test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Responses to "State of the Game" since they won't allow you!

creepndeadcreepndead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Paying $60 for this FeyWild expansion without the Ranger and Paragon path updates is ridiculous. I think that those things should have been included but I am sure this is planned later for us to to pay even more for. The Ranger should have never been left out of the original release/beta of this game nor should you have only had one paragon path limiting the choices of your players. The game is otherwise a fair game to play. I have 4 of the 5 classes to 60 and mostly Tier 2 geared. I guess we will see what the future holds but with the current "State of the Game" I think we are looking at a very dim horizon. Again just my 2 cents.
Post edited by creepndead on

Comments

• ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I... you realize you don't have to pay for the expansion, right? And that if you do, you get a bunch of other things (of debatable worth, but that's neither here nor there)?

I'd rather them take their time to make the Ranger/Paragon Path updates a bit more polished, then rush them out the door. We can already see some great evidence of what happens when Cryptic rushes ideas, do we really need to keep asking for them to do so?

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see it's not just the PR department that are pretending there's 2 million players. Bit disappointing to see this guff being regurgitated by Andy Velasquez.
  • badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some intresting stuff cant wait to see the new classes and paragon paths maybe Im a bit of a masocist but I like that there keeping it under wraps makes it more fun to speculate.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    they have already stated on many occasions that ranger will not be in module 1 but will be released by the end of the year, you sound surprised lol. Also I thought they were releasing new paragon paths for each class with this module aren't they?

Also this game has always been and still is completely free to play, you get 100% of content with 0 dollars. That said I did finally drop some money into as I wanted a GPF before they skyrocketed in price b/c of no more lockboxes =)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    I see it's not just the PR department that are pretending there's 2 million players.

That's one of the key things about f2p games - since no-one has to reactivate a subscription to come back, every account that's ever been made can still be counted. :rolleyes:
  • valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also I thought they were releasing new paragon paths for each class with this module aren't they?

No, they're not. (Unless there's a huge surprise -- and I hope there isn't, because I wouldn't want them to be released without testing on the preview shard first.) They've said that new paragon paths will be released before the end of the year.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valasqua wrote: »
    No, they're not. (Unless there's a huge surprise -- and I hope there isn't, because I wouldn't want them to be released without testing on the preview shard first.) They've said that new paragon paths will be released before the end of the year.

IIRC the state of the game said that they'd be on preview within the next few weeks hopefully.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    they have already stated on many occasions that ranger will not be in module 1 but will be released by the end of the year, you sound surprised lol. Also I thought they were releasing new paragon paths for each class with this module aren't they?

Also this game has always been and still is completely free to play, you get 100% of content with 0 dollars. That said I did finally drop some money into as I wanted a GPF before they skyrocketed in price b/c of no more lockboxes =)

Wait, did you see them confirm it was the Ranger? I hadn't seen that. I hope that is the case, but I would be happy with a Monk, Paladin, Warlock, or any number of other classes also. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Wait, did you see them confirm it was the Ranger? I hadn't seen that. I hope that is the case, but I would be happy with a Monk, Paladin, Warlock, or any number of other classes also. :)

Oh no actually, there's just a million threads a week about ranger so I just had a Freudian slip heh. I would actually prefer Hellfire Warlock, I think it sounds like a really fun class. And thanks for the update with paragon paths all, I really thought they were coming out today.

which also means no free respec, darn was looking forward to that ;)
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh no actually, there's just a million threads a week about ranger so I just had a Freudian slip heh. I would actually prefer Hellfire Warlock, I think it sounds like a really fun class. And thanks for the update with paragon paths all, I really thought they were coming out today.

Yeah, I feel that. ;)
    The Hellfire Warlock does sound very cool. Hopefully we'll see one or more on Preview very soon - and I wouldn't be unhappy with some new races either, since playing a Dragonborn looks kind of awesome.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2013

You'll get a free respec today ;) devs confirmed it.
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Every class is getting a free respec, each character regardless of current level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    do this respec stack? I still have my first respec, do I still get the 2nd one?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unsurprisingly: no mention of the PLONK on unbinding Z_Store companions. Meh.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Links for this "Confirmed" Respec please....
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    do this respec stack? I still have my first respec, do I still get the 2nd one?

Free respecs never stack. Capacity is one - if you know that a free respec is likely, it's suggested that you use up your current free one so that you don't lose it. Obviously a lost opportunity right now, but for future reference.

Generally, it's recommended that you play some on the Test shard to see what works there, and then swap your Live character (using your free respec) to things that will be workable in the next patch (provided you have a free respec on hand). Only do this if you have developer confirmation that a respec is, infact, coming (last I heard, they were CONSIDERING it and in talks about that subject with no resolution given as to Yes or No to a free respec).

• valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There's definitely a post from a dev that said everyone was getting a free respec. It should be in the dev tracker -- from early this week or possibly late last week.
    edited August 2013
    Seems so.

Links are handy. :P

• baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you very much that's all I needed;)
  • badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »

More than likely the new classes are going to be Hunter Ranger or Scruge Warlock. Would link you to my sources but not allowed but Im pretty confident I will be proven correct.
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    More than likely the new classes are going to be Hunter Ranger or Scruge Warlock. Would link you to my sources but not allowed but Im pretty confident I will be proven correct.

