test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession Asset Upgrade Tasks

zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm a referring to tasks such as upgrade platesmith, train a guard, trade iron bellows for steel bellows, etc.

These tasks have a new bug which allows them to be queued even when the assets they use are unavailable due to being used on some other task. And if you queue the upgrade task anyway it will consume ALL of that type of asset the player has. Cancelling the upgrade task only returns 4 assets, if any more than that were consumed then they are now just plain gone.

I haven't yet actually completed an upgrade task this way to see what happens, but I can only assume it will still consume all of the assets and give the player the 1 upgraded asset without returning the extras.

Example:
  • My character had 6 mercenaries, I queued up 2 tasks making use of 4 of the mercenaries.
  • I then queued up the "Train a Guard" task (normally takes 4 mercenaries and returns 1 guard)
  • The task queued, but all 6 mercenaries were removed from my character's inventory.
  • I cancelled the "Train a Guard" task and only 4 mercenaries were returned.
  • My character now has 4 mercenaries, the other 2 tasks remained active but when they finished no additional assets returned.

This needs to be fixed soon.
Don't Panic.
airplane-2-o.gif
Okay, Panic.
Post edited by zoiks100 on

Comments

• Options
    sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Exact same thing happened to me after yesterday's patch. I had some leadership tasks running (4x adventurers and 3x man-at-arms), but could still run the upgrade to hero task. So I did, assuming it'd just kind of queue up when the assets got available again.
    Now the upgrade task has consumed my 3x man-at-arms as well.

A fix would be nice, indeed. And the return of my man-at-arms...

Update: Task just completed, and I got my hero, but the 3 Man-at-Arms weren't returned. An interesting thing is my common Guards weren't consumed, only the uncommon/rares.
  • Options
    forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had 15 rank 1 workers, upgrading for 3 rank 2 workers should have taken 12 of them.... It took them ALL and some were working at the time, didn't notice until the task was completed.

and my odds to complete a Rank 3 task have dropped also... As it is I am getting less than 50%, and with my luck in-game that means 100% chance to fail.
  • Options
    fennelfennel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From Gateway, doing profession quests is definitely not awarding the rough astral diamonds, and I suspect the copper sums were not given either but I don't recall the exact amount I logged out with. It just doesn't feel like more than it was, but I could be mistaken. Not mistaken about the rough astral diamonds. I should have accrued several hundred from quests I'd chosen, but I logged in, prayed, received 375 rough AD and went to refine *all* my shinies in the rough, and had only 375 to refine.

I did receive XP, however, because I leveled upon logging in.
  • Options
    seonsaengnimseonsaengnim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I also have not received any AD or Gold from crafting on the Gateway even after it was fixed. I also lost a miner from the upgrading.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People who bought profession packs are going to lose actual money from this; it needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Presumably ADs are still being autorefined.

Did you know that the inventory tab that has been added to Gateway allows you to view your riches AND manually refine your diamonds immediately after collecting them, should you so choose?

It's quite spiffy.

The asset losses is a drag for everyone affected by it though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yea. it has me very worried with 4 professions at rank 20 all with the needed epic tools, and at the moment leveling 3 others to 20. I can assure you I will be buying NO asset packs until I am sure this is fixed. I am sure I am not alone either.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bump.. Oh sorry, didn't mean to do that.
  • Options
    basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    okey nice i jumped over this thread i was just about to bye 3 assets pack but no no i dont do anything before i see a answer in here with the message
    FIXED!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I need to upgrade to a better mailsmith for my DC, and I don't dare do it until this is fixed because it will take me forever to get 4 rank-2 mailsmiths again with me not having spare money to spend on asset packs. I really hope this gets fixed sooner than later....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    darkrndarkrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope we are going to get back our adventurers.. i lost 4 of them today with this bug :/ Some dev answer would be nice in this topic.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It is in the known issues thread, but listed as applying to only two specific tasks. I'm not brave enough to try other upgrade tasks to see if it actually does only those. I haven't finished reading the thread for further updates yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bumping to warn others. I know it is a pain to reread, but still not fixed.
  • Options
    sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really wish I had known about this post. I had 9 adventurers, just received 2 more from leadership pack, and was told I could upgrade even though all but 2 were in use. Unfortunately it used ALL of them and when I cancelled the action in a panic it only returned 4 of 11. Will this current patch return the missing 7 adventurers once it is complete? I am very doubtful and wonder how I go about getting them back.
  • Options
    gribnazgribnaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will this bug only appear if you upgrade assets that are in use?
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh great! I have several toons on upgrade to master tasks today :/