test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 8-22-13 7AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) morning at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Patch notes are available here.

Please also note that Foundry editing, publishing, and reviewing will be down for a little longer than the morning’s maintenance, as we will be republishing all quests in stages to implement the new additions to the Foundry with Fury of the Feywild. You’ll see quests start to populate over the course of the morning, and we plan to have the editor back up by later in the day.

Meanwhile, you can check out all of the cool new stuff in the Foundry here and watch our recent stream with Foundry Producer Rob Overmeyer here!

Thank you! :)

Update 1 (7:00AM PDT): Maintenance has begun!
Update 2 (8:00AM PDT): Maintenance is ongoing. Thanks for your patience!
Update 3 (9:05AM PDT): Maintenance is complete. Welcome to Fury of the Feywild!
Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!
Update 5 (10:50AM PDT): We're working to get the servers up ASAP! Thanks for your patience!
Update 6 (10:55AM PDT): The servers are now up. Thanks again, and welcome back to Neverwinter!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What? This is totally unexpected! I was totally planning on playing during those hours.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there any way to prepatch? to be able to avoid the overload that will probably happen tomorrow?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Is there any way to prepatch? to be able to avoid the overload that will probably happen tomorrow?

If you login, then exit the game, it should popup w/ the prepath, (the game launcher should reopen after you've exited).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It does not happen, never happens in my install, i tried everything but the prepatching does not launch :(
  • Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    What did you guys expect? boom expansion released we play? It's going down from 10-12 EST then it's gunna be a nice big fat patch.
  • Options
    edheadedhead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rangers :)
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, prepatching hasn't worked yet. It'll do about 2111 byte and then die. But it'll cause the start up patch to fix those files. Hopefully, it'll work for me tomorrow.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    -hits the alarm- Red alert this not a drill, I repeat not a drill . All hands to battle stations . Yeah first ever exception to Neverwinter . Yes now on to the bet on how long the the sever going be down for real. I say +3-5 hours at the worst no game for heft a day(or a day if you going sleep). I hope I'm wrong but most likely am not.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WTB Patch Notes...

Still editing the patch an hour before d/t bodes well :)
  • Options
    bloodgirlbloodgirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awsome patch notes :))
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still no Patch Notes available... -_-'
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where are the patch notes O_o ?
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    Will there be a free respec?
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Patch Notes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baranthusbaranthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    I have no idea what is coming after maintenance. All i know is I have paid for some new goodies but I have no idea of content or changes. I have purposely avoided all emails and discussions on said expansion. With that in mind, allow me to return to the underside of my rock and do not wake me for about 2 hours.

kthxbai
  • Options
    gribnazgribnaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bladepowah wrote: »
    Will there be a free respec?

"Free Retrain for all players.
    Usable by clicking the Retrain button in the bottom left of the Powers window."
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been able to patch the game. I suggest people not willing to patch the game too slowly avoid the rush and start doing it now.
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Where are the patch notes O_o ?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=965141
  • Options
    zagrebfeverzagrebfever Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When are servers going up?
  • Options
    focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice patch but:

''Our goal is to have another class and more Paragon Paths for all classes by the end of the year.''

So I guess no new Paragon path?

oeps nvm...wrong reply for this threat...
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    ive got a 2146mb patch going (I don't autopatch areas I haven't been) is that the right patch? my laucher has been repatching sometimes when I start it up for the past few days
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    -hits the alarm- Red alert this not a drill, I repeat not a drill . All hands to battle stations . Yeah first ever exception to Neverwinter . Yes now on to the bet on how long the the sever going be down for real. I say +3-5 hours at the worst no game for heft a day(or a day if you going sleep). I hope I'm wrong but most likely am not.

Given that the patch is already sitting happily on the test server, I'd say the two hours may be about right unless there's a major difference in the test server hardware and/or the code they're putting onto the live servers.

Both Cryptic and PWE have done this sort of thing before, most of the Neverwinter Team leads are experienced staff members transferred from STO and CO, they know what they're doing.
  • Options
    zagrebfeverzagrebfever Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ive got a 2146mb patch going (I don't autopatch areas I haven't been) is that the right patch? my laucher has been repatching sometimes when I start it up for the past few days

I had the same problem with repatching
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Posting inb4 a 4-hour maintenance extension.
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    swejuggaloswejuggalo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you are worried about the patch.. just log in now. It downloaded a bigger file again despite prepatching being done before (new changes I guess). When I had the prepatch done before, it downloaded a smaller package during start and when I quit the game (not really a error if you got a big file at some point before. That is some kind of check or something I guess)
  • Options
    maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, prepatching hasn't worked yet. It'll do about 2111 byte and then die. But it'll cause the start up patch to fix those files. Hopefully, it'll work for me tomorrow.

Yup always when paches start it stop about 9% and then jump to PLAY mode! ;-)
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Countdown stopped ! I am in.

And it has crashed ?
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Go Go Go!! :)
  • Options
    kingdutkakingdutka Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will there be a separate thread for updates on the progress of the Foundry Maintenance? Or can we at least get some progress updates on that in this thread? I'm SOOO close to finishing my first quest and I am VERY pleased with it and VERY excited to publish! Maybe even some time today! :D
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gateway just went down and now it says under maintenance again.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
This discussion has been closed.