Aha! badpanda is panderus the dev's alt account!
  • vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2013
    to Devs.... If you Are so concerned with the foundry, then how about making it worth playing by giving out some decent rewards, no one i play with cares much about the foundry cause they dont want to run an hour long quest just to get a green item , at least throw us a named blue item or transmutation items or something, everyone just hits the 4 fastest ones they can for the meager AD and doesnt look back, on that note to it would be nice if yall changed the restrictions to 1 hour of foundry playtime for daily instead of 4 - 15min ones, all the longer quests are at a significant disadvantage because of this.
  • apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    they have already stated on many occasions that ranger will not be in module 1 but will be released by the end of the year, you sound surprised lol.
    Yes, surprised because he probably doesn't believe it to be true, like me.

As of a couple ago, it was just the opposite. They were teasing that a ranged class as well as new paragon paths WOULD be released in this module. They were using language that is just the opposite of what you are claiming.
    Aside from the previews of fixes coming to Neverwinter, Velasquez explored some of the new content that will be released in the coming weeks. "Right now, we're putting the final touches on some new end game content: Gauntlgrym. It will be our first raid-sized, competitive PvP/PvE experience, and our current goal is to release it to OBT within a few weeks. On top of that, we've also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can't share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it's going to be a "ranged" one."
    Read more at http://www.warcry.com/news/view/124311-Neverwinter-State-of-the-Game-Address-Hints-at-Adding-Ranger-Class#i6uP4ZPEj1pRFAVm.99

I remember reading the source article for that. It got me stoked to play a new class because I've already leveled up all classes to 60 and am bored with end game content with them.

Now, I admit that things can change over the course of a couple months. It's one thing to hint and new changes such as a new class and paragon paths...it's quite another to do so then retract it. You are saying they retracted it. Fine...perhaps I missed all those "many times." I've not been as active here as I used to be.

So where are all these "many occasions" that you claim they said otherwise?

Regardless...this far into the game's "gold release" and we have no ranged fighter class, only 5 classes altogether, 1 paragon path for each, and still no new PVP arenas.

...but hey...at least we have more underwhelming mounts and companions! That's gotta count for something.

I'm glad I took a break from the game when I did. I was hoping that this patch would make it no so boring by adding new classes (or at least 1) as well as new end game content. Yeah, yeah...there's new "level 60 end game content." but so what? What's the point in adding "end game content" at the same level as what already exists? It's just accumulating new "stuff"...there is no new development of your character.

NW is a great game for the first few months. But once one realizes how limited the game actually is, and how 100% of the game is built around being a money sink, it just gets old. I can't imagine any "vets" still playing the game and having as much as they used to when they began.

There's just no longevity to the game.

*EDIT*

Found the original source of the article: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »

Hmmmm, is your source on Reddit?
    edited August 2013
    Aside from the previews of fixes coming to Neverwinter, Velasquez explored some of the new content that will be released in the coming weeks. "Right now, we're putting the final touches on some new end game content: Gauntlgrym. It will be our first raid-sized, competitive PvP/PvE experience, and our current goal is to release it to OBT within a few weeks. On top of that, we've also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can't share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it's going to be a "ranged" one."
    Read more at http://www.warcry.com/news/view/124311-Neverwinter-State-of-the-Game-Address-Hints-at-Adding-Ranger-Class#i6uP4ZPEj1pRFAVm.99

"On top of that" clearly indicates that it isn't part of the "within a few weeks" statement. Not only that based on the wording the class seems separated and just by reading that I can tell that companions, mounts, zones, mechanics, and paragon paths are coming later, and the class last of all and probably later still.

Perhaps english isn't your first language? or perhaps you see what you want to see b/c you want a new class. No I don't have the links right in front of me, but I have read on multiple occasions clear statements that the class will no be released in module one but will be released within the year. I am at work right now and I don't have time to dig through every forum topic.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Hmmmm, is your source on Reddit?

Some of the game files were uncovered to have names indicating this back in OB.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    creepndead wrote: »
    Paying $60 for this FeyWild expansion without the Ranger and Paragon path updates is ridiculous. I think that those things should have been included but I am sure this is planned later for us to to pay even more for. The Ranger should have never been left out of the original release/beta of this game nor should you have only had one paragon path limiting the choices of your players. The game is otherwise a fair game to play. I have 4 of the 5 classes to 60 and mostly Tier 2 geared. I guess we will see what the future holds but with the current "State of the Game" I think we are looking at a very dim horizon. Again just my 2 cents.

You see all the stuff they did this patch? Just give it time they would've had the new class ready if they wasn't fixing/adding all that new stuff.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    I... you realize you don't have to pay for the expansion, right? And that if you do, you get a bunch of other things (of debatable worth, but that's neither here nor there)?

I'd rather them take their time to make the Ranger/Paragon Path updates a bit more polished, then rush them out the door. We can already see some great evidence of what happens when Cryptic rushes ideas, do we really need to keep asking for them to do so?

This ^

I payed for the pack because I enjoy the game and want to support the company, they are far from perfect but I'm glad they aren't rushing out new classes and paths without proper testing and fixing balance for the current classes.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is retrain token the same as respec token? Because I thought I read in the patch notes we get a free retrain token and not respec.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Here's what I was going to post.

"So it took three months to realize what people were asking for prelaunch, more classes? This is D&D cmon, not to mention all of the months of comments posts on forums, reports, and updates on other news sites, as well as the consistant posting on your own official forums and now we have to wait until the end of the year? Really? What happened to these classes being in development in closed press beta like multiple interviews indicated?"

Seriously, Totalbiscuits video has one of the main devs lying to people about the ranger class when the question was brought up especially since he mentioned they were "working" on them now (now being DURING closed press beta) and should be just after release.

Then today, they say we'll see new classes by the end of the year! Way to go all Arenanet on us. Thanks.