test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long on hotfix/rollback

noxisstnoxisst Member Posts: 105
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there an estimated time for this or anyone know how long these hotfixes take?
"If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" -- Walter White
Post edited by noxisst on

Comments

• terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2013
    They celebrated the new stuff by giving away horsies easily to people for a short period... the hotfix is a lie, like the cake! Bring server up and admit that you just loved firey horsies!!
  • grovelkgrovelk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol...

I want to know about the emergency hotfix time too
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    None thus far... They probably are meticulously checking to see if no one has any ill-gotten nightmares in their inventory.
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'd say at least 2 hours
  • maliangyionmaliangyion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Told u, instead of nefering skills should focus on fix bugs. Always same, money money = ppl quiting
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When we have any information as to how long things will take, and if a rollback is necessary, it will be posted on here, if not by myself, by one of the other moderators. At this time however, we know no more than anybody else.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ONE MILLION YEARS.

Or, if I must hazard a serious guess, I would estimate an hour or two. Any longer then that and it's likely they'll post something explaining the situation.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a mod. I call shenanigans on sneaky mod powers.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Told u, instead of nefering skills should focus on fix bugs. Always same, money money = ppl quiting

Probably a typo in the code for the boxes.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since it isn't a planned thing, it will take as long as it takes. There is no way to provide an estimate for it.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    When we have any information as to how long things will take, and if a rollback is necessary, it will be posted on here, if not by myself, by one of the other moderators. At this time however, we know no more than anybody else.

If? It's hard to imagine them ignoring the sudden glut of Nightmares this has produced. I can't see any way of getting rid of them other than a rollback, it it considered an issue, which I expect it will be. But, yes, no official confirmation yet to be sure.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Since it isn't a planned thing, it will take as long as it takes. There is no way to provide an estimate for it.

Sure there is - we can extrapolate based on previous information of similar incidents. While we can assume that the exact teams differ, for immediate things like this (depending on the severity - maybe there's something more serious then just the lockbox shenanigans at play), it's likely that ~1-2 hours is the turnaround time on getting the servers down, fixed, and back up.

As indicated, if it is likely to take longer then that, an official statement will probably go up before that amount of time has passed.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • theskymootheskymoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
  • braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »

That's because you're just a Community Moderator, and Cryptic fails at communication to EVERYONE, including you. Get used to it.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »

They can however state a goal on when they want to have them up. . Whether they meet that goal is another matter.
  • braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    theskymoo wrote: »

LOL 2 hours to do something about a huge bug reported 6 days ago

GG Cryptic
  • tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they rollback, people aren't going to lose much as was only 30 mins worth. If they don't rollback however, well...guess I won't be buying any zen to buy prof packs after all :(
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We won't be doing any rollbacks. Thanks everyone!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • pstyle151pstyle151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you ****ting me no rollbacks?
  • whichwitch01whichwitch01 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thanks for the update Sominator.:)
  • makathmakath Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you aren't doing a rollback, are you at least removing Nightmares from those people who got them due to a bug?
    kilfir_sig.png
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Um I dont get it and many others probably don't either....no rollbacks? What about the mounts, and how are they going to be flushed out?

I should also ask....why wouldnt you do a rollback when you were able to stop it this early? I was in the game very quick and barely got my dailies picked up in sharandar before the server came down. Rollback shouldnt be an issue for anyone.
  • womendriverslolwomendriverslol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »

You're just trolling us, right?
    edited August 2013

He's having fun with you. The servers are not back. There is a rollback-so to speak. I doubt you'll have your ill-gotten nightmares when you log in.
  • nemoladenemolade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    first time a community actually wants a roll-back and the devs don't?
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2013
    I don't quite see the big deal. Inferno Nightmares are nothing special. Good call on not rolling back.
    edited August 2013
    Maybe I can finally have the inferno I've always wanted, hah.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013

will you be giving refunds to everyone who spent 3000 zen on a purple mount? :rolleyes:
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    step 1: drive ZEN prices to 500 AD/per ZEN

step 2: profit
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    are u going ban ppl who exploited it then would be nicer if u lot did some thing about exploiters for a change
  • jefferjeffersonjefferjefferson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They don't want to roll back because of how much Zen people probably bought and it saves them from refunding money...

Also it shot the zen prices up past 400 AD each so they like that too.
    Curse of the Sorceress: NW-DL35CQ9ET Eligible for Daily Foundry! (Approx. 50 min adventure to defeat the evil Sorceress)

Dodgeball: NW-DR9U49EM6 (Approx. 15 min dodgeball tournament against ranged enemies)

Farming Fiesta: NW-DJL23IH7G (Approx. 30-45 min map for farming items and experience)
This discussion has been closed.