Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 8-22-13 7AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Gateway just went down and now it says under maintenance again.

Yeah theres a Lockbox exploit or something broke, you could get a nightmare with like 50% chance. Im hoping that is the reason it went down and they are doing a quick hotfix with a rollback.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Server Down, i think it has something to do with all the previous /or bug winner of Mount being announce, LOL
  • Options
    iamnotjasoniamnotjason Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah i was in the middle of stomping some ashani [sp] demons too lol...hopefully the emergency maintenance is to add in a box to turn off admin spamming the screen...
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited August 2013
    No new gateway? I sad... :(
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, it says it's down for emergency maintenance. I really hope it's not down all day -- I have 6/7 celestial coins on all my invoking characters and I really don't want to lose them because of an exploit emergency. D:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Over/Under on number of times servers will go down today will be 5

Over/under on number of rollbacks today will be 2
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    so it was an unintentional exploit?
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It was a stupid oversight by devs I think.
  • Options
    talleydarkstar2talleydarkstar2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I tried to log back in it said I couldn't due to Operators. I busted out laughing. lol Annoying yes, but may be beneficial.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't know since I didn't get a chance to log in before they took it down, but I imagine something went wrong when they fiddled with the new lockboxes and the old Nightmare Lockboxes such that people are getting Heavy Inferno Nightmares with a probability at or near 100%.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I would assume it had to be. Not sure if you were on or not but the screen and chat boxes were literally flooded with nonstop "So and So has acquired a Heavy Nightmare Mount" over and over and over...sometimes the same name 2 or 3 times in a row :)

-Shin
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ah i was readiing the general discussion and wow on the overlook part of nightmare boxes..i've been selling them since ihave no use for it until i recently discovered the AD and Zen exchange. It's too bad i barely go over 5k AD anyways....

But on the other hand I ca upgrade my companion but its 300K AD :[
  • Options
    mordethforsakenmordethforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Given that the patch is already sitting happily on the test server, I'd say the two hours may be about right unless there's a major difference in the test server hardware and/or the code they're putting onto the live servers.

Both Cryptic and PWE have done this sort of thing before, most of the Neverwinter Team leads are experienced staff members transferred from STO and CO, they know what they're doing.

Famous last words...

Fallenhawk WINS!
  • Options
    laceriklacerik Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shindenial wrote: »
    I would assume it had to be. Not sure if you were on or not but the screen and chat boxes were literally flooded with nonstop "So and So has acquired a Heavy Nightmare Mount" over and over and over...sometimes the same name 2 or 3 times in a row :)

-Shin

My favorite was when it started saying it in German
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two more hours until they expect them back up. :( i wanted to start making my Drow!
  • Options
    vasillekvasillek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i hope there will be rollback
  • Options
    arkamjfarkamjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so fail!!!
  • Options
    mattutanomattutano Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When will the new race be available ?? =)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, now I guess I'm forced to go do productive stuff IRL for a while whether I want to or not, so it's not really a loss. As long as I don't lose my coins I'll be happy.
  • Options
    ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited August 2013
    There needs to be a rollback and I am one who opened a box.
    Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 more hours? How is this a "quick" fix ....
  • Options
    matteo273matteo273 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If this BUG was REPORTED DAYS AGO on the test server. Why was nothing done to prevent this?!
  • Options
    kheriekalikheriekali Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Figures. I take half a day PTO to get some time in before everyone gets home and it's down.
  • Options
    bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yea, I just spent 11250 on 100 keys, got 3 of the new mounts. For 100 keys thats pretty darn good. Unfortunate that I have a feeling it will be rerolled. Just hope my Zen total goes back up when I lose all the stuff I got from lockboxes. Didn't bother using any keys on normal lockboxes because those flaming horses would be worthless heh.
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lacerik wrote: »
    My favorite was when it started saying it in German

It always updates you in the language used by the player who got the reward from the box.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can one of the game's staff or dev team confirm that a rollback will be the action you will be surely taking? otherwise it is just ridiculous that you are letting some players keep literally dozens of T3 mounts due to taking advantage of what was obviously a bug which is as far as I know against the games TOS , sorry for sounding like some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but the rules are there for a reason.
  • Options
    bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kheriekali wrote: »
    Figures. I take half a day PTO to get some time in before everyone gets home and it's down.

I really really do not understand why people take time off when new games or expansions come out. Downtime on launch day is a surprise to you?
  • Options
    laceriklacerik Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bazgc wrote: »
    It always updates you in the language used by the player who got the reward from the box.

Ein nightmarenglockspiel!
  • Options
    ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They better remove all those horses...
  • Options
    brodergregerbrodergreger Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
This discussion has been closed.