test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm afraid to use gateway to collect AD rewards. Is it fixed yet?

h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since months I was not able to get them its bug or not I don't know anymore. Now I'm afraid to collect AD rewards from completed Leadership jobs.

Can you enlighten me that if its working 100% now or there are some issues still?
I mean I can try it sure, but once working doesn't mean it works 100% of the times. And I wouldn't like to waste thousands of AD ever again (did a LOT of times in the past, and lost a very big amount of AD).

Any thoughts appreciated!
Post edited by h0p3i on

Comments

• mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only my personal experience: I'd say it works about 85%-90% of the time. :P

...it does put the rough diamonds in the chr. menu like it should, so when you go into the actual game they're there and you can just click 'refine'. But sometimes if you wait a long time before logging in to do that, they seem to disappear. By "long time" I mean 4-8 hrs. Altho I wonder if it has anything to do with when the "max limit per day" timer refreshes, since I think that's usually when it's occurred. Like one time I had something like 8000 rough from Gateway, I logged in, saw them there, didn't refine them, logged in again 30 minutes later (the max limit timer had reset) and they were gone.

And yes I know about the auto-refining. There was no message they had been refined and based on my total AD not rising I'm pretty sure they were just lost into the ether.

So that all said ... it's generally fine to do it on the gateway if you're planning on logging in before too long. But I still tend to not trust it fully.
  • ironmanamericaironmanamerica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I attempted to collect rewards via Gateway for over a month and tracked what I got. I got 0 AD for the entire month and as to what the poster above said, they never appeared in the rough diamond, I just never had anything to refine. Nada, nothing, zilch.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Works fine for me. I get all my rough ad and always collect from gateway.

Pretty sure everyone does now - its been fixed, it's just hard to track due to some quirks:
    - AD automatically refine. Even if you never log in. (actually the auto refine upon login is buggy - it always fails if you have over 24k rough diamonds, but the one that just does it while you're offline seems to work fine)
    - The gateway rarely/never updates your AD total until you log in -
    EG: I did loads of gateway leadership the last few days. It showed i had 360k diamonds. After I logged in just to invoke, I had 400k (Above what I could of got thru the 24k refine limit.. As I was getting them, just the gateway doesn't update well).
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys...

So my concerns are not just imagined thing. This is very saddening. :(
    I'm really into gateway I would love to do more stuff on gateway if I could, but seems AD is just not the one I could comfortably. collect.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    - AD automatically refine. Even if you never log in.

It works 100%. There's a system that automatically refines your AD each day so you don't lose out on gathering AD.

The reason you're not noticing AD is that your rough AD is automatically being refined into AD at least once each 24 hour period.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    - The gateway rarely/never updates your AD total until you log in -
    I think that's the bit that needs to be highlighted.
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It works 100%. There's a system that automatically refines your AD each day so you don't lose out on gathering AD.

The reason you're not noticing AD is that your rough AD is automatically being refined into AD at least once each 24 hour period.
    I'm personally aware that is what's supposed to happen. If you'd read my earlier post, you'd see I mentioned it, but that I've observed Gateway-collected rough AD disappear WHILE IN/AFTER GOING INTO THE ACTUAL GAME and my total AD did not increase IN THE GAME - this was not a matter of the Gateway website not updating a number.
    mrspuma wrote: »
    Like one time I had something like 8000 rough from Gateway, I logged in, saw them there, didn't refine them, logged in again 30 minutes later (the max limit timer had reset) and they were gone.

And yes I know about the auto-refining. There was no message they had been refined and based on my total AD not rising I'm pretty sure they were just lost into the ether.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally I have never had a problem with it, when I log in I get a lil message in the chat box telling me how many rough have been refined and it always seems to match up.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, I've got this new character, just able to start protecting those caravans on three slots, so it's easier to know exactly what he should have (as opposed to ballpark). All day I watched his figure for total ADs not change as I reset his tasks every time they completed, confident that it would update the instant I logged him in the game. And lo and behold! There were his diamonds, with a manual refine only for the ones just claimed, and an updated total on the Gateway display as well. I'll also confirm that the diamonds autorefined while not logged in didn't count towards the daily refining total, which said he's only refined 300 today, when it was actually a couple thousand.

Maybe the changes to Gateway on Thursday to manually refine diamonds on the web interface will be sufficient to make people believe that their diamonds are there and they just weren't noticing their total going up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Um no. Like I said, it never updates your actual AD total until you log in - tho internally it is being tracked. So thats hardly 100% . It is buggy, but you don't lose AD.

EG:
    I haven't logged in the last 3 days. I have just recently hit lvl 20 leadership and have all 9 slots going, so I make a lot - but for 2 days straight my AD total listed 440k. I logged in just now, get error: auto refine failed.. - ad still at 440k, but I have 60k rough ad. Manually refined and now i'm at 464k.

Usually when I log in I immediately notice my ad goes up (eg will list 300k on gateway, then when i log in i have 350k), so yea sometimes the offline auto refine works i guess, just have to stay logged in for several days for it to go perhaps.

Though seems at this rate im just gonna be stuck with a continuously increasing rough ad supply that i can never fully refine.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Usually when I log in I immediately notice my ad goes up (eg will list 300k on gateway, then when i log in i have 350k), so yea sometimes the offline auto refine works i guess, just have to stay logged in for several days for it to go perhaps.

The last time there was a double diamonds event, I started a new character (yesyes, I am an altoholic) and ran the first skirmish with him as much as possible during skirmish events. He ended up with a huge overstock of unrefined diamonds and after the event ended I pretty much left him alone for a few weeks and got back to doing stuff with my higher level guys. I do log in faithfully to invoke once a day on everyone who can, whether I have time to actively play or not, but Robbin was still not quite level 11 when I parked him for that time, so he really did sit untouched for the most part. But his diamonds did all autorefine over time without my having to do anything with him specifically. I suspect I was still logging him in briefly every few days because I would have been using him to hire crafting dudes and then mailing them to the active crafters, and the emergency hire task is only available on any unlevelled profession if you've gotten rid of any existing hirelings first.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia