test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hotfix for PMs, crashes, and Gateway issues!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

Good news! We've deployed a hotfix that aims to solve several issues, including errors when trying to send private messages, game client crashes, and problems accessing Gateway.

Please let us know if you're still encountering any of these issues, along with some info about your system's specs, the areas in which you're running into them, and screenshots if applicable.

Thank you!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Great! Thanks for the prompt fix to these problems!
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now we just need Sun elves and I'm all good to go!

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • realmofmanylakesrealmofmanylakes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    selaral wrote: »

I just need more classes such as the ranger (archer and two-blade) & I'm good to go!
  • mithlimithli Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just need more classes such as the ranger (archer and two-blade) & I'm good to go!

This is fact. :D
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I do want a ranger, but I feel we need some tank classes.
  • n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just ran into a weird issue. I am a TR and in my Master of the Hunt skirmish chest I got a CW item (Redcap Blood Cap) which is now bound to me.
  • lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    I'm still experience a D3D error. It's freezing randomly. I get this error Fatal Error Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_Devicelost) while locking vertex buffer. I'm running the latest updates and STO works properly.
  • falacerfalacer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    I do want a ranger, but I feel we need some tank classes.

Well that's what the "class balancing" in the patch is for to make the tank more viable.
  • therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the fix ;)
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am still crashing on a Foundary mission. It seems to happen when an AOE is cast. My character is a wizard. The foundary mission was Dwarven Rebellion.

I am running Windows 7
    I have a quad-core i7 1.6 Ghz
    4 gig of ram
    Nvidia GT 320M with 1 gig of ram
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    Now if you could hurry up and bring the Foundry back online, that'd be great.
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    n3rdlife wrote: »
    Just ran into a weird issue. I am a TR and in my Master of the Hunt skirmish chest I got a CW item (Redcap Blood Cap) which is now bound to me.

That's because that's a reward from it for every class
  • kamerun2kamerun2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are couple of bugs I like to report

1. The counter of Lurker's Assault is gone...
    2. Sometimes the stealth gets bugged, and I can't go in stealth untill I die or leave the instance
    3. The Auction house is messed up, the lowest buyout price list doesn't work properly...

Please fix these ASAP! :(
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I didn't have any crash earlier today, but wife and I just entered the game a while ago to explore Sharandar and we both got crashes on two different desktops while at the Enclave.
  • skulhedface44skulhedface44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The crashing, even after the hotfix is STILL terrible, I literally just crashed out and many members of my guild who've NEVER crashed once are crashing constantly, please look into this
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just crashed while standing in protector's enclave with a new character
  • joe121303joe121303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ive been experiencing a ton of lag. Im running windows 7 on a dell inspiron laptop with an i5 processer on verizon dsl internet
  • kajunpunisherkajunpunisher Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    selaral wrote: »

still look super forward to seeing the new classes!
  • ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited August 2013
    crashed about 10 times in epic spellplague
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can't make any posts yet, i'm playing the game for about a week already, so when i will be able to make an open post here?
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah, crashed again, that should be a high priority issue, ty for your hard work.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hotfix doesn't hotfix.. patch times out everytime..
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kamerun2 wrote: »
    There are couple of bugs I like to report

1. The counter of Lurker's Assault is gone...
    2. Sometimes the stealth gets bugged, and I can't go in stealth untill I die or leave the instance
    3. The Auction house is messed up, the lowest buyout price list doesn't work properly...

Please fix these ASAP! :(

I confirm that... last night my stealth got bugged and i did all dungeon without being able to stealth... im such a ninja! that suk tho :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • syrakasyraka Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WARNING STOP CRAFTING, YOU MAY LOSE YOUR WORKERS

As I can't create a post (even after 2 weeks on forum ...) I will explain you the problem here

After completing 3 tasks in the new profession forge (on gateway), I have simply lost the 3 workers, for me it was a loss of 25 k AD which I assume I will never get back ....

But for some of you guys it may be a loss of several millions of AD if you lose your epic workers, I advise you to stop crafting until there is a statement on this from Cryptic...

WE NEED AN ANSWER ABOUT THIS BUG, ASAP

Before everybody come and flame on the forums because they have lose millions, do something thanks.

Edit: here we go

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460121-New-Patch-deleted-my-leadership-assets
  • roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    This may be a completely separate issue, as I'm utilizing third party software: After the patch, each time I try to launch with my RadeonPro profile settings in place for my 7970 GPU, the client crashes immediately after pressing play. The client launches properly if I do not have RadeonPro activated. Anyone have insight?

Thank you,
    Roguish98
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is sorting in the AH working now ?

Are dialog boxes working correctly now (that is, you don't get the wrong/previous box popping up) ?

Are some blue items no longer (incorrectly) listed as salvageable ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • evilgeniusnateevilgeniusnate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all,

Good news! We've deployed a hotfix that aims to solve several issues, including errors when trying to send private messages, game client crashes, and problems accessing Gateway.

Please let us know if you're still encountering any of these issues, along with some info about your system's specs, the areas in which you're running into them, and screenshots if applicable.

Thank you!

I am having problems with the game going to background and popping up the desktop cursor about every 5 minutes. It happens randomly.

Also, what's with the AH sorting bug? This mixed with the overuse cooldown is getting to me.
    Beholder Shard

"EvilGeniusNate" - Divine Cleric - Level 60 - 11.7k GS

"Error 404" - Trickster Rogue - Level 60 - 11.5k GS+Stone
    4k power
    3k crit
    3k armor penetration

Order of the Silent Shroud guild
  • oneshout33oneshout33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never got crashs BEFORE the module Fury of the Feywild...Now, happen 5-10 times / days in dungeon, domination 5v5, GG and Enclave; The game disapear instantly on the proces list and back to desktop with a little cryptic error windows...It's unplayable for me at the moment. It's like a memory leak or someting like this. Hope we got a fix asap

PS : Anyway, good job for the module, just great.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yea still crashing a lot too. And never crashed pre update.

Most often in protections enclave, a couple times in malabogs castle, and once in the skirmish.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • cutegirl1953cutegirl1953 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "If you like the game why are still posting" Well since I keep getting booted out of game have gotten bored soon I post.