test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lurkers Assault change is a buff, not a nerf.

bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Don't believe me here's the math.
  1. Lurkers Assault offers the same stealth benefits as before, but now gives +Crit Severity over a straight damage bonus.
  2. There is no point to not being in stealth whilst under Lurkers Assault.
  3. Lashing Blade guarantees a crit when stealthed.
  4. Lashing Blade + Stealth + Lurkers Assault = Win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    point 1 is wrong, its a damage bonus
    point 2 is nothing new
    point 3 is nothing new either
    point 4 neither

35% less damage is something you call a buff?

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hope this is a troll post.
    number 1 is wrong, and that was changed quite a bit ago.

The rest is exactly the same that Lurker's Assault always did, and that only reflects one playstyle/way to use the skill. I dont use my lurkers assault for that purpose listed.

And even if it had the crit severity bonus still. It would have been no match for what it did originally.

Lurker's Assault is just straight forwardly giving 35% less damage. Its exactly the same elsewise as its always been.
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lurkers assault change is a buff, not a nerf.

haahahhahahahahahh
  • wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    Now wait guys, we now have a pretty purple cloud when we activate this ability... That is new.

Now I may be wrong but they mention the duration was going to be longer. It's not!
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hope this is a troll post.
    number 1 is wrong, and that was changed quite a bit ago.

The rest is exactly the same that Lurker's Assault always did, and that only reflects one playstyle/way to use the skill. I dont use my lurkers assault for that purpose listed.

And even if it had the crit severity bonus still. It would have been no match for what it did originally.

Lurker's Assault is just straight forwardly giving 35% less damage. Its exactly the same elsewise as its always been.

However, there is one buff they made to Lurkers Assault. It teleports you now to target if you have one :) And imo it's a good upgrade.
  • baadkittehbaadkitteh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You don't math well, do you? It's not just a nerf; it's a kick in the teeth. I don't know how much longer I'll even be interested in playing now.
  • farsontgsfarsontgs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can't be CC'd out of it too now right? That's a buff.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lol this guy is outdated... dude they have changed the nerf already it's not crit severity anymore.
    SIGNATURE
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    farsontgs wrote: »
    You can't be CC'd out of it too now right? That's a buff.

You can still be CCd the LA won't be disabled if u are CCd that's an extremely slight buff, because it should rly be like that.
    SIGNATURE
    edited August 2013
    Thats the only real buff rogues have gotten, is that Lurker's Assault no longer can be canceled.
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wish the timer was still there though
    edited August 2013
    wish the timer was still there though

Yeah now its kinda a guess to know how long you got before it goes off.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i bet the OP doesnt even play a TR... and i bet he still get spanked by them ! LMAO
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    desstzo wrote: »
    35% less damage is something you call a buff?

22%, only 22%.
    125%/160% = 78,1% of original damage under LA.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Don't believe me here's the math.

Lol.
    You do realize that someone has actually run the numbers on your outdated info & come to the exact opposite conclusion.
    Complete with numbers.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?420191-Test-Shard-vs-Live-Shard-Numbers
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lurker's change did not go through, so its a pure nerf (50% cut in the bonus dps).
    However, had it gone through, ....
    imagine the crit severity change if you had 10% crit chance. That sucks bad ... do the math.
    Imagine it again with a 75% crit chance, that is pretty sweet, right?
    So it forces TRs to build a single way cookie cutter style --- high dex, high crit. Folks that picked a non-dex race to for their build are gimped. Folks that picked gear with more well rounded stats rather than stack crit are gimped. Folks that enchanted anything but crit in their offense slots, ioun stones, etc are gimped.

Granted, the lowest rogues probably have a 33% or better crit chance at max level, but even so, the difference between 33% and 50+ % is huge when talking about the crit severity buff.

Hopefully you understand that limiting the races and gear choice down to a max dex max crit build being the "only" way to build a TR is bad and that having a variety of builds that work well is good?
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I've just taken LA out my rotation. Without the high damage, the skill offers nothing. Dailies are important, especially for rogues who generate AP so slowly. It's effectively useless, at least for how I play.

Shocking Execution and Bloodbath are my go-to abilities now, even though neither of them really compare to the old LA.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • ehblahehblah Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i will say this its a nerf for pve but a mini buff for pvp i still was one shotting people in pvp in gg today all i did was look at my target pop lukers teled right to them and lb for about 20 k one shotting most people but i do have a vorpal enchant soo that may of helped but i thought the tele was broken imo
  • ehblahehblah Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^this prolly sums it up if he hasnt played tr lol
  • tsuchan900tsuchan900 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aww man what did they do to the skill my lvl 30 was pumping out 5k dmg with this skill now its only just pushing a little more than without it T_T we get a free respect coz of the huge change to the way i built my rogue was focusing it around this skill now im about as strong as a gwf but can only hit 1 target ah well guess if no respec il just remake my charater
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Free respecs were issued for all characters that existed prior to the Feywild release.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia