test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have a Key daily Quest

f4mnect44f4mnect44 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any idea where your get this quest
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Leprechaun outside the Gnarlroot dungeon (and likely other dungeons in the area, if those dungeons have a Dark Fey chest). You only seem to get the quest popup if you have a quest to go down there, however.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    have the quest to go down there, but no key quest, i'll look again, thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    f4mnect44 wrote: »
    have the quest to go down there, but no key quest, i'll look again, thanks

He's literally right outside the dungeon entrance - though he may be hard to miss, given the explosion of colors in the area.

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1st day I did the 3 dailies and didn't get it. 2nd day I did the 3 dailies and got the mission to do the gnarlroot dungeon and on my way in the leprechaun now had the have a key mission. He didn't have it before I got the mission to do the gnarlroot dungeon. And the have a key mission now shows it will reset tomorrow at 3 AM.

Oh and as the others have said he is standing outside the entrance to the gnarlroot dungeon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i deal with him, just wasn't given the quest as a option
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Weird, I've gotten the quest every day I've done the content so far, including the first.

That's rather bizarre.

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Weird, I've gotten the quest every day I've done the content so far, including the first.

That's rather bizarre.

Ditto. Do the three area dailies, get the "Go to Gnarlroot" daily, head down the path to the dungeon, and there he is with a big blue daily quest mark over his head.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Ditto. Do the three area dailies, get the "Go to Gnarlroot" daily, head down the path to the dungeon, and there he is with a big blue daily quest mark over his head.

Well I'm not certain why I didn't get Gnarlroot the first day but the "Have a key" quest becomes available after you accept the Go to Gnarlroot mission.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just be careful completing this quest when you open a new zone. Make sure you run the dungeon you want to get the chest from after you pick up your key because you have to claim your reward if you have a key on you. In other words, if you want the chest from the second zone do not pick up the key and run the zone one dungeon first because you will have to use your key to get out (you may be able to go out the front door, I haven't tested that).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Duly noted - I think I just unlocked my second zone, but I'm unsure (I did just finish the first campaign task, at least - or do I need the next task, the key, to unlock a zone? Probably do, in which case, I'm probably just going to burn all my concoctions on crescents).

• Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can you get the key on first zone then keep those if your not interested on running it? do they stack on day 2 ans so fort? i havent unlock the 2nd zone yet but I like the rewards there
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    can you get the key on first zone then keep those if your not interested on running it? do they stack on day 2 ans so fort? i havent unlock the 2nd zone yet but I like the rewards there

At present, it seems if you have a Dark Fey key, and you run a solo-dungeon that has a Dark Fey chest in it, you are REQUIRED to use that key to exit the dungeon. If you don't have a key, you're not. What I would recommend, then, is prioritizing which dungeon you run in order of what rewards you want to spend your free key per day on. eg: If you prefer Zone2's dungeon rewards, run Zone2 first every day and use your key there.

• Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ohh so the key quest is only 1 for all dungeon?
  • Options
    giludrimgiludrim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Finderal Birchspear mentions that keys drop from "Malborog's dark fey". Is he talking about mobs in the Dark Fey Enclave, or in the Castle dungeon (or both)?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    giludrim wrote: »
    Finderal Birchspear mentions that keys drop from "Malborog's dark fey". Is he talking about mobs in the Dark Fey Enclave, or in the Castle dungeon (or both)?

I thought he meant you might be able to pick up a key in the instance he was sending you to, but I'm not going to count on this being true until I actually see a key drop somewhere. Although it's entirely possible that keys won't drop unless you're not holding one, and since I currently prefer to check out the rewards from the Witch Fen, I'll be holding a key while I run that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    giludrimgiludrim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought he meant you might be able to pick up a key in the instance he was sending you to, but I'm not going to count on this being true until I actually see a key drop somewhere. Although it's entirely possible that keys won't drop unless you're not holding one, and since I currently prefer to check out the rewards from the Witch Fen, I'll be holding a key while I run that.

I think I'll test your theory. You can run the instance multiple times up to the boss by simply leaving the instance.