What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which class got the brunt of the nerfs?

2»

Comments

• braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    tmyerson wrote: »
    So, the basic breakdown of this entire update/change is that everybody is getting some form of reduction in either powers or armor, this has basically eliminated the TR from being anything worth playing. It's like punishment for being good at a game.

PWE/Cryptic, you claim you are listening to your players? Really? Who? This is supposed to be a F2P game, is it not? For those of you that have forgotten, it means FREE TO PLAY. Are these changes made to the game really about the player base or is it about investors, out side influences, that insist they need more money from the players so why not make changes that force them to buy Respec tokens, buy Zen to convert to Astral Diamonds to get the Enchantments they need to maintain some semblance of playing the way WE, the PLAYERS, want to play the characters WE spent countless hours making into what WE wanted. For all the complaints out there about certain classes being overpowered, there were as many trying and being successful in figuring out ways to beat those classes.

I'm one of the suckers that paid the $200 to become a Founder, get a little boost from the onset of the game and have access to one of the coolest races in D&D! (In my opinion, R.A. Salvatore made the Drow very, very popular). I'm one of the suckers that paid the $60 already for Knight of the Feywild, once again for a new mount and a new race that have not even been released at this point! And that isn't what makes me mad, that money means little to me compared to the overall playability of this game and what PWE/Cryptic are doing, turning this into a PAY TO WIN game. I don't know what the future of this game is anymore, but the direction it is going, making every class weaker overall, constantly dropping the effectiveness of classes, is going to cause more people to leave than will stay. If the thought was about trying to make more money, you have failed. I will stay long enough to see the new content, watch every character I have become a lesser form of what it used to be (I have one of each at max level) and then walk away from something that, at one point, seemed to have potential. And I am sure there is a large amount of the community that feels the same way.

Some of you may agree, some may not, I am not posting this for support or feedback. This is my view on the state of this game, and what to me looks like a pure drive to break what could have been a great game. PWE has that kind of history. Maybe they should Google themselves to remember this, "Developer specializing in free to play multiplayer online games."

I totally agree with you man. And I'm sorry for your loss ($260). That's some support right there. Shouldn't have given it to such a greedy company though. Everything they do seems to be centered around microtransactions for new mounts and companions anyways. It's all about money in their bank. Not about the players.

I created a new thread. Seems to be sorta what you're saying here. Why continually nerf the players? People should never think their class got nerfed. They need to be going back over their old dungeons, and making sure the new dungeon is made correctly, and increasing the difficulty of monsters and bosses.

They need to be giving monsters new abilities or more HP or something to counter what they see as OP in classes and the way we're running their dungeons now. Don't make the player's existing skills and class specs weaker, but buff the content and give the content new mechanics to deal with these new situations they didn't expect players would be playing like.

Don't nerf the players, buff the content!
  • kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    I totally agree with you man. And I'm sorry for your loss ($260). That's some support right there. Shouldn't have given it to such a greedy company though. Everything they do seems to be centered around microtransactions for new mounts and companions anyways. It's all about money in their bank. Not about the players.

I created a new thread. Seems to be sorta what you're saying here. Why continually nerf the players? People should never think their class got nerfed. They need to be going back over their old dungeons, and making sure the new dungeon is made correctly, and increasing the difficulty of monsters and bosses.

They need to be giving monsters new abilities or more HP or something to counter what they see as OP in classes and the way we're running their dungeons now. Don't make the player's existing skills and class specs weaker, but buff the content and give the content new mechanics to deal with these new situations they didn't expect players would be playing like.

Don't nerf the players, buff the content!

understand u guys are upset but no one forced u to pay u didn't have to again its Free to play game spending on pack was your choice its not company's responsibility it was yours. Anyways i read these msgs all the time understand u are upset this isn't new thing alot of games do these type of nerfs to classes i played games basically broken class so bad they were basically unplayable best thing to do is play something else (class wise), game maybe, or take break from the game until next update raging in forums won't do much GM's don't really bother much with it. Deal with it, take a break or quit for real not do "im quitting thing" all i say to anyone upset about this, basically if less people are playing they will wake up and do changes PW isn't like Aeria games don't give a dam just move on to next game they want make as much cash they can as long they can.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    understand u guys are upset but no one forced u to pay u didn't have to again its Free to play game spending on pack was your choice its not company's responsibility it was yours. Anyways i read these msgs all the time understand u are upset this isn't new thing alot of games do these type of nerfs to classes i played games basically broken class so bad they were basically unplayable best thing to do is play something else (class wise), game maybe, or take break from the game until next update raging in forums won't do much GM's don't really bother much with it. Deal with it, take a break or quit for real not do "im quitting thing" all i say to anyone upset about this, basically if less people are playing they will wake up and do changes PW isn't like Aeria games don't give a dam just move on to next game they want make as much cash they can as long they can.

It is Free to Play? Yes, how many bank slots you get, do you need more? How many bags you get do you need more? What is the speed of your character, Do you want to move faster? Do you want the pretty horse and no the one that looks like my 87 years old mother in law? If you answer yes to any of all you MUST PAY!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    In answer to the OP's question I think the cleric got the brunt of the nerfs.

The hammer of fate nerf is just silly, that high damage was great for repurpose soul heals if it crit, plus it was a good way to nuke something down fast if needed (erineyes in mad dragon? another player in PvP?).

Sunburst nerf? really didn't notice much difference when I tested it on preview, but that was not in a dungeons so that could be inaccurate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]