW, which before this patch had its worst matchup from GWFs. After playing some of the strong GWF's in Mindflayer this week, I feel like it may just be that GF/GWF are at the same level of difficulty atm. GWF/GF scales very well with gear, so I can imagine a lot of the 8-10k GS players are hurting atm, but the class is all about good itemization so just keep grinding lol.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    IMHO the ones who got hit the most uses the slam spam build. Unstoppable stopping early is a bug and has been corrected in today's patch. Well there are other builds to try now. Slam Spam build is dead.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Oh so unstoppable is supposed to last exactly as long as it used to? thats good to know =)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    IMHO the ones who got hit the most uses the slam spam build. Unstoppable stopping early is a bug and has been corrected in today's patch. Well there are other builds to try now. Slam Spam build is dead.

Has nothing to do with slam.

Has everything to do with AP generation...here let me demonstrate.

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    I totally did not see any changes in AP generation in the patch notes. Is this a stealth nerf ?
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I totally did not see any changes in AP generation in the patch notes. Is this a stealth nerf ?

They removed additional AP gain on multiple target encounters. I.E. Roar. Now gain ~6.5% hitting 1 mob or 5 mobs.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yes, it was a stealth nerf. AP generation is now close to nil.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That sucks... let's bring out the torches and pitchforks!