test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your GWF PVP Experience after the Patch?

mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Bad, i don't think i will get back to PVP soon, not in awhile.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not bad, but ...

Crescendo lasts so little, that the provided CC immunity is almost useless. I was killed in the few seconds I was performing it ...
    anyways I am still ;lvl 50 so my view might not be relevant.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Well ofcourse it is bad, since your unstoppable mode disappears now the moment your Temp.hit points are consumed.
  • Options
    fallenangel1911fallenangel1911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, they were aware of the Unstoppable issues the patch brought from the test server(one of the devs pinpointed the bug after it was mentioned in another thread), but I guess didn't have time for a hotfix. Shame, pvp without your defining class mechanic is a bit...well...

The real funny part is that when you mention the bug, GWFs in the other team will claim they aren't bugged, when they are just too dense to notice xD
  • Options
    b3rz3rk3db3rz3rk3d Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's bad. Unstoppable sucks, it's basically just a cc cancel now, and I'm pretty sure the 12% deflect loss is noticable. Either way it feels like survivability is in the toilet...

Also Unstoppable bug is still happening in dungeons...
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unstoppable now lasts for 3-4 seconds, yes. I hope they are going to fix it asap.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    celso0094celso0094 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very bad, I'm really pissed up with the nerf of GWF..
    GWF is now obsolete in PvP...

Thx a lot Cryptic u f***ed up the game with this update.. THX A LOT!!!
  • Options
    hobbsba76hobbsba76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so after they fix the unstoppable bug how will pvp and pve be for the gwf
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hobbsba76 wrote: »
    so after they fix the unstoppable bug how will pvp and pve be for the gwf
    Won't know until it's done.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I havent pvpd yet but my pve damage has dropped 25 to 30%. My toughness doesnt really seem that different, so it just takes that much longer to kill things. That seems counterproductive. Wasnt the problem that gwfs where too tough? So lets drop their dps? It has become the worst damage class. My gf was all ready out aoe dameging my gwf now its way worse.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Huge reduction in dps was the biggest thing to notice. Also unstoppable provides almost no survivability in pvp now.. Worthless
  • Options
    wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Experience? Squishy! :D Well the unstoppable duration reduction isnt that much but...
    ...have you noticed it takes a bit longer to charge Unstoppable? I swear it felt filling a bit faster before patch.
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    was wondering why the f im blown up in a second through unstoppable ^^

• Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am afraid to PvP after farming a bit. Full bar unstoppable stopping shortly after hitting it ...
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    Wasnt the problem that gwfs where too tough?
    I think the biggest problem pre-patch was the immunity to control wizard's powers.
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tokse2 wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem pre-patch was the immunity to control wizard's powers.

what? thats what unstoppable was for...

in regards to this thread ive been pvping and i think i will be shelfing my GWF till they iron out the bugs. in regards unstoppable being cut short or disappearing once your temp hit points are gone even with full determination which is super quick in pvp. it seems now in pvp we're just as squishy as CW's and DC's and possible just under TR's.

it's a shame really i switched from DC to GWF and was having a blast playing it and i wasnt even sent spec i went destroyer but now with the nerf i might as well play my DC since GWF are now about as squishy of a class. ive been playing around in pvp and i get blown up in a few seconds even with unstoppable now. before i could at least put up a fight i also noticed unstoppable not stopping some control effects i got frozen in unstoppable and one TR skill worked while unstoppable was on i think it was dazing something.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    im still satisfied with my gwf
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    im still satisfied with my gwf

haha funny joke
  • Options
    celso0094celso0094 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    haha funny joke

VERY funny joke
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    My experience is as follows;

Looks like they introduced an AP generation bug. Now instead of getting AP per mob hit we get the AP generation from a single mob. I am lucky to get a daily off every other group of mobs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    short answer to this thread in one word - terrible. who wants to pvp with a broken system.
  • Options
    hannibalslunchhannibalslunch Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So why the hell doesn't Cryptic fix the **** issues? This is ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So why the hell doesn't Cryptic fix the **** issues? This is ridiculous!!!

simple because cryptic/PWE are liars and could care less about the gaming community it's all about making profit from the zen shop anything else can go straight to hell. all they need to do is do it in a hotfix supposedly
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi,

So following up on Unstoppable ending early.

I found a bug that was causing it, and it will get fixed.
    Essentially things that could normally build Determination (while not using Unstoppable) were causing it to drain faster.

This was definitely not an intended change, so thanks everyone for bringing it up.

they know about the issue but just dont feel it's worth their time look at the nightmare thursday incident this is a company who is just out to r@pe your wallet GL getting anything fixed.
  • Options
    mortokaizettixmortokaizettix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly, I find that any class right now isn't worth the time to play. Maybe a DC or CW. I have no fun playing my GWF or GF anymore. Now that Unstoppable is nerfed GWF's just don't feel like what they are meant to do. All I really wanted was a rogue nerf, they were always kinda over powered in my opinion.
    Swordmage.jpg
  • Options
    tykunetykune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It can be tough to balance a game nicely and smoothly, though it seems like changes they made were unorganized and were not coordinated properly. One can even wonder if they even watch the test servers to catch what problems their changes have made.

It has been very obvious that PWE is always out for the money and only the money over player happiness and balanced gameplay, in their previous titles or games they have bought out... but even just starting to play NW recently myself, I can see them making grave mistakes in their marketing scheme: Creating an unhappy community.
  • Options
    unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For a GWF PVP it's OVER,just over,we don't deal a high amount of damage like the rogues,we don't have perfect control skills like the CW,we are not healers,we are survivers,or were,untill unstoppable was nerfed,now we just que and die in a few seconds because usnt lasts only 5 sec and it can be intrerupted,NICE WORK CRYPTIC,u make us proud for all those moneys invested and all that hard time leveling,for what, for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,I prefer returning to WOW,because there even if they nerf some skills they still keep a balance in gameplay,here u just ruin everything,too bad for the story,the pvp,the dungeons and the events,because in rest u're so called class changes destroy all that hard work.Just make the Tr invincible,all the other classes weak,but believe me it gets boring just killing and killing,we need more challeging classes,and if u keep nerfing everything it's much better to simply close this game.
  • Options
    tykunetykune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unksam wrote: »
    For a GWF PVP it's OVER,just over,we don't deal a high amount of damage like the rogues,we don't have perfect control skills like the CW,we are not healers,we are survivers,or were,untill unstoppable was nerfed,now we just que and die in a few seconds because usnt lasts only 5 sec and it can be intrerupted,NICE WORK CRYPTIC,u make us proud for all those moneys invested and all that hard time leveling,for what, for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,I prefer returning to WOW,because there even if they nerf some skills they still keep a balance in gameplay,here u just ruin everything,too bad for the story,the pvp,the dungeons and the events,because in rest u're so called class changes destroy all that hard work.Just make the Tr invincible,all the other classes weak,but believe me it gets boring just killing and killing,we need more challeging classes,and if u keep nerfing everything it's much better to simply close this game.

Get this man a burger!

+1
  • Options
    swampgas666swampgas666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hasn
  • Options
    shadowstriker29shadowstriker29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unksam wrote: »
    +1 from me too
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited August 2013

+1 here also.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Not only unstoppable was nerfed, the deflection nerf make GWF just as squishy as TR... GF, TR, CW can easily take us down in a matter of seconds.. something is definitely wrong.