test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why hate GWF ??

ggyuggyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I had notice that the (Unstoppable bug: That skill not work sometime untill switch maps)Still here since Beta and Why Nerf GWF ?? You pump up CW so much and TR and GF didn't get nerfed at all so TR and GFmost op weapon here and the new feywild patch bring up new fast duration of unstoppable now and with new bug temp.heath end =Unstoppable end ,So please someone tell me why hate GWF and nerf it while CW got pump and TR still op ??and btw Check zone or Looking for Group =GWF not asked for in any instance ,Cw , TR , GF and Dc needed more
KILLERDDDD
Post edited by ggyu on

Comments

• Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you need some video where one single GWF alone could stand 1 vs 4 forever in the middle node while his team mates could easilly take your #1 defenseless node ?

Because that is the reason why this brainless Unstoppable got nerfed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    Do you need some video where one single GWF alone could stand 1 vs 4 forever in the middle node while his team mates could easilly take your #1 defenseless node ?

so u believe that is reason to make GWF totally irrelevant in the game?
    First its the devs fault creating some OP sentinel feats that work perfectly with Tene..

Now GWF is aweful in every part of the game. You think that is ok?

A lot of us don't even care about pvp and play pve... in other paths other than sentinel... and now we are totally useless

That's ok?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And did you watch Gf 1vs5 ?? and making high dmg ,Did you watch TR take someone 1 hit from hide ??
    And unstoppable Now got double bugs ?? You know what mean of double bugs ??one cause it to stop work sometime and other cause it to end when Temp.heath I don't mind if Unstoppable end faster but been bugged like this ?? temp,heath end =dead,Unstoppable stop work=dead ,And both GMs said they bugs not nerf
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    edited August 2013

And did you watch Gf 1vs5 ?? and making high dmg ,Did you watch TR take someone 1 hit from hide ??
    And unstoppable Now got double bugs ?? You know what mean of double bugs ??one cause it to stop work sometime and other cause it to end when Temp.heath I don't mind if Unstoppable end faster but been bugged like this ?? temp,heath end =dead,Unstoppable stop work=dead ,And both GMs said they bugs not nerf and btw Check zone or Looking for Group =GWF not asked for in any instance ,Cw , TR , GF and Dc needed more
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I have done some thinking and come to the conclusion that the dev's hate gwf's no really if you look at the patch note history there has been no meaningful buff to the class since the end of cbt3 i'm not sure why they nerfed them in the first place what with rogues still being able to out dps them on single target encounters, gaurdian fighters being able to out tank them in any encounter, clerics being able to out heal them and control wizards being able to outstun/dodge/control them. It really does baffle me why they dislike the class so much but the historical evidence speaks for itself. Now they are like a leather wearing class without dodge who doesn't do any meaningful damage.
  • Options
    flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2013

Brainless unstoppable? More like brainless players. If your team is really having trouble with one GWF then you go to the point he's not standing on. Go defend the point the other team is trying to take, don't just stand there trying to beat on this one guy. Just have a GF or some other tanky character keep him busy. Maybe it takes some more strategy than what people want, but it's doable.
  • Options
    celso0094celso0094 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF is totally dead... I can't do anything.. PvP low defense and can't deal damage... CW have a lot of stun... Unstoppable have a little duration now and deflect??? what happen with deflect?? A TR can kill me with just one hit.. I'm so upset with this f*****g update.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You know The idea is I play with GWF When i use Unstoppable and got hit by lashing blade of TR ,my temp,Heath go down alot ,and by new pump on CW now DPs on temp,heath end it,GF got more dmg now and with alot of knock down and knock back and me without Unstoppable i die so faster than normal can't fight GF back now with his Shield and Op Knock down and back and me end unstoppable faster
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    The unstoppable looks worse because the TRs and CWs took no nerfs as tall as him despite being so OP when the GWF. Even the GF lost best set for PvP and PvE, but LA of TR received a buff with immunity to CC and mobility to the target. Will understand what is going on in the head of the devs.
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    ggyu wrote: »
    And unstoppable Now got double bugs ?? You know what mean of double bugs ??one cause it to stop work sometime and other cause it to end when Temp.heath I don't mind if Unstoppable end faster but been bugged like this ?? temp,heath end =dead,Unstoppable stop work=dead ,And both GMs said they bugs not nerf

TR's have all the excuse why they can 1 shot you. If not, then what's the use of the word "rogue". And the hide, what's the use of putting "Trickster".
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Learn to IGNORE a SENT REGEN GWF. They do craptastic damage. Protip - Don't group up and around ANY GWF.

F******* amazing that they nerf the ever living hell out of our skills to cater to whines from PVP.
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF unstoppable is working in reverse....
    We are losing Unstoppable when the Temp.HP ends....
    It should be the other way around, we should lose HP when unstoppable ends, not losing Unstoppable when HP ends while still having 50% of the determination bar full
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bladepowah wrote: »
    TR's have all the excuse why they can 1 shot you. If not, then what's the use of the word "rogue". And the hide, what's the use of putting "Trickster".

And do Rouge~! Have excuse to spam hide , long hide and ofcourse stupid immune with dodge more powerful than Unstoppable ??
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    shadowstriker29shadowstriker29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Now what is brainless?The GWF is nerfed in PVP but fcked up in PVE and dungeons soo much that i cant protect myself from 1 mob and i have 2.5k def!U know?i dont give a fck about fcking pvp..i like to play more dungeons...and now i cant..soo my character is useless..and i will leave this game if they will not make it as first!I mean..for the fcking pvp need to destroy the whole game?the characters not need to be nerfed..but need to be emproved..because the devs is brainless they not making different map terms for pvp..where characters is nerfed..and out of it is still powerfull..they fcking up the whole game...i have 3 characters..and all of them now is rediculously destroyed...
  • Options
    shadowstriker29shadowstriker29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rojor wrote: »
    I have done some thinking and come to the conclusion that the dev's hate gwf's no really if you look at the patch note history there has been no meaningful buff to the class since the end of cbt3 i'm not sure why they nerfed them in the first place what with rogues still being able to out dps them on single target encounters, gaurdian fighters being able to out tank them in any encounter, clerics being able to out heal them and control wizards being able to outstun/dodge/control them. It really does baffle me why they dislike the class so much but the historical evidence speaks for itself. Now they are like a leather wearing class without dodge who doesn't do any meaningful damage.
    Lol yesterday i bother 2 GWFs 12k+ solo with my 1 CW 10k and i make to them dmg almost half of life to both..because the unstopable now just grants to them 10% more fake hp and nothing else..i play with my GWF and even 1 CW can kill me soo easy like other CW..my armor now is like CWs armor but i have 2.5k def..its rediculous!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Lol yesterday i bother 2 GWFs 12k+ solo with my 1 CW 10k and i make to them dmg almost half of life to both..because the unstopable now just grants to them 10% more fake hp and nothing else..i play with my GWF and even 1 CW can kill me soo easy like other CW..my armor now is like CWs armor but i have 2.5k def..its rediculous!

CW also say he so weak ,now he got control with high dmg and dec mittgion on GWF =.=
    GWF with fake weak Unstoppable can't fight Cw with 3 dogde ,high dmg, control and dec mitgion
    and btw did anyone notice that GWF is the slowest Weapon in dealing skills like it cast it long time not enough to pass dodge of DC ,TR and CW
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regen Sentinels are still beasts. Right now that seems the only Feat Tree worth considering.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Regen Sentinels are still beasts. Right now that seems the only Feat Tree worth considering.

That another thing that prove that GWF not that strong all GWF go to one tree and can't use other because so weak and let talk for real,why shall GWF got bug with Unstoppable skill which Destroyer focus on that skill so much ??
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    GWF unstoppable is working in reverse....
    We are losing Unstoppable when the Temp.HP ends....
    It should be the other way around, we should lose HP when unstoppable ends, not losing Unstoppable when HP ends while still having 50% of the determination bar full

We got 2 Bus now ,One cause unstoppable to stop work untill switch maps and other unstoppable linked to temp.heath it ended unstoppable end
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the problem is that cause of one dumb enchant they destroyed whole class, and now it takes them ages to solve this bug(not even talking about that other bug that is here forever), instead they add some elves or whatever

try playing rogue without dodge and stealth, thats how fkd up GWFs are. unstoppable is the only good skill gwfs have, rest are either <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that we use cause we need something to put in slots, or complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>(compared to other classes)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    You know they should take some mercy on GWF and give him some more pvp stuff ,GWF not asked for high dung like CN at alll,Did anyone notice that GWF weap and offhand set as rare and high prize and GWF can't get it easily ,I also see CN 1 TR ,1 DC and 3 CW ,why that GWF not asked because it so weak in pve :/
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol poor port GWF, no longer FOTM.

