test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long on hotfix/rollback

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We won't be doing any rollbacks. Thanks everyone!

Cool - you heard it folks.

Do remember to read every bug/exploit on the preview forums prior to each major update and then login at the very start to take advantage of those that aren't patched. Because there will be no rollbacks, even ten minute ones......
  • david3194david3194 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL, trolling? no rollback? best dev ever. Enough for joke pls, just roll it back.
  • theandyisonetheandyisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope that they are able to bring it up sooner...
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who cares - prices will drop on the AH for Inferno mounts for awhile in the grand scheme of things this little "bug" means nothing - so there are few extra 1000 Nightmare mounts out there now! BooHoo! I don't care at all and you shouldn't either how does it effect you and your game if some people have a fire mount or not? It doesn't.
  • tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont mind the problem. I do mind them NOT doing a rollback, mistakes happen but not fixing the mistakes is un-acceptable. Guess time to quit neverwinter and I was going to buy a few packs of zen today too..
  • ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You gotta be kidding me, letting all those people keep all their mounts? -.- Is that not unfair to everyone else?
  • thorhammer1thorhammer1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's really not your serious or? Only as a measure to build and then no rollback?

RIDICULOUS!
  • belenka5belenka5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so what point to keep servers down if no rollback lets play with nightmares!...
  • heavymet4lheavymet4l Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot for the update, it helped me decide to leave the game. now I will have more free time.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I somehow think no rollback is a bad plan, unless they're planning to auto-remove JUST the nightmares in some fashion (and refund keys to those players).

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    somehow i think that they dont give the **** about it. they just want to fix now and leave as it's. they just care about $ lets dont forget this.. gg dev's
  • extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    heavymet4l wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the update, it helped me decide to leave the game. now I will have more free time.
    tumblr_lmc8xsV9wb1qd1j0s.gif
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • ncf0101trncf0101tr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yea, too bad if no rollback.

But think positively, the people who spent so much zen to open the lockboxes might not get much profit too (AD per zen now skyhigh), cause there are too many nightmares out there, it's price on AH might drop to dirt. Well, everyone will have a heavy inferno nightmare, perhaps :D
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Can you bring the server back up so I can use all my keys quick......or would that be exploiting? Rolling back the servers is really the only fair solution but a lot of money was spent in a short amount of time so I guess they don't want to fix their mistake. Those who spent money to get keys real quick knew they were exploiting. They will not lose any money if you give them back the keys they bought.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They won't be roll backing because they made loads from zen they sold and horses now worthless as so many, win win for cryptic.

Lol you mugs who bought loads of keys, horses worthless now as so many of them about ha ha.
  • ramzes662ramzes662 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Hahahahahahaha. What a company you are :D
  • zypr66sszypr66ss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    belenka5 wrote: »
    somehow i think that they dont give the **** about it. they just want to fix now and leave as it's. they just care about $ lets dont forget this.. gg dev's

First of all. This game is Free. Second of all, you've got no clue what they're doing. These people are busting their asses off to provide you with a great game, free of charge. Show some respect.
  • mysteriousangelxmysteriousangelx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    will you be giving refunds to everyone who spent 3000 zen on a purple mount? :rolleyes:

^thisplease. :)
  • womendriverslolwomendriverslol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^thisplease. :)

^^ stalwart too
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zypr66ss wrote: »
    First of all. This game is Free. Second of all, you've got no clue what they're doing. These people are busting their asses off to provide you with a great game, free of charge. Show some respiect.

I want to say "LOL" but that would be a non-productive post. I do not wish to insult you in any way.....but you are seriously going to defend them on this one??? This exploit was posted in the bug forum well before this patch went live.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug
  • derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This worries me. :eek:
    What will be the fate of all the mounts that people got before the servers went down?

I can imagine bad things happening in the auction house and trade channels if they stay.
    (not to mention setting a bad precedent that'd reward those who opened the buggy boxes early and often)
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • iltimidoiltimido Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No rollback doesn't mean that people will have he nightmare in their inventory.
    Probably they are updating the database by removing them and giving back the box and the keys to the players, obviously this applies only to players that got it after the patch.
    edited August 2013
    hvnt u played any mmo for free ?? this team is doing lots of mistakes... and this update was FAIl bug was reported 6 days ago...
  • waggiwiwaggiwi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    I think some one in legal has advised against a roll back as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a leg to stand on with regards to people actually spending money on there keys. There might be a few account bans thrown out for people that where found to be exploiting this bug.
    Waggi - Crusader of Guild Medieval-

@waggiwi
    contact me in Neverwinter if you are interested in joining GM.

www.guildmedieval.com
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

ok.....supressing the rage. and asking you POLITELY.

Might we know good sir, WHAT is the intended fix for the happenings then?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • ialistarialistar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Release Moon Elves as you promised.
    2. Make a rollback before it's too late.
    edited August 2013
    i agree that this is their mistake and they cant find out who was exploiting or no mbe i just decided to spend all my money to see mbe i will get something new after this updade... bet they made **** load of income after this patch .. but still they must controll what's going on with game economy..
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No rollback?!! You're going to lose a lot of players if that's the decision you go with ...
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I'm guessing that means a more targeted approach, where you all will try to determine who got their Nightmares from the glitch, and only be removing the Nightmares obtained in this manner, as it would be silly to keep the servers down if nothing was going to be done.
  • rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Might we know good sir, WHAT is the intended fix for the happenings then?

The most sensible question so far. Please answer it.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
This discussion has been closed.