test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

99 Potions of Healing on the Wall! 99 potions of healing....

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Take one down pass it around 98 potions of healing on the Wall.

Lv31 GWF, is the first time I bought a stack of 99 Healing potions it cost around 3 gold to do that. By lv 33 I had Bought another 99 Stack. At Lv 35 I bought a 99 stack just before doing Liar of the mad dragon and I used over 120 potions in the entire dungeon and 3 failed attempts on the dragon. Other party members say they only bring 20-30 potions for that lair and only use about 5 on the dragon itself. including the GF. The other GWF in the group also had a 99 stack of potion before the dungeon started.

This is a serious Issue. In Beta weekend 4 I ran out of gold to buy more potions on my GWF, Of course back then I bought mounts and I bought more Companions. Now I have never had more than 5 gold on my GWF at an given time, now lv 38. And it is 5G for a horse. Are GWF expected to never have a mount and to never have more than 1 companion, because they must sink everything into healing potions.

Or am I wrong, Are other classes also buying the 99 potion stacks at these levels and burning through them just as fast?
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• skahabriskahabri Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't have an answer but only want to add to your complaint. That is if they're listening. I'm only LVL12 but soloing is getting next to impossible since it takes so much healing to get through any of the quests and theres NO HEALING potions for Drops! Why? Sorry I do remember seeing one but I don't rememnber where. The ratio of healing pots to kills is really out of balance. If you need to use 2 pots to kill a mob, shouldn't there be at least one in the drop? Identifying stuff is pretty useless if you can't heal to carry on. I think I'll go back to another game untill I hear that this has been addressed.

Ska...
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DCs. Just DCs. I don't buy them in stacks of 99 (in stacks of 20 instead), but it says a lot that my DC is always having to run for potions while my CW has a stack of 80 potions that she's picked up from chests / enemies / etc. because she's never had to use more than half a dozen in her lifetime.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • sxarrsxarr Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you know you can buy potions from the Auction Hall for AD yes?
    also with like lvl 15~ Leadership you can easily make 1 gold per 8 hours or so
    MaxPower
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if you're the only one in the party doing AoE, you should switch to single target and let others take their share of aggro, unless you're a very experienced player and can carry the rest of the group.
  • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If your a GWF, and your using THAT many potions, I think you might have a problem with your playstyle. Sure GWF use the most potions out of anyclass. But I have never, ever had to use that many.

and it seems like you may be the only one doing aoe damage in your groups, which would explain why your using so many potions. If thats how you want to do, I would suggest you invest in the sentinal tree and defense oriented stuff than offense. Because your just going to get worked. You still are but to a lesser degree.

Though another suggestion is to be very mindful of how many monsters you try to take at once. Dont try to take all of them or an excessively large number.

Though now that I look at the date of the original post. Its the date before GWF got thier buff, and back when Mad Dragon dungeon was much harder and instead of legion devils that spawn, it used to be summoners which would additionally spawn a mess of imps. And decreased the health pool of the mad dragon (and every other dragon at that matter )

That could explain why he used so many potions then. Cause then that dungeon was crazy back then.
  • balthazoorbalthazoor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you not have a companion? If not, get the healer... She's one of the best investments you'll ever make in the game, saves a boat load of money for potions and makes PvE more manageable.
  • kulrigkulrig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Though now that I look at the date of the original post.

Good thing I read that, I was about to post a huge thing about how he should just get a cleric pet and other advice. So instead, I'll post a small thing.

To those leveling a GWF and having similar issues as the OP; get the cleric pet. Seriously, Little Miss Healbot has saved my life so many times. In dungeons she allows me to stand in more fire so I can build Unstoppable more quickly, thus is a bigger damage increase than a Striker pet that uses a weak skill every few seconds and dies a lot more often. She still dies sometimes, but Fido goes bye-bye at a much higher rate.

A little bit of Lifesteal goes a long way. 2-3% will do while leveling, in my experience. Restoring Strike is also your friend, get it to three points and slot it.

Finally, starting around level 30 or so the last boss of the dungeons gets rather more intense. Leave the boss alone and bodyguard your cleric (the player, that is) and things go very smoothly. You don't really miss out on damage opportunities since there will be swarms of adds and you're an AoE DPS class, and clerics can do a much, much better job at keeping people alive if they don't have to dodge and kite all the time. Plus they'll love you, and a cleric that loves you heals you.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well i leveled a GWF to 60 (after a CW and TR), and from all 3 was the fastest and easiest. never used that many hp pots, but at lvl 30 u need to start focus on your build and what skills u use.. good combination is all. i'm not sure if many things changed on GWF, but its easy to almost solo lvl a GWf to 60.

if u need anything just whisper please ;)
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    skahabri wrote: »
    I don't have an answer but only want to add to your complaint. That is if they're listening. I'm only LVL12 but soloing is getting next to impossible since it takes so much healing to get through any of the quests and theres NO HEALING potions for Drops! Why? Sorry I do remember seeing one but I don't rememnber where. The ratio of healing pots to kills is really out of balance. If you need to use 2 pots to kill a mob, shouldn't there be at least one in the drop? Identifying stuff is pretty useless if you can't heal to carry on. I think I'll go back to another game untill I hear that this has been addressed.
    There's no healing pots as drops? How come I end up with loads that I vendor? For some reason I've always been tight using pots when I could have my companion or a campfire heal me for free, so I just use them in emergencies, which is very rarely. So I always end up with too many heal pots taking up inv space. But they must come from somewhere and that is drops.

btw if you need to use 2 pots to kill a mob you doing something wrong. Maybe some of the tougher instance bosses but by the time you reach one you should have a big stockpile.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have somewhere under a zillion potions across what is now 7 characters and will be increasing by one Sun Elf CW this week.

I send the low-level potion drops by mail to the newbies, but seldom end up using more than just the bound ones from the reward boxes, unless something goes very wrong. Everyone gets a cleric companion from the get-go rather than waiting until level 16 for the free one. This helps enormously.

Even when I started playing my first TR and took the wizard instead of the cleric companion, I was using potions a lot more often just to top off health, and still had too many. I used the smallest ones to fill up between fights when there's no cooldown. Been doing the same over the weekend while training a new wolf, drinking regular healing potions after fights and using the next size up in the occasional emergency.

Part of it is running leadership on everyone and getting lots of healing potions from boxes, so I end up with a ton of everything but minor. Mobs drop potions like mad for me. Potions from the Tymora boxes, which I haven't even opened all of yet (trying to get crowns for everyone, and hoarding them until each reaches 60 in turn for the best potions). Potions from invocation. Potions, oceans of potions.

I will say, even when playing with a good healer in a group, I will have more "emergencies" and end up drinking potions I might not have needed, just to keep the pressure off. In solo play, I'm not holding anybody up if I decide to be cheap and wait for regeneration, etc. Can avoid using injury kits the same way, by grabbing a drink or doing some laundry while the campfire takes care of business.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia