test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boss Drops from dungeons ARE BoP, not BoE...

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So here is the quote:
"Because these items are meant as a special reward for you during this event anything the event chest rewards you will be bound to your character. This is a change to the way the chest grants the reward, not to the item itself. So if the item is Binds on Equip anywhere else it comes from remains Binds on Equip. Boss drops for instance are unchanged." quoted by Lead Designer here.

I have run the new Malabog's dungeon 5 times now and I ALWAYS got boss loot drops (armor pieces) that were BoP (got them on Greed too, so equipment for other classes I CAN'T EVEN USE). In addition, I have asked other party members and they GOT the same ****... WORSE, I got BLUE ITEMS from boss drops almost everytime.
I got 2 blue helms for GWF and DC, and blue boots for a CW... Thank you from these useless pieces of craps, they are worth 1 gold together (since they can't be salvaged), less money that it cost me to use these Injury Kits.

Why even try to run Malabog's Castle or CN if you can get the same (or better) drops in PK which most can run in 20 mns by now and still sell what they got?

Are you scamming us Cryptic, or is it a BUG that will be corrected? CHECK your own posting and stick to your words at least...

I feel it is scam!!!

Zeke, Lead Designer... dare to comment????
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    So here is the quote:
    "Because these items are meant as a special reward for you during this event anything the event chest rewards you will be bound to your character. This is a change to the way the chest grants the reward, not to the item itself. So if the item is Binds on Equip anywhere else it comes from remains Binds on Equip. Boss drops for instance are unchanged." quoted by Lead Designer here.

As you have pointed out yourself, the boss drops for instance are "unchanged", drops from MC were designed to be bop, and will remain unchanged as bop...
  • Options
    drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That sucks bro, I haven't farmed anything at 60 yet(just about hit it 58) but between this and the tank-set being nerfed the end game in this game seems not worth it, you have no idea how your gear will be next patch.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    As you have pointed out yourself, the boss drops for instance are "unchanged", drops from MC were designed to be bop, and will remain unchanged as bop...

That is incorrect... Boss loot drops have always been Bind on Equip, before the patch, I NEVER got any BoP items...... Chest items were also BoE were before the patch, now they are Bound on Pickup, which is not the issue I am complaining about...

I am talking about dungeon bosses, not quests btw...
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So here is the quote:

I have run the new Malabog's dungeon 5 times now and I ALWAYS got boss loot drops (armor pieces) that were BoP (got them on Greed too, so equipment for other classes I CAN'T EVEN USE). In addition, I have asked other party members and they GOT the same ****... WORSE, I got BLUE ITEMS from boss drops almost everytime.
    I got 2 blue helms for GWF and DC, and blue boots for a CW... Thank you from these useless pieces of craps, they are worth 1 gold together (since they can't be salvaged), less money that it cost me to use these Injury Kits.

Why even try to run Malabog's Castle or CN if you can get the same (or better) drops in PK which most can run in 20 mns by now and still sell what they got?

Are you scamming us Cryptic, or is it a BUG that will be corrected? CHECK your own posting and stick to your words at least...

I feel it is scam!!!

Why do you even roll for an item, that you cannot use, at all?

• Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That is incorrect... Boss loot drops have always been Bind on Equip, before the patch, I NEVER got any BoP items...... Chest items were also BoE were before the patch, now they are Bound on Pickup, which is not the issue I am complaining about...

As I've said before, drops from MC is designed to be BoP, that's all. It is not changing from BoE to BoP because of the patch, it was BoP to begin with.
    Plus, even before the patch, a couple of items from the chest are BoP... This has nothing to do with this very topic, just pointing out what you left out.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013

They have ALWAYS been BoP in Malabog's. Its not like you can claim they made changes to a dungeon that has only existed after the loot changes.

The deal was to keep EXISTING dungeon drops as BoE. Its fair to say, that Malabog's, being a new zone, was not included in that statement. Run some of the standard epic dungeons. If drops are still BoP, then you can say they lied.
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013

QFT.

Also, /10chars
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The deal was to keep EXISTING dungeon drops as BoE. Its fair to say, that Malabog's, being a new zone, was not included in that statement. Run some of the standard epic dungeons. If drops are still BoP, then you can say they lied.

Either way its still really stupid. The lack of continuity of BoP/BoE will do nothing but lead to frustrations. There should be a clear cut pattern across the whole game of whats BoP and whats BoE. It shouldnt different from every encounter, dungeon, quest, tier. Thats a recipe for failure.

A game needs continuity within its mechanics. Another good example of where Neverwinter fails to be consistent is with quest mechanics(sharing credit for completing objectives, sharing credit for opening boxes/quest items on the ground, etc) its very confusing to players when its just not consistent. Trying to have consistency among these mechanics has become an MMO design 101 basic kind of concept.

