test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry editing not allowed?

kinokarakinokara Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
whats going on here im lvl 40 and it wont let me to go the foundry from my character selection screen. a box pops up that says 'foundry editing not alloowed'
Post edited by kinokara on

Comments

• agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're probably going to keep the Foundry locked until they have a chance to republish all existing quests as part of today's huge game update.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kinokara wrote: »
    whats going on here im lvl 40 and it wont let me to go the foundry from my character selection screen. a box pops up that says 'foundry editing not alloowed'

The editing server is going to be down until this afternoon at least.
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Foundry is down while they republish. This is the same as before.

The whole game was pulled down 30 minutes after launching Fury of the Feywild because of a huge exploit
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?455751-Nightmare-horse-lockbox-bug-running-rampant-roll-back-probably-imminent

the bug was reported in the preview shard bug reporting forums:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah all of Foundry has too be republished might take a day or 2.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Due to the lockbox bug, servers down, and evident rollback, probably a little later.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Due to the lockbox bug, servers down, and evident rollback, probably a little later.

Quote from Sominator in the 25+ page thread in General states quite clearly: No rollback.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Quote from Sominator in the 25+ page thread in General states quite clearly: No rollback.

All The Best

No rollback? Wow, expect Nighmares to be be really cheap on the Auction House then.
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No rollback? Wow, expect Nighmares to be be really cheap on the Auction House then.
    No rollback.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?455751-Nightmare-horse-lockbox-bug-running-rampant-roll-back-probably-imminent/page25&p=5722371#post5722371

also on their twitter
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    "@DM_Ocampo nope, we won't be doing any rollbacks!"
  • kingdutkakingdutka Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Would love to get a Dev/Admin in here to comment on the state of the Foundry... At least a "ballpark ETA" would be nice. :)
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No rollback.

Someone else, over in General, explained it better than I could:
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Do you realize how many keys people bought? THEY.MADE.A.KILLING today. Beyond their wildest dreams.

"OHMIGOD, BOSS BOSS! Someone forgot to reset the percentage for Nightmare Infernos and now everyone's buying keys and getting hundreds of them per person! Should we do an immediate rollback?!"

"WHY YES, OF COUR- wait... did you say... *Buying*.... lockbox keys in the hundreds?!"

"Y-yes, sir?"

"Rollback? Are you out of your corn fed mind?! There shall be nothing of the sort! Our profits have spiked beyond our wildest expectations!"

"B-but sir! This isn't morally right! Think of the economy!"

"Johnny, you're getting a raise!"

"HELL YES! F**k the economy! Yahoo!"

True story.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    kingdutka wrote: »
    Would love to get a Dev/Admin in here to comment on the state of the Foundry... At least a "ballpark ETA" would be nice. :)

The Foundry was already stated to be offline for some time today. This post was stickied in the general forum yesterday.
    sominator wrote: »
    Please also note that Foundry editing, publishing, and reviewing will be down for a little longer than the morning's maintenance, as we will be republishing all quests in stages to implement the new additions to the Foundry with Fury of the Feywild. You’ll see quests start to populate over the course of the morning, and we plan to have the editor back up by later in the day.

Meanwhile, you can check out all of the cool new stuff in the Foundry here and watch our recent stream with Foundry Producer Rob Overmeyer here!

There is no hard-set ETA as it will vary based on how long it takes to re-publish existing quests. :)
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, it's a shame this is still down now prime time for everyone getting home from work. Hopefully they'll have it back up soon.

What I don't like though is that they opted to publish the featured and high ranking quests first. I don't play for the featured ones for my dailies. They should have just done a random re-publish instead of the favoritism. :(
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • joe121303joe121303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it sucks because ive been working on my second foundry for over a month now and wanted to test to work out some more bugs in real time but cant because its still down at 8:49pm eastern time zone
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Foundry editing STILL down??? WTF?
    If it takes that much horsepower to republish, throttle the dang republishing rate and allow authors back online!
    Why do we keep getting screwed?
  • evikroevikro Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still not ready?!? It's 6:20 over here. I have been wanting to use the new foundry features.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    evikro wrote: »
    Still not ready?!? It's 6:20 over here. I have been wanting to use the new foundry features.

3:30 am here, waiting since 16 pm yesterday.... no word from the devs on the situation, yet... :(

• mangofoxmangofox Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    6:44pm here. :/ I wouldn't mind if there was at least some mentioning in regards to the Foundry being down and when it might be up again but I have yet to see any time or date. The Foundry is really the only real reason I play this game, I hope it's up soon! :o
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    The ridiculousness of the downtime length aside...

re-publishing all the quests would go a lot faster if people would take down their test quests when they're not using them.

I wish the game would automatically take down those stupid one room test quests put there by non-existant authors just playing with the foundry then quitting the game.
  • jennutjennut Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there any status update on the Foundry? Is there somewhere else where an official update is posted from this evening that I missed? I am new to using the Foundry and the forum, and I couldn't find anything in News.

When the Foundry is down, it would be great if it were unavailable as a choice from the character selection screen, rather than letting me click on it and then logging me out. The combo of not hearing anything official and getting booted each time I try and find out in-game compounds the frustration. Thanks!

Really looking forward to properties editing in 3D mode :D
  • tulipvorlaxtulipvorlax Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For me, sometimes the button is greyed out, sometimes not.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    It will be up when it is ready.

There's a lot of quests and they all need to be republished. :)
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It will be up when it is ready.

There's a lot of quests and they all need to be republished. :)

This would be more believable if we'd see more quests appearing over time. As it stands right now, all we've seen available are the same exact 30 or so Featured quests out there that surely don't need the additional attention they're getting right now as the only playable Foundry quests.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This would be more believable if we'd see more quests appearing over time. As it stands right now, all we've seen available are the same exact 30 or so Featured quests out there that surely don't need the additional attention they're getting right now as the only playable Foundry quests.

they're not even playable Jasper,
    The teleporters and spawn points bugged out, the worse thing is since they are featured the author's can't even correct the issues. Not to mention we can't even get in to the foundry to begin with :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Hey Gang,
    We are making sure there are no data loss issues before we turn editing on.
    I hope this will help explain why editing is off adn when it might be back on.

The reason..
    If there is a data loss issue, and an affected project is changed in any way, we will have a very hard time recovering that lost data. We went through this a long time ago and we are being very careful to make sure we don't cause any problems with your Quests.

What we are doing..
    We are comparing, playing and diffing several projects to see if the functionality and data is the same between pre patch and post. This will tell us if there is a data loss issue. Basically if the logic of a quest is the same between both patches, there is no data loss for that type of functionality or content.

When will editing be back on?
    I expect that we will turn editing back on tomorrow, possibly mid day, but that may change. We will make sure to keep Authors in the loop.

So what is the current status?
    At this time we believe there is no data loss issues. However, there is an issue with the data of where the origin point of teleporters is located. It appears that the point has moved a little. We are still testing to make sure we know all the issues that may come from that change. This is one of the things that caused a slight panic about a potential data loss issue.

Do we have to wait until all the quests are republished before we can edit?
    Not at all. Keep in mind that anything you publish, while we are re-publishing all of the quests, will be queued. It may take some time for your quest to appear in the catalog once you publish.

As an aside to this, publishing did get delayed while we looked at an issue with the catalog. Re-Publishing will resume and continue as planned.

Again, I hope this helps!

Thanks a ton!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey Gang,

The reason..
    If there is a data loss issue, and an affected project is changed in any way, we will have a very hard time recovering that lost data. We went through this a long time ago and we are being very careful to make sure we don't cause any problems with your Quests.

What we are doing..
    We are comparing, playing and diffing several projects to see if the functionality and data is the same between pre patch and post. This will tell us if there is a data loss issue. Basically if the logic of a quest is the same between both patches, there is no data loss for that type of functionality or content.

I expect that we will turn editing back on tomorrow, possibly mid day, but that may change. We will make sure to keep Authors in the loop.

At this time we believe there is no data loss issues. However, there is an issue with the data of where the origin point of teleporters is located. It appears that the point has moved a little. We are still testing to make sure we know all the issues that may come from that change. This is one of the things that caused a slight panic about a potential data loss issue.

Not at all. Keep in mind that anything you publish, while we are re-publishing all of the quests, will be queued. It may take some time for your quest to appear in the catalog once you publish.

As an aside to this, publishing did get delayed while we looked at an issue with the catalog. Re-Publishing will resume and continue as planned.

Thanks a ton!

Thx for the info, keep up the great work.

• boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hey Gang,

The reason..

What we are doing..

Thanks a ton!

Thanks While I know most of your player base looked at that countdown clock as a way to get new content. So did the author community an many of us where excited for new encounters and tools to use in our foundry's. So thank you very much for telling us when I know you guys are super busy getting this Fey Wild tuff all squared away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey Gang,

The reason..

What we are doing..

Thanks a ton!

Thanks for the post BB! two thumbs up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    Hey Gang,

It would have been helpful if you had said this... way sooner... like before you even took the servers down. Many of us were excited to log onto the foundry in the morning to work with the new content only to be bitterly disappointed with being unable to edit for the whole day. Heck I changed my schedule around so I could spend the day editing, turned out I wasted an entire day.

I know I can't speak for everyone, but about 90% of the authors I've met spend the majority of their time in the Foundry and have little interest in the actual game itself. With that being said, if the Foundry is offline for an entire day the entire game may as well be down. You guys claim the Foundry is important to you, but the way you handle communication with authors makes me question that.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for giving us some more information on the Foundry Editing Delay Badbotlimit!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    moonchipz wrote: »
    It would have been helpful if you had said this... way sooner... like before you even took the servers down. Many of us were excited to log onto the foundry in the morning to work with the new content only to be bitterly disappointed with being unable to edit for the whole day. Heck I changed my schedule around so I could spend the day editing, turned out I wasted an entire day.

I know I can't speak for everyone, but about 90% of the authors I've met spend the majority of their time in the Foundry and have little interest in the actual game itself. With that being said, if the Foundry is offline for an entire day the entire game may as well be down. You guys claim the Foundry is important to you, but the way you handle communication with authors makes me question that.

So much ^THIS. I went to work early so I could come home early and explore all the new Foundry goodies.
    Nothing. Game has been up. 15+ hours later.... FINALLY someone deigns to bless us with "sorry, perhaps tomorrow there may be some stale porridge available, but maybe not." The game and the zen store meanwhile haven't been down for more than about an hour and a half.

Animation: Emote - Double Face-palm

Fool me twice...yet another wasted 8 hour evening. Thanks Cryptic. Next time Cryptic announces an upgrade, I'm scheduling a week vacation, cause it'll take that long to get the foundry back online while re-publishing quests using maps with new trees and objects where there weren't any before - just to keep those smelly authors jumping.