test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't buy the game without an Skrill or Paypal account?

tsaabytsaaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What the hell is that? Whats wrong with a regular Visa card now?
Post edited by tsaaby on

Comments

• jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open your eyes and read the bold lettering when you go to buy any of the packs.

Both payment methods can process credit card transactions without you having to create an account.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Game is free....

I've used my credit card to purchase Zen before too.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your credit card... is your account. That's all you need. And since when has it ever been hard to spend money?
  • tsaabytsaaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It says you have to pay through paypal or skrill, there is no other options.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you can run the card through a temporary paypal use
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsaabytsaaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you need paypal or skrill to purchase, what a weird solution.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tsaaby wrote: »
    It says you have to pay through paypal or skrill, there is no other options.

Neither one of them requires you to have an account with them. Neither one of them charges you anything. They are payment processors. Every time you use your credit card anywhere in the world the payment goes through a third party payment processor. The only exception is a balance transfer between two credit cards which is processed directly by the credit card coompany.
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    tsaaby wrote: »
    So you need paypal or skrill to purchase, what a weird solution.

I expect it saves PW money and head ache using services like these.
  • smotusmotu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Neither one of them charges you anything.
    Afraid you're wrong. I've tried twice using my card (which works EVERYWHERE else and has a nice balance) with both PP and skrill. Both refuse to accept it AND paypal has twice charged me $1 and to this day has never refunded it nor replied to any of my emails about it.

I can stand loosing $2 every day, PWE is loosing money from me and my fiance who also is denied by both processors.

Funny since I completed an ebay purchase just today using my card and paypal.
  • dynkydynky Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They are all wrong I agree. I've been trying to purchase the Feywild expansion for 60 dollars since yesterday 8/16/13. I have a perfectly valid credit card that I've used to purchase zen directly from PW. On Paypal I tried a credit card only purchase, I used a previously created account (linked to a bank account), and I even went out and purchased a greendot money loader card. All attempts said they could not be processed return to MERCHANT (PW) and try a different method. Skrill says it cannot process payments from Illinois.

WHAT GIVES?!
  • darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    dynky wrote: »
    Skrill says it cannot process payments from Illinois.

WHAT GIVES?!

I got really irritated the last time I purchased Zen (which will be THE last time if I have to jump through so many hoops again), but not processing payments from Illinois really takes the cake.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Necromancy is not allowed, especially for threads with outdated information. There are many other purchase options available now.
This discussion has been closed.