Obviously the OP plays this game a lot and has tried to learn all the mechanics of it yet even he gets confused/frustrated with the inconsistences of the game's mechanics. Thats not good, now imagine a ****.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Why not? That's how you can make AD no? (or used to rather)...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    As I've said before, drops from MC is designed to be BoP, that's all. It is not changing from BoE to BoP because of the patch, it was BoP to begin with.
    Plus, even before the patch, a couple of items from the chest are BoP... This has nothing to do with this very topic, just pointing out what you left out.

A dungeon is a dungeon... Why would one run MC and not just stay with others including CN? On top of that you have to pay 50k AD to get what then? blue items and items you don't need... what a deal...

That's lying by omission to me.

I have never seen BoP from chests before that patch, and I have run all of them dozens of times...
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Men are liars and it's about time you realized this. ;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    BoP drops in MC are a problem, imo. Another problem is that bosses in MC drop blue loot which can't even be salvaged afaik. Put both of those together and wtf why even bother? Wasted 50k AD imo.

SMH.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am still stuck searching my brain for any other MMO games I've played recently where gear wasn't Bop boss drops and Boe mob drops. Aside from playing Diablo 3 where you can run to the Ah buy gear, use gear, then un equip the same gear and re-sale it on the Ah.Neverwinter definitely did not use the same loot rules as other MMO's.

No other MMO on the market allowed players to hop,skip, and jump on over to their local Department store (Ah) and spend w/e currency to buy a full set of top end Tier items without ever having to set foot in a dungeon. Even in World of Warcraft, where players can buy top end Boe epics, you still have to farm the dungeons to get the tier set pieces (the tokens) which are used for the tier sets.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A dungeon is a dungeon... Why would one run MC and not just stay with others including CN? On top of that you have to pay 50k AD to get what then? blue items and items you don't need... what a deal...

I have never seen BoP from chests before that patch, and I have run all of them dozens of times...

And that's the problem. You and many other people have gotten used to an unfinished system, thinking it would be the norm. to spend 15 minutes and be rewarded with 500k AD. Don't be silly, common sense should have told you, that this is going to get changed. It takes roughly about 5 hours to obtain 50k AD, in a legit way. Every drop should be BoP, not just Malabog, to finally end this misery we dare calling, an economy.

You seem greedy, without actually realizing it, yourself.

• Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Malabog castle says it's drops are BoP (which I really dislike) but other dungeons boss drops are still BoE. THe DD chests are BoP though now and the greaves of the high prophet have always been BoP.

I think they should make all drops except for DD chest BoE (and all crafted gear!!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The loot system in this game was flawed from the start and should have been scrapped and replaced before the game went live. Bind on pickup should have been used for all boss drops and Bind on Equip should be used for all DD Chests. Mobs in these dungeons should also have a small chance to drop blue and epic level gear so as to encourage players to participate in clearing dungeons vs skipping it.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013

PEOPLE are liars. Let's leave gender bias out of this, shall we? Women and hermaphrodites are perfectly capable of lying as well. And they do, just like everyone else.

This is just another lie this great company has put forth. Get used to it, or move on.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    it's pwe, what do you expect? make attaining AD so impossible that it drives people to buy zen. it's pathetic, and it has to change. who the **** has heard of any mmo where farming money ingame was so ineffective that the only real way of attaining it was to buy it from the cash shop?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    BoP drops in MC are a problem, imo. Another problem is that bosses in MC drop blue loot which can't even be salvaged afaik. Put both of those together and wtf why even bother? Wasted 50k AD imo.
    SMH.

my point exactly. If I can get only blue items worth less than the injury kits I have to use in MC (the only dungeon where I die a lot... really), then why bother?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And that's the problem. You and many other people have gotten used to an unfinished system, thinking it would be the norm. to spend 15 minutes and be rewarded with 500k AD. Don't be silly, common sense should have told you, that this is going to get changed. It takes roughly about 5 hours to obtain 50k AD, in a legit way. Every drop should be BoP, not just Malabog, to finally end this misery we dare calling, an economy.

You seem greedy, without actually realizing it, yourself.

Thanks for your sanctimonious comment... I have spent north of 3 hours per day since the beta and I didn't run speed run to get at the loot like many did. I make the investment to get 2 professions to level 20 and I made my AD selling shirts and pants... do you know how long that took? Probably not. I also didn't exploit that nightmare stuff... as many did and got rewarded.

I got a gs of more than 15k with 2 different sets, a stone with an additional 2.6k so don't give me your advice on how to make 50k AD in 5 hours as it only shows you don't know how to play this game... ^^

for a lots of ppl at this level, there is no more to do with this game the way it has been nerfed... that's all
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    The loot system in this game was flawed from the start and should have been scrapped and replaced before the game went live. Bind on pickup should have been used for all boss drops and Bind on Equip should be used for all DD Chests. Mobs in these dungeons should also have a small chance to drop blue and epic level gear so as to encourage players to participate in clearing dungeons vs skipping it.

I'd go with that without problem...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    If something is not working as it was stated to, then file a bug report or make a bug report thread. Closing this for there's no reason for such insinuations being posted in such a manner.
This discussion has been closed.