test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Evening Maintenance - 08/22/13

13»

Comments

• greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    No warning here either. Not even a one minute warning. was in a dungeon and suddenly boom, the server is down. At first I thought my internet went out, but nope, servers taken offline with zero warning.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    moonchipz wrote: »
    The moral of the story is: In this game; Exploit early, exploit often. Apparently there are no consequences.

No, it seems they draw the line at creating AD from nothing. So as long as you aren't doing that, you are lucky in Cryptic's book.
  • lairdruarilairdruari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vhalantru wrote: »
    all I got from you're banter is lolz. are you laughing at us? I personally will keep *****ing about the nightmare exploit for years. I will tally up everything people hates about how management deals with exploits, just to badpress you. and if this doesn't help get me banned...therefore preventing me from spending more money ( already have wasted over 4k in US dollars), then you guys truly don't care. btw, recently read a game review. Neverwinter scored a 6 out of 10, but was proclaimed to not have any future beyond its dull design. you did get kudos for the Foundry, but Neverwinter Nights 2 it's not. *tosses lolz back atchoo*

$4k USD for this game? Are you kidding me? $4000.00?? For a GAME??? Dude either you are rolling in cash and I envy you or someone needs a financial advisor! I am lothe to admit spending about $300 USD on this game.
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    Was there no colored text message in the chat window? Y'know ... "server going down in 10 minutes?" That's what I typically see.

Read the edit. I was quoted before I was finished.
    itpaladin.png

• dreeeeevildreeeeevil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dang it... Servers are down... Maybe I should go feed my kids.

...oops, too late.
  • spacemoose5spacemoose5 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why does chill no longer stack on bosses at all, completely gimping cold Wizard builds as a result?
  • velsparwvelsparw Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unstoppable for GWF. Fix it.
  • heuristiclineupheuristiclineup Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No warning here either. Not even a one minute warning. was in a dungeon and suddenly boom, the server is down. At first I thought my internet went out, but nope, servers taken offline with zero warning.

Yup, similar thing happened to me. I was running quests so I wasn't doing anything that would have distracted me to a point that I didn't see warnings.
  • vigortavigorta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You do realize there are still players out there with mule accounts. There are still people sitting on billions of AD that can be used to decimate the economy. As for the mounts and those that exploited just bind them to their accounts and make them worthless. If i remember correctly they did something similar with the cats. Well enjoy your evening and hope you get the servers back up and running.
  • saabin08saabin08 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what is bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - I opened over 150 boxes today, and I did not receive any Epic (mount or companion) - and a TOTAL of 3 epic elf packs... it is ridiculously broken
  • lairdruarilairdruari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cmpinpointerror I certainly hope you fix the stability issues. Since launch I have experienced game crashes about every 20 min or so. When the server went down I was healing guild run in Epic PK and the game crashed 5 times on 1st boss then once on the Capt. and the server went down almost simultaneously.
  • dreeeeevildreeeeevil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    saabin08 wrote: »
    what is bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - I opened over 150 boxes today, and I did not receive any Epic (mount or companion) - and a TOTAL of 3 epic elf packs... it is ridiculously broken

I opened about 60 and got no epic mounts or companions either.
  • skulhedface44skulhedface44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lairdruari wrote: »
    cmpinpointerror I certainly hope you fix the stability issues. Since launch I have experienced game crashes about every 20 min or so. When the server went down I was healing guild run in Epic PK and the game crashed 5 times on 1st boss then once on the Capt. and the server went down almost simultaneously.

This.... PLEASE fix the crashes!!!!
    edited August 2013
    SERVERS ARE UP!

j/k.... you can hate me now.
  • hideto1988hideto1988 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No warnings on dragon server before it went down... Why? WHY?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes there was SO a warning. I saw it.
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We totally hear you on that. A rollback was one of the options we considered for the Nightmares, but please keep in mind that Caturday was a major, major issue with a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds. If we did not take the servers down and roll back then, it would have collapsed the Astral Diamonds economy. And, Caturday resulted in a day (if I recall correctly) of downtime.

We had to weigh that option carefully versus our other choices. Ultimately, we decided that addressing the issue immediately was the most important. We felt that any player who was lucky enough to unlock a Nightmare mount because of something that was on us this morning should be able to keep it.

This isn't something we decided on a whim. These decisions are very difficult to make and many factors are involved from players to the devs. And, please remember that we make them with only the community and players' best interest in mind. Hopefully, that clarifies some things for you.

So let me get this right
    • Caturday was a major, major issue with a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds.
    • But the Gold Sellers and just pure greedy players exploiting a 750K+ Astral Diamond mount is not going to give those players a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds. (I'm not talking about the ones that got one. I'm talking about the ones that blatantly got 5-10-20-30-100 mounts from this.) Your ToS specifically say weather they spend money or not if they exploit they can be banned for it with 0 refund. Yet you refuse to do that. You could even just take away all the excess of nightmares from each player say anyone with more then 2 Inferno's delete the rest there loss as they exploited KNOWINGLY none of these players were "new" or didn't "realize what they were doing was wrong"
    • If we did not take the servers down and roll back then, it would have collapsed the Astral Diamonds economy
      • Soooo the gold sellers and greedy people having a surplus of Astral Diamonds to resell for cash and or exchange for zen (125zen for potentially 1000+zen) is not damaging at all to you guys?
    • We felt that any player who was lucky enough to unlock a Nightmare mount because of something that was on us this morning should be able to keep it. You said "A Nightmare mount"
      • Again what about the one's with a surplus of Nightmare Mounts now they get to keep every single one and control the Diamond Market.
    • This isn't something we decided on a whim. These decisions are very difficult to make and many factors are involved from players to the devs.
      • So approx 1 hour is not a decision made on a whim it's a well thought out and documented fully discussed decision that is 100% for sure the BEST thing you can do (Because a roll back to when the server went live with a full refund of zen to all (exploiters and none exploiters) is not feasible not at all...)
    • And, please remember that we make them with only the community and players' best interest in mind.
      • Well the majority of the community and players are demanding:
        • you roll that back,
        • ban those exploiters/gold seller accounts,or
        • at the very least remove the excess of the mounts themselves.
    (Unless of course your company owns one or two of those Gold Seller sites that participated in said exploit then it would make sense why you wouldn't want to do one of those 3 options.)

Hopefully, that clarifies some things for you.

All this clarifies is that you don't have the community and players' best interest in mind.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    Maintenance is complete. Log in game and enjoy the Sun Elf race!
This discussion has been closed.