Now just someone I kill on my way to fights.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Most don't give a rats butt about PvP except the whales. PvE is getting wrecked and for solo is even worse. They all play because they like the mines bigger attitude so whine loudest. Jeez just mess with PvP enchants or something. Say some classes can't use this in PvP or Debuff one in PvP and quit messing with PvE spec/repair them. Best example is GWF is too strong/TR hits too hard in PvP so nerf..then PvE its can't kill adds fast enough and boss has too many HPs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    Most don't give a rats butt about PvP except the whales. PvE is getting wrecked and for solo is even worse. They all play because they like the mines bigger attitude so whine loudest. Jeez just mess with PvP enchants or something. Say some classes can't use this in PvP or Debuff one in PvP and quit messing with PvE spec/repair them. Best example is GWF is too strong/TR hits too hard in PvP so nerf..then PvE its can't kill adds fast enough and boss has too many HPs

Will I talk about pve and pvp ,Did any one notice that GWF is Not asked for in pve at all ??did you notice that GWF not asked for any kind of dung at all this days ?? while TR which suppose in all games that it only pvp ,Here used as op pvper and op dmger on boss with immune with dodge and alot of spam hide =.= ,Cw got control ,high dmg , dodge ,steel time and shield=good pvp + good pve, Dc ofcourse good at pve but weak with pvp and last thing GF Tanker=asked for in pve + Shield and High dmg with alot of knock back and down =pvp,While GWF High dmg for pvp only but slow in cast which not useful against CW,Dc and TR ,and with new temp.heath unstoppable bug=can't do nothing in 2vs1 now as for pve GWF not tanker neither aoe and Cw ,Gf and TR asked more than him
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ggyu wrote: »
    I had notice that the (Unstoppable bug: That skill not work sometime untill switch maps)Still here since Beta and Why Nerf GWF ?? You pump up CW so much and TR and GF didn't get nerfed at all so TR and GFmost op weapon here and the new feywild patch bring up new fast duration of unstoppable now and with new bug temp.heath end =Unstoppable end ,So please someone tell me why hate GWF and nerf it while CW got pump and TR still op ??and btw Check zone or Looking for Group =GWF not asked for in any instance ,Cw , TR , GF and Dc needed more

Are you dyslexic ? The lack of formatting in your post is amazing. It makes it almost incomprehensible. Maybe you should stop playing silly games and learn to build a readable text. It will help you much more in life than your game twitches.

Sincerelly

Paleork
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    Are you dyslexic ? The lack of formatting in your post is amazing. It makes it almost incomprehensible. Maybe you should stop playing silly games and learn to build a readable text. It will help you much more in life than your game twitches.

Sincerelly

Paleork

And ?? lmao

If it silly ??why you play it ??
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im just really happy cryptic dont make planes or cars, would be a disaster

• Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Copy/paste

I won't run dungeons or DD nor will I pvp and here is why.

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Copy/paste

I won't run dungeons or DD nor will I pvp and here is why.

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.

In less case CW,Tr and DC who own above all other in pve stuff

While GWF are not asked for ,beside I just notice Beholder Server ,1 and only 1 GWF Weapon set that there in auction with 5 million =.= because GWF no needed in CN at all
    KILLERDDDD
  • Options
    aeonsageaeonsage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having read this thread I will agree they went overboard with nerfing the GWF, which should not be a tank, but an AOE/DPS build as stated...GF is the tank with its blocking defense. My GWF is the least useful on PVE, but I didn't start until after this issue, so have no experience with how the GWF was before, only how it is now. I agree too much emphasis is being placed on how efective a class is in PVP...which is supposed to be a team event, so find a way to overcome the obsticles as a team!

As an aside: Why is it that you can craft shirts and pants for the other 4 classes and not the GWF? I assume this was the case even before this current issue. Is this an oversight or